What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I have no issues with Brown passing on the player. One of the things that I've liked about brown is that he is creating a good culture at the club. He's keen to not sign toxic players that will negatively affect the club. He's also cutting players from the club who were in a comfort zone ie tariq and Korbut Simms etc and replace them with professional players who have the runs on the board ie kostjason

Jatz

Juniors
Good move passing on him I think. My Panther supporting mates were less than impressed with how things ended.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Meh, I won't lose sleep over not getting Grevsmuhl, especially considering he'd be playing a position where we're reasonably well stocked.

It's good that Brown doesn't just throw money at whoever's on the market and is prepared to be patient and wait for the right guys to become available. I can guarantee that there'll be players looking to move clubs mid year, history tells us that it's inevitable. Looks like we'll be ready to pounce when that happens.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Totally. Especially if we get a few wins on the board early and show progress. Players will see our club as attractive again. Lets just hope this happens....

Knight76

Juniors
Anybody able to post the Tele article on why Grevsmuhl quit the NRL, or give us a rundown?

It's behind paywall.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Anybody able to post the Tele article on why Grevsmuhl quit the NRL, or give us a rundown?

It's behind paywall.

Could not handle the pressure of the lifestyle attached to being a professional NRL player. Went through depression and stopped loving the game. Gould and some close friends intervened and got him help which was prob around the time he was released.

Now living in Orange with his partner working on a building site and playing for fun with CYMS. Seems much happier for it.

MKCS

Juniors
Obviously a Roosters supporter but do like Newcastle as well.

I think Buhrer, Kostjaysn, Sio and even Tupou are great pickups for you guys. When Ponga comes next year and you guys recruit the "big name" you're in the market for (Matt Scott perhaps?) and a strong centre you will really be a force to be reckoned with.

Knight76

Juniors
Thanks MKCS.

Were looking to surprise a few teams this year as well :)

Thanks for the rundown Pedge. I guess that sums up why Brown passed on him, not so much as passing on him but rather him saying no thank you.

Good luck to him. At least he isn't doing the usual leave a club for personal reasons, and suddenly sign with another to play the next season.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Good luck to him. At least he isn't doing the usual leave a club for personal reasons, and suddenly sign with another to play the next season.

Not to take this off topic but I think it takes a man to admit that he's not coping and make a decision that is best for his family and his own wellbeing rather than just a decision based on money.

I expect we'll see him back on the NRL at some stage. But hopefully he chooses to do it out of passion and enjoyment rather than for financial reasons.

betcats

Referee
Good move passing on him I think. My Panther supporting mates were less than impressed with how things ended.

Fans can be sensitive at times, there were a few rumours going around about what happnened, from a casual fans point of view it just seemed so out of the blue, he was playing good footy and getting better imo and next thing he was gone. But I wish him all the best and did so at the time. Whatever was going on it didn't show in his game performance, he always looked pretty good. I know Gus tried to sign the guy twice before he finally got him so he had a big wrap on him and if Gus rates someone usually its for a good reason.

Knight76

Juniors
Not to take this off topic but I think it takes a man to admit that he's not coping and make a decision that is best for his family and his own wellbeing rather than just a decision based on money.

I expect we'll see him back on the NRL at some stage. But hopefully he chooses to do it out of passion and enjoyment rather than for financial reasons.

Completely agree!

Jono078

Referee
That's an exciting worth getting excited over.

Potentially having the best back and forward in the game, on our roster next year.

Knight76

Juniors
Lol, could be here mid year. After the show the cows put on over not releasing Ponga.

As much chance as the Knights winning the minor premiership.

perverse

Referee
Yes, it feels like it's a price that acknowledges his standing in the game whilst also acknowledging his age and the condition of his body. Agree, 1 year too long, but that's what paying overs looks like, I guess.