What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The JT chase...

bluefox68

Staff member
Agree - we may've beaten him in the final, but Brisbane helped us out greatly by bashing them all the week before.

Week to week - with good coaching - he's a top-line player!

Ads

First Grade
Have JT over Graham any day. Graham hasn't kicked on like I thought he would. That's not to say he isn't good but if it's a choice I know who I'm taking.

Inferno

Coach
Like anything it comes down to value.

Taumalolo is hands down the better player, but how much better. 1.25M is a hell of a lot of money to have tied up in any single player.

If the choice was between keeping Graham AND Capewell or getting JT (not an unrealistic value comparison in my view) what would people say then?

Foz

Bench

Taumalolo is hands down the better player, but how much better. 1.25M is a hell of a lot of money to have tied up in any single player.

If the choice was between keeping Graham AND Capewell or getting JT (not an unrealistic value comparison in my view) what would people say then?

Not a problem.
Seek advice fromParramatta on TPAs and sign all 3.
Or we can start up one of those clubs the Donkeys have got.
Sign JT and they will come.

ghoti

Bench
Steady salary cap increases make the million dollar mark not as scary as it used to be, room for a top liner in every squad IMO.

I think generally speaking, if the best player in the comp in a position comes on the market, you wanna consider him wearing your jersey. If there was ever a time for JT it's with the retirement of Gal, the timing is pretty damn tidy!

Chimp

Bench
You'd surely take JT over any forward in the world. Re-mortgage the farm if you need to...

YTSharks

Juniors
Graham gets the discount next year doesn't he?
So if we give him 800 it looks like 500?
I'd imagine if we grabbed Lolo he'd stay to try and win the premiership

carcharias

Immortal
JT is in top 3 forwards in the game

That's just using the nrl ch 9 hypometer
I actually think he could do a lot better than he does.

Careful what you wish for.
Cronullas best player ever currently plays 80 minutes. Hes on around 750k. He has a passing game. He has ability to make multiple hit ups in the same set. he locks up the middle in defense like a rock, the best. He can read a game superbly well. Can call grand final plays that result in points off the cuff.
Does anybody think that $1.3 mill for JT will replace our captain next year?
Not even close.
But what are the options? We need Gal clones in the lower grades with him as mentor. ASAP.

chewsta

First Grade
If it came down to shedding someone on good coin to make way for JT, then Birdy may be the easiest to replace. Don't get me wrong, I love Birdy. But Capewell could do the same job in the centres. As opposed to Capewell doing what Wade does in the backrow.

southland

Juniors
We will miss what Gal brings but his absence also creates new opportunities and space for others to shine.

Weaponhead

Coach

Exactly. Flanno needs to assess the players to rebuild around. JT is a weapon and is coming into his prime. His physicality and power are massive assets. Flanno could look at Bird as a running lock in the Glenn Stewart mold. Depends on how he sees the team and style to succeed.

Ads

First Grade
If it came down to shedding someone on good coin to make way for JT, then Birdy may be the easiest to replace. Don't get me wrong, I love Birdy. But Capewell could do the same job in the centres. As opposed to Capewell doing what Wade does in the backrow.
Im kind of doubting what Wade does that well that makes him irreplaceable? He is a good player but there is a lot of good 2nd rowers around.