What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

RedVDragon

Juniors
We finally have a hooker since the days of Young and Fien. Certainly looked comfortable in the number 9. His passes where with purpose, his was looking forward not behind. Smart player and great signing. I would have liked to see Havilli come off the bench I think they will make a good team.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I wonder if the praise for McInnes would've been reversed if a couple of his passes had been called forward as they should've been.

His service was torpid, and he was comprehensively outplayed by Farah/Cook today.

Old Timer

Coach
I wonder if the praise for McInnes would've been reversed if a couple of his passes had been called forward as they should've been.

His service was torpid, and he was comprehensively outplayed by Farah/Cook today.
Not so sure he was as bad as you say but I do agree re the forward passes.
I said last year Rein suffered from the lack of structure to our forwards and how they play very flat footed in attack.
This was also evident today with them at times not getting far enough back to run properly onto the ball.
If we are not careful Mc Innes will be afflicted with the same issue as befell Rein.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Correct. He froze at times too.

You guys in here must accept low standards.

He constantly gives a silly penalty away in most matches too like he did today.

Cam made a very good dart but he seems pedestrian overall to me.

I'm glad you have him and we've got Farah and Cook.

I find his passes are slow, not in the class of Farah or Cook.

Oh by the way, we could give you Tyrrell lol.

Don't forget the fact his first game for the club was against his old club would've been a little strange for him too I like the look of him and I think he'll only get better as the year progresses and as for penalties who doesn't make a silly one from time to time

Rumboz

Juniors
He is a good player surrounded by chooks running around with their heads cut off.
He will want out by the end of the season if Mary don't quit.

So he will learn how to f**k up? so your'e saying he will be brought down a level ?

Understand your frustration regarding Mary

Simple fact is he will develop better cohesion with some players whether Mary is coach or not.

McInnes is an improvement on Rein, no passes at bootlaces yesterday or at players heads or behind them.

It was a refreshing change.

giboz71

First Grade
He's a good hooker, nothing more. Much better than Rein.

But given the other problems in our spine, it will be tough for him to shine. He's not a hooker that will dominate an attack like Farah, Smith or Ennis.

We won't see the best out of him till we fix our halves and fullback positions and fill it with proper spine players. Hunt is a start. Field and Dufty, remains to be seen if they are up to it.

I'll hold my judgement on McInnes till next year if he makes it that far.

BennyV

Referee
I like him. Very strong defensively, quick ball movement from the ground, it's as much as we could ask for from a hooker under this structure. He also seems competitive as f**k, which we need, and is a lot more selective than Rein. Big upgrade, but would still like to see Havili in there to Change it up through the game.

SGMax

Juniors
I was a little disappointed as I saw signs he may be a niggler and have poor discipline.
In the space of 5 mins in the first half I saw him block a tackler from clearing the play the ball and then falling over in the search for a penalty then ....late in the tackle count give away a penalty by making a good tackle then trying to slow the play the ball by hanging on too long.
Hope he gets this out of his game as I think he can be a big improvement on Rein.