What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cars in your suburb

Lambretta

First Grade
I have been looking for a new car for the Mrs (SUV automatic thingy) and as I have been looking at cars I have been paying a lot more attention to the ones around the local suburb

5 brands dominate - Mazda, Toyota, Subaru, Honda & VW
These 5 brands make up at least 50% of the cars in the suburb
I would class these cars as typical of the brands owned by middle class people (I live in a typically middle class suburb)

In the next bracket you have Holden & Hyundai as the "budget" brands with BMW, Audi & Mercedes making up the executive bracket

Below that there is a strange mix of Volvo, Mitsubishi & Nissan's & Jeeps

Those brands easily make up 90% of the cars in the suburb

The last 10% would be a mix of Porsche, Ford & Kia, with the odd Peugeot, Renault, Citroen, Alfa Romeo, Saab, Skoda etc appearing and accounting for around 1% when added together

So what brands dominate the suburb where you live?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Literally every second car here is either a Land cruiser or Hilux. If people want to be ' a bit different' They may go for a ranger or patrol.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We get some pretty nice cars around here.. Ferrari f12, a lot of maseratis, rolls royce wraith, a heap of AMGs and (I shit you not) a Delorean..

But the one which makes me drool like no other is an Audi rs4 wagon... :drooling_face:

TheFrog

Coach
The Commondore is ubiquitous around here, often seen (and smelt) doing donuts at 2 o'clock in the morning.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Its funny. When I was in Sydney I hardly saw any Ford Focus's (which is what I own). Now Im in Brisbane they are everywhere.

McLovin

Staff member
Not so much make or model but there are about a million black SUVs around my area

Pommy

Coach
In our household we have

3 Toyotas
2 Mazdas
1 Mitsubishi
1 BMW

And our neighbours probably hate us hah

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
All over the place where I am in Glebe, which probably represents the massive diversity of the suburb. Lots of small compact cars but lots of expensive euros as well, and a sprinkling of old shitboxes. Being an inner city burb though you don't see so many big SUVs and utes as you would further out.

Lambretta

First Grade
Its funny. When I was in Sydney I hardly saw any Ford Focus's (which is what I own). Now Im in Brisbane they are everywhere.

I own a Focus and until recently you rarely saw any up my way (Sydney North Shore)
Now I am noticing quite a few new ones, all with P Plates on them

Seems the young un's like Ford's direction with technology integration
The parents like em cos of the safety factor as well. 5 Star rating and all that jazz.

Lambretta

First Grade
In our household we have

3 Toyotas
2 Mazdas
1 Mitsubishi
1 BMW

And our neighbours probably hate us hah

congratulations - you fit the demographic for Pymble on the provision that at least 5 of those cars are late models and you own 3 houses

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Had a look around the work car park today, a lot of SUVs, a few utes and a good number of small compacts. A noticeable lack of big sedans or sports cars. A few Japanese bikes. Good mix of brands, nothing stood out. And most vehicles were late models, which you'd expect in a place where most people make 100K+.

Lots of sedans in general here (Hurstville area), mainly Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi (I have a Lancer myself). In terms of SUV's, mainly Hyundai and Toyota.