What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 Crowd Watch

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Let's roll.

Was there a figure from the Nines both days? Gonna guess neither day got past 20k.

Projections for All Stars? Apparently it's selling well in Newcastle.

Emu01

Juniors
25k for all stars.

I predict 2017 to have the worst crowd averages in the NRL era

What do you base this prediction on mate? Membership is higher then ever. The Friday 6:00 pm slot isn't ideal for fans but at least Monday night has gone.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Friday 6pm will be twice as worse as Mondays. There is stulll Thursday night games where crowds are also on the decline.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We'll wait and see. Some of the 6pm games are in NZ which will be 8pm over there so their crowds wouldn't be too bad.

All stars to get around 23,000.

Clifferd

Coach
Round 1:
Sharks Vs Bris 18k
Bulldogs Vs Melb 15k
Souths Vs Tigs 31k
Drags Vs Pen 17k
Cows Vs Can 22k
Tits Vs Roos 16k
War Vs Newc 18k
Man Vs Par 18k

Should be about the expectation

And here we go for another spin around the planet in the almighty Crowd thread!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the last bastion of sensible Rugby League Discussion on the information superhighway.

Will Perth Red throw his toys out of the cot and announce a crisis?
Will Timmah calmly announce everything is A-ok?
Will someone get genuinely upset when it rains in Sydney and there is an underwhelming crowd?

Only time will tell but I cannot wait for the first sub 6,000 crowd of the year and the subsequent reaction.

Panther91-03

Juniors
Round 1:
Sharks Vs Bris 20k
Bulldogs Vs Melb 14k
Souths Vs Tigs 23k
Drags Vs Pen 13k
Cows Vs Can 17k
Tits Vs Roos 13k
War Vs Newc 13k
Man Vs Par 18k

What I think realistically

Emu01

Juniors
Round 1:
Sharks Vs Bris 18k
Bulldogs Vs Melb 15k
Souths Vs Tigs 31k
Drags Vs Pen 17k
Cows Vs Can 22k
Tits Vs Roos 16k
War Vs Newc 18k
Man Vs Par 18k

Should be about the expectation

17k for saints Penrith may be a tad high.I reckon 12/13k and Souths v tigers 27k the rest look about right.

Clifferd

Coach
17k for saints Penrith may be a tad high.I reckon 12/13k and Souths v tigers 27k the rest look about right.

Would be high for a round 12 match or something but seeing as this is round 1 the fans should be buzzing to see their team play so I don't think it's quite unrealistic

But then again this is the nrl lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
And here we go for another spin around the planet in the almighty Crowd thread!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the last bastion of sensible Rugby League Discussion on the information superhighway.

Will Perth Red throw his toys out of the cot and announce a crisis?
Will Timmah calmly announce everything is A-ok?
Will someone get genuinely upset when it rains in Sydney and there is an underwhelming crowd?

Only time will tell but I cannot wait for the first sub 6,000 crowd of the year and the subsequent reaction.

Set your expectations low and you wont be disappointed. I'll say an underwhelming but not disastrous season avg of 15,330 is on the cards

moffla

Bench
If Sharks don't get over 20k they deserve to be stripped of their premiership IMO

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Why don't we do what the A-League did and load all our good games up in the first weeks,
Start with Brisbane V NQL
Bulldogs V Eels
Rabbits Vs Roosters
Storm V Warriors
Cronulla V St George
Newcastle Vs Titans
Wests Tigers Vs Manly
Cronulla Vs Penrith
Then we can assume the media will get onboard like they do with the A-League as the sleeping giant and watch our crowd average whither away, but knowing that for one monday morning telegraph blog; we waz Kings.

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Twice as worse?

On what basis?

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's the worst possible time slot the NRL could have come up with for crowd attendances.

The sooner people realise that the NRL don't care one little bit about crowd figures and only care about the TV dollar the happier all Of you crowd enthusiasts will be.

Latest posts