What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where To Put Damien Cook

AJB1102

First Grade
Sorry my reply stuffed a bit.

Didn't quote it properly.

All good R20, I'm not a fan of the quote/reply on this forum, its rather clunky. Maybe I just don't know how to do it properly but I find multi-quoting a pain in the bum.

I don't see Madge copping Robbie crap either but if he does his talking on the field instead of in the sheds it'll be hard to deny him and Cook would be the obvious one out. He's too good for reggies and waiting for Robbie to play SOO or get injured/suspended.

Can't say I recall the Inglis to Brisbane rumours mate but they been around so long I probably just tune out. Like I said he'll be a bunny as long as he's in the NRL. You can mark my words - that is some mother f**kin truth telling right there!

Rabbits20

Immortal
All good R20, I'm not a fan of the quote/reply on this forum, its rather clunky. Maybe I just don't know how to do it properly but I find multi-quoting a pain in the bum.

I don't see Madge copping Robbie crap either but if he does his talking on the field instead of in the sheds it'll be hard to deny him and Cook would be the obvious one out. He's too good for reggies and waiting for Robbie to play SOO or get injured/suspended.

Can't say I recall the Inglis to Brisbane rumours mate but they been around so long I probably just tune out. Like I said he'll be a bunny as long as he's in the NRL. You can mark my words - that is some mother f**kin truth telling right there!
You're correct. It's a pain in the bum. I was looking for the quote end mark to seperate the 2 posts but I couldn't find it lol.

I personally see Robbie playing 60mins and Cook about 30-35mins.

When you guys get Holmes back you will be much more dangerous. I really rate your other winger Feki too. Did he play in the WC challenge???

AJB1102

First Grade
You're correct. It's a pain in the bum. I was looking for the quote end mark to seperate the 2 posts but I couldn't find it lol.

I personally see Robbie playing 60mins and Cook about 30-35mins.

When you guys get Holmes back you will be much more dangerous. I really rate your other winger Feki too. Did he play in the WC challenge???

If your forwards can hold onto the ball for sustained periods (looking at you George & Tom) and wear a side out, start getting quick PTBs Cook will have a field day. Similar to Granville from the Cowboys when the likes of Taumalolo go on a rampage and he works off the back of it. I have Souths in my 8 for sure.

Can't wait to see Holmes at the back I really rate that kid. Love the Fekster aswell unfortunately he had a niggle and couldn't play WCC either - didn't even travel.

southsport

First Grade
Lol. Well I posted it on here.

So to me I told you guys lol.

That includes you Southsport.

I am now telling you directly 10-11 days before the season that Cook will be in the 14.

I know you're doubtful, but you'll see.

Ha! Now you change what you said.
Guys in my bay yesterday were saying they don't think Gray is a big loss as he been inconsistent for us previously.

They said we are fine with the guys we have.

How long is Gray out??? 12-16 weeks???

There were some suggestions that Gray could be out for the season..........I think it's a loss.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A hooker's D is vitally important. When they talk of the importance of 'tieing up the middle' there is no more 'middle' than your hooker. I'd say more often than not in 2016 and any other year you care to look at across each round hookers would dominate the tackle count. Your 2nd rowers defend your halves and your hooker closes the gap between your props.

Tackle counts don't really correlate to ones solid defence? I would beg you to look at Damien cook's tackle counts when he played the full 80? He had upwards of 40-50 tackles? Does that mean he's one of the best defenders? No. He's not the enforcer in most of the tackles and yes he needs help. What I'm trying to say is hookers aren't built like props or second rowers so there is no way you're gonna see a hooker take down someone like taumololo or Fifita.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Robbie looks good and no doubt Robbie wants to be Souths' hooker. Not Souths' part-time hooker. Too big of an ego mate he wants 80min every week and will get it. Last part of Charity Shield Madge threw them both out there probably in the hope to find a way to use 2 very talented #9's but it just didn't work.

Cook might have a contract but means nothing. If offered a FG role and similar money he'd be on his bike before you could sing the first "glory" in 'Glory, Glory'.

Like I said, Morts is with the Sharks - or Newtown to be more precise barring injury/suspension in the halves.

I am unaware of the GI rumours. He'll see out his career at Redfern but. No one shelling out the bucks for him anymore.

Cook is good. I agree wholeheartedly with you R20. Do you think I'd want him at my Club if I thought he was rubbish? His speed and spark off the back of a big Fifita run and quick play the ball is mouth watering stuff.

I am glad you can see cook is a good player though. He just needs to be behind a solid forward pack which in all honesty Souths haven't had since 2014. Sam Burgess can't do 5 people's roles. Sharks would be able to give him that and I worry that he may be lured to the shire especially if we don't play him in first grade. He's too old to play in reserves now he'll want to take any first grade opportunities he gets.

southsport

First Grade
oi r20 is southy ok mate he has lost the plot big time id suggest with this insane statement above has he flipped out???....i think he is looking for a big bite lol is he?

It depends on how Deitz's development progresses, he may just simply be too good to lose and he could end up as Farah's understudy with no room for Cook.

Rabbits20

Immortal
If your forwards can hold onto the ball for sustained periods (looking at you George & Tom) and wear a side out, start getting quick PTBs Cook will have a field day. Similar to Granville from the Cowboys when the likes of Taumalolo go on a rampage and he works off the back of it. I have Souths in my 8 for sure.

Can't wait to see Holmes at the back I really rate that kid. Love the Fekster aswell unfortunately he had a niggle and couldn't play WCC either - didn't even travel.
I have the Sharks as just making the bottom of the 8.

Probably 7th or 8th.

Ennis and Barba are very hard to replace.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Has anyone got any information/stats for dietz?
As far as I can remember he hasn't played 1st grade, so where are these "opinions" coming from?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
i have been going to redfern for over 60 years and dietz is not in contention to be upgraded over farah/cook wont happen......why becoz im in the know thats why......even when i use to go up to the old temporary main office that was upstairs on george st in redfern... richo and mark ellison would call me into their office whilst tony henderson would make me a regular coffee on my regular visits and we would all have a chat in the office about the clubs comings and goings and its future...Shadow...