What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ive been off it for a while...

Can someone tell me what the final result with Ponga was? Is he coming next season on a swap or is he staying at the Cowboys for a last year...

perverse

Referee
It's not really too surprising that they're keeping him this year now that we've seen a bit more of him and how he's progressing. He's a weapon already. Why would you let a weapon go a year early. His effectiveness at his age is a bit staggering.

We're gathering such an immense amount of really young talent, very exciting. Keeping these kids together in 3 or 4 years might be really tough, hopefully the sharp growth in the cap coming up means we're about to hit a period of not much market movement (once the feeding frenzy of the 2018 market dies down).

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
It's definitely not a surprise, the cowboys' premiership window will close for a while after JT retires which can't be that far off now. While they've got him they're still a genuine chance of winning the premiership and Paul Green will want to cash in on that as much as possible by surrounding JT with the best players he can. So no surprise that he wants to keep Ponga there because he can help them be a premiership threat again this year.

Knight76

Juniors
I'm not keen on him really no matter his potential. Our club is really on the rise at the moment and it seems we have a good culture cultivating at the moment. I don't think he fits the mold if he is as he appears. Left two clubs badly.

Spot On

Coach
I can't see why not from that article. Hints at something there but if he's taken steps to deal with the "personal problems' then it seems to have a small similarity to the Foran case. Should be sweet.

Spot On

Coach
I'm not keen on him really no matter his potential. Our club is really on the rise at the moment and it seems we have a good culture cultivating at the moment. I don't think he fits the mold if he is as he appears. Left two clubs badly.

...and I don't disagree with this either. However, I haven't heard many whispers about the issues he's had at the other clubs and why he's had to leave so I find it a little difficult to make a clear judgement on whether or not he'd fit the Brown run club culture.

He's a very handy player when right though.

Last edited:
Yeah i agree bit nervous on this one,but give him a 1yr contract with an option for a 2nd year if he keeps his screwed on and plays well for us.he will be another cheapie with real talent.titans only can get him on a second tier contract so should get him easy.

PhilGould

Bench
Heard a lot of good things about him as a player but never watched him closely. I know he can play anywhere in the forwards but is he more of a middle player or an edge player?

Caped Crusader

Juniors
1 year deal so he has to keep his nose clean to get an upgrade

That's the only play I'd be happy with and I think it will be Browns tact tbh

Spot On

Coach
So be it. Obviously didn't fit the Brown mould.

Found the quotes he gave re McGuire and his coaching style. Not sure if that sort of reaction and mindset would benefit any club. Hard to know what the real issues were as there's be so little said and written about it.

Last edited: