What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: New Zealand v South Africa at Christchurch on Feb 22, 2017

Iafeta

Referee
Interesting to see if we can bounce back. TBF we have played three poor teams at home this summer. South Africa are a massive step up on our last visitors who we swept easily.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
ABDV goes down injured and Smith has him out for 6 monthss with a dislocated shoulder.

Nek minnet he's up running around like a pup.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Interesting to see if we can bounce back. TBF we have played three poor teams at home this summer. South Africa are a massive step up on our last visitors who we swept easily.
The battle of the world cup chokers is always an interesting one.

Meth

Staff member
Brownlie was looking good and is given out lbw by Reifell. To me, it clearly looked like it was going down leg and replays confirm it.

Williamson is great at many things, but deciding on a review is not one of them

Iafeta

Referee
Brownlie was looking good and is given out lbw by Reifell. To me, it clearly looked like it was going down leg and replays confirm it.

Williamson is great at many things, but deciding on a review is not one of them

Reiffel is a massive plodder. Makes mistakes regularly.

JJ

Immortal
No.

If Latham isn't doing the job, we need to look to the future.
Latham patently isn't in ODIs (as a bat) IMO, his keeping's ok I think, was shown up a bit at the end of the last game but that's down to practice I imagine

Phillips is likely the long term answer, but wrong (as we saw in the T20) to chuck him in against this lot

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Taylor playing a pretty good controlled knock.

But he should give up on those dinky little shots. Not his strong point.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Well played Roscoe. The best bat NZ have produced since Crowe.

I reckon that score is just about right.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Great knock from Taylor.

Score can be defended, but it's also one of those ones where if they don't defend it only 4 wickets down might look like they left a few runs in the bank.

Iafeta

Referee
Massive choke. Southee as a death bowler is an absolute joke. He's the modern day Mick Lewis.

Iafeta

Referee
Phehlukawayo that is some seriously dumb and or selfish batting. I understand Tahir can't bat but when you won't take a single and let it get to 15 off 2, that is some seriously stupid, thick cricket.

Iafeta

Referee
Pleased to see Ross getting respect too. I'm biased, I played against him as a youngster and even then we all knew he would play test cricket. I've never seen a kid so controlled in his batting and so completely composed.

IMO he is in the absolute elite status of NZ bats. His record by NZ standards is phenomenal and we forget how often he held a poor batting team together.

JJ

Immortal
Hilarious that they keep leaving Taylor out of the T20 team - he's a streaky bastard, but with his bung eye fixed he's on fire