What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

Whats Doing

Bench
Yeah because contracts mean a thing these days, just ask Korbin,

Like I've said if not Taylor, the broncos will go after Tyrone Roberts, Elgey or try Benji.
The arrogance of the Broncos and their supporters to try and go after any player they want in the competition irrespective of their contract situation just reinforces why most other club supporters despise the Donkeys.

By the way Elgey is not off contract either next yesr

davi

Juniors
The arrogance of the Broncos and their supporters to try and go after any player they want in the competition irrespective of their contract situation just reinforces why most other club supporters despise the Donkeys.

By the way Elgey is not off contract either next yesr

To be fair, the Broncos fans have not been throwing up names of Kane Elgey and Ash Taylor out of thin air from arrogance. These are names that have either been from media sources or have been speculated in the media. You don't see Bronco fans mentioning Jonathan Thurston or Cooper Cronk because there has been no merit for these suggestions. It's largely been driven by reports in the media that fans have speculated these players the Broncos could be on the hunt for.

"Hunt’s imminent departure will place enormous pressure on Brisbane’s depth in the halves, and potentially put them on course for a tug of war with the Gold Coast over the Titans’ pair of young halves, Ash Taylor and Kane Elgey."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/bf9e8761fa4d8c7486547b24df68cbea

isaiah

Bench
Are the broncs the only club that loses players then gets them to return later? Ben hannant, Justin hodges and darius Boyd.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Are the broncs the only club that loses players then gets them to return later? Ben hannant, Justin hodges and darius Boyd.

Nope.

Darcy Lussick left Manly then came back. Ryan Hoffman left Storm to return as did Liam Fulton for the Tigers.

Thats 3 off the top of my head and I am sure there are plenty more.

blaza88z

Coach
I know people are very anti-Bronco on this forum but out of all the players who have left, I would say Ben Hunt is the one guy who really didn't want to. He sat on the bench whilst Wallace and Prince were our starting halves under Griffin when his last contract was up for renewal and from memory he had offers from other clubs.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I know people are very anti-Bronco on this forum but out of all the players who have left, I would say Ben Hunt is the one guy who really didn't want to. He sat on the bench whilst Wallace and Prince were our starting halves under Griffin when his last contract was up for renewal and from memory he had offers from other clubs.

Well he has offers now.

Seems he wasn't tooooo in love with the joint.

_Johnsy

Referee
If the Hunt signing is announced & it's official, one thing will make me laugh.

Some, and I repeat some broncs fans will say (& have already said), meh no-one really rated him, certainly not Benny otherwise he wouldn't be going.

Yet Benny let Ash Taylor walk out the door, because he had his long term 1/2 in Hunt.

Hunt drops one ball in the GF & all of a sudden he's over rated Nth of the Tweed. Puhhlease.

davi

Juniors
Hunt was great in 2015 no question, but his kicking game went South in 2016. If he can get that back on track then I have no doubt he will be the successor to Cooper Cronk for Queensland at half back. One thing that is not pointed too much about Hunt last season was his running game was still pretty good despite his struggles with the boot.

_Johnsy

Referee
Hunt was great in 2015 no question, but his kicking game went South in 2016. If he can get that back on track then I have no doubt he will be the successor to Cooper Cronk for Queensland at half back. One thing that is not pointed too much about Hunt last season was his running game was still pretty good despite his struggles with the boot.
Agree Dave,

Will we (if we get him) get value for money? I don't know, on the balance of probability, maybe. By virtue the fact we don't have a quality 1/2 means we have to pay more than market value to secure this rare commodity (better quality 1/2).

There are very few decent 1/2's available, coupled with the pending increase in the salary cap, those decent 1/2's worth is higher than it's ever been. 700k-1 mill will be the norm in 5 years time for almost every starting1/2.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Agree Dave,

Will we (if we get him) get value for money? I don't know, on the balance of probability, maybe. By virtue the fact we don't have a quality 1/2 means we have to pay more than market value to secure this rare commodity (better quality 1/2).

There are very few decent 1/2's available, coupled with the pending increase in the salary cap, those decent 1/2's worth is higher than it's ever been. 700k-1 mill will be the norm in 5 years time for almost every starting1/2.

In 5 years I'd say $1 million+ will be the norm.

$700k would get you McCrone.