What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who replaces proctor and green in the starting 13?

LESStar58

Referee
Kenny to the 2nd row you would think.

The common thinking is Munster to pivot but I'm also hearing Jackson Hastings is an option. personally, I'd rather sign Hastings, keep Munster at the back and Slater needs to retire.

I'm interested in another premiership, not the sentiment of keeping Billy in the team for the sake of it!

isaiah

Bench
Is Charlie Galo a chance to start? He impressed as an edge 2nd rower in both NYC and isc.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Can't see much happening different till the Big 3 are all retired, and Bellamy. They're still putting in and are all class so that's not going to change any time soon.
We could lose a few more of our developed players yet (Finucane, McLean, Harris, even J Bromwich). They don't and can't put much stock into holding most of those guys - at some point they have to pay market value for them and they won't. That Premiership you're talking about Less has to come in 2017 before a lot of the experienced ones go (a lot are off contract this year).
As always there'll be yet another product to roll off the production line to do the job at a nominal sum. So Galo & others may get a run at some point in 2017 but most likely 2018 will be the year of change.

Can't see Storm jagging a Premiership in 2018 with most of those guys gone, Bellamy retiring, Smith & co another year older and at the point of retirement (at some point it will tell) & young or inexperienced ones still building.

LESStar58

Referee
Can't see much happening different till the Big 3 are all retired, and Bellamy. They're still putting in and are all class so that's not going to change any time soon.
We could lose a few more of our developed players yet (Finucane, McLean, Harris, even J Bromwich). They don't and can't put much stock into holding most of those guys - at some point they have to pay market value for them and they won't. That Premiership you're talking about Less has to come in 2017 before a lot of the experienced ones go (a lot are off contract this year).
As always there'll be yet another product to roll off the production line to do the job at a nominal sum. So Galo & others may get a run at some point in 2017 but most likely 2018 will be the year of change.

Can't see Storm jagging a Premiership in 2018 with most of those guys gone, Bellamy retiring, Smith & co another year older and at the point of retirement (at some point it will tell) & young or inexperienced ones still building.

Jordy to north queensland is what I keep hearing. ready made replacement for Tamou.

JD359

Juniors
Aren't Bromwich, Finucane & Harris all signed on for at least another 2-3yrs each? I can see McLean leaving tho I hope not. He really came on in leaps & bounds in '16.
Not really fussed who replaces Proctor. As long as their game doesn't become as predictable as his did. Was never the biggest fan tbh anyway, but each to their own.
I would've liked to see Carney or Sandow in the #6 alongside Cronk but it seems apparent that Munster has that gig. Think he'll go ok too, jus' a lil' something about the kid whenever you see him out there on the field

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Aren't Bromwich, Finucane & Harris all signed on for at least another 2-3yrs each? I can see McLean leaving tho I hope not. He really came on in leaps & bounds in '16.
Not really fussed who replaces Proctor. As long as their game doesn't become as predictable as his did. Was never the biggest fan tbh anyway, but each to their own.
I would've liked to see Carney or Sandow in the #6 alongside Cronk but it seems apparent that Munster has that gig. Think he'll go ok too, jus' a lil' something about the kid whenever you see him out there on the field

Finucane & Harris off-contract at end of 2017 & other clubs can chase them from November...first time they haven't been re-signed before then in previous years. makes me think they are at risk of going. Its what you risk when you have a few taking up a fair share of the cap. Will bite Storm in the proverbial for the next couple of years imo. Not sure about Bromwich.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
I meant from this November for 2018 signings. In the past Storm have been pro-active in getting guys signed before being open to approaches from other clubs but this year that hasn't happened for a fair few. Interesting times

thorson1987

Coach
May even be a chance Billys shoulder won't be up to it and he retires. Will free up a bit of cap space.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
May even be a chance Billys shoulder won't be up to it and he retires. Will free up a bit of cap space.

That will be a sad day but possibly on the cards. And yes, it would free up some space but perhaps not enough in the short term.
However Bellyache is renowned for being able to fill the space of anyone outside of the spine with journeymen or new sensations lol. Munster will slot into Billy's position if the worst-case scenario happens - Greeny's spot will be up for grabs then - there's some talent coming through although unproven at NRL level.
Unfortunately, we will always lose good players (and good people) regardless...its the nature of the beast (salary cap).

jason1359

Juniors
Carney would be amazing at the storm but can't see that happening unless loseing proctor has freed up lots of cash and for covering proctor dean Britt would be a great fill in

isaiah

Bench
tohu injured, so they will need 2 edge backrowers now. kenny bromwich and who? kaufusi, stimson, or galo?