What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial v Titans @ Palmy, 19th Feb 2pm

Iafeta

Referee
In regards to players running at Egley - most players do run at halves and yes they defintely dented their line through him with the likes of Afoa and Fusitua. Its not very often you get hit by a half like you would with Leiluai and Egley would get dropped when Hayne comes back and pushes the makeshift Tyronne Roberts back to 7 or 6. Konnie and Zeb Taia to return for the Titans as well.

Elgey will be in the halves with Ash Taylor. He was out injured last year but had established himself before then. His defence was different than a scrappy half who tries his best. He was just trying desperately to get out of the way. Afoa destroyed him.

ozenzud

Juniors
i must of been watching a different trial regarding Gubb

he was the same old same old. not once did he make or cross the advantage line, never hit the ball up with top speed and had pedestrian speed play the balls.

Well what I saw was both Vete and Gubb taking the line on and getting the pre-requisite 7 or 8 metres, having 2 or 3 players in the tackle and a reasonable quick PTB and then get in the line to show a lot of energy in defence. Then a quick turnaround to do it again. Rubbish about not getting across the advantage line.

Too many warriors forwards in the past will make 10 metre runs quick PTBs, then get to the 4th tackle in the D and stop pushing up and hassling in defence. Thats when the smart aussie halves and hookers cut them to pieces.

If you want the flashy, big forwards of old, then we will get the same old results. Aussie teams are full of grafters. The warriors have rarely had enough and when they have enough they get results

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
which was kind of softened by the performance of Afoa and Papalii. Another season of experience and learning off Hoff and they should hopefully be ready to step up in 2018..
I like the Hoff, he just had a crap game by his standards thats all. Then again, its another trial game to him. Hoff does bring that experience doesnt he. Hes got Foran this year which should see him running those lines like he did with the Storm.

Well what I saw was both Vete and Gubb taking the line on and getting the pre-requisite 7 or 8 metres, having 2 or 3 players in the tackle and a reasonable quick PTB and then get in the line to show a lot of energy in defence. Then a quick turnaround to do it again. Rubbish about not getting across the advantage line.

Too many warriors forwards in the past will make 10 metre runs quick PTBs, then get to the 4th tackle in the D and stop pushing up and hassling in defence. Thats when the smart aussie halves and hookers cut them to pieces.

If you want the flashy, big forwards of old, then we will get the same old results. Aussie teams are full of grafters. The warriors have rarely had enough and when they have enough they get results

i saw vete run with energy and purpose using strength and footwork
i saw gubb plod

One Warrior

Bench
I like the Hoff, he just had a crap game by his standards thats all. Then again, its another trial game to him. Hoff does bring that experience doesnt he. Hes got Foran this year which should see him running those lines like he did with the Storm.
A crap game? He only played the first 7 minutes or so, he spent the rest of the game sitting next to Doc Mayhew
on the bench, replaced by Papalii.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
A crap game? He only played the first 7 minutes or so, he spent the rest of the game sitting next to Doc Mayhew
on the bench, replaced by Papalii.
I didnt realise he played only 7 minutes but what I did see of the Hoff was pretty crap. Im not writing him off though on one short trial game performance. I know what he can do.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I'm so excited about Vete this season, I reckon he's going to take it to another level - especially early with Ben out. Hopefully Lisone can do the same thing.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I'm so excited about Vete this season, I reckon he's going to take it to another level - especially early with Ben out. Hopefully Lisone can do the same thing.

I share your thoughts RE Vete. Feel like he has outperformed Lisone and is really gunning for Matulino's spot. He has a bit of mongrel in him too, hopefully he can develop into our enforcer

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Vete has been our best young forward since he broke into first grade, he's been ahead of Lisone despite Lisone having bigger wraps on him in the lower grades. He's got genuine size and always made metres, just had some issues with checking at the line a bit and with his defence. Sounds like he's worked in the of season which is good to hear.
Lisone lacks the genuine size to be a a real metre eater but he still has the potential to be a good impact forward and enforcer, he's mobile and has mongrel, but needs to cut out the silly stuff from his game.

Big Marn

Juniors
yeh Vete showed good signs last year and then in some games he was decidedly average. Hoping that he will be more consistent this year.

Did Fusitua bulk up in the offseason? I didnt see much video of the Tits game but he looked bigger.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Fus was always big, right? He's a beast. I'm picking him for POTY, and to kick on to be the superstar face of the club. He's got it all.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fus was always big, right? He's a beast. I'm picking him for POTY, and to kick on to be the superstar face of the club. He's got it all.

He was kinda tall and rangy at first but I thought he'd bulked up even a couple of seasons back. Thats game against Melbourne in 2015 where he absolutely owned his Melbourne opposite (Hymel Hunt) it was noticeable.

Latest posts