What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Storm @ Belmore Sports Ground

Who will win? Round 1: Bulldogs v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Melbourne Storm 1-12

• Melbourne Storm 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 1
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v Melbourne Storm
Belmore Sports Ground, Belmore (TICKETS)
Friday 3 March 2017

[Times AEDT] Gates 3:30pm | NYC 3:45pm | NRL 6:00pm

CBY-17teamlist.jpg

1. William Hopoate 2. Brett Morris 3. Josh Morris 4. Brenko Lee 5. Kerrod Holland 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Moses Mbye 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Greg Eastwood 13. David Klemmer
Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Danny Fualalo 16. Adam Elliot 17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 19. Francis Tualau 20. Matt Frawley 21. Brad Abbey 23. Craig Garvey

MEL-17teamlist.jpg

1. Young Tonumaipea 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. William Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Cameron Munster 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Jordan McLean 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Kenneath Bromwich 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Christian Welch 15. Tim Glasby 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Brodie Croft 18. Vincent Leuluai 19. Curtis Scott 20. Ryley Jacks 21. Joe Stimson

REF-YELLOW-2017.jpg

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell, Luke Patten

U20s Round 1
Bulldogs v Thunderbolts @ Belmore Sports Ground, Fri 3:45pm

ISP NSW Round 1
Mounties (Raiders) v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (Bulldogs) @ Aubrey Keech Reserve, Sat 3:00pm

ISC QLD Round 1
Sunshine Coast Falcons (Storm) v Easts Tigers (Storm) at Sunshine Coast Stadium, Sat 4:30pm QLD​

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I reckon we can jag a result here. We're more or less full strength and they're missing some key players and have lost a couple of key blokes in the off-season IMO.

I hope we can prove everyone has underestimated us and come out strong.

Whoosh

Juniors
Agreed Timmah. I think we have a sneaky chance here. Bring written off by all and sundry has never hurt our cause.

Barkley

Bench
Yup that's what I'm keen to see. I hope we have made significant changes to our attacking game although I am doubtful.

We have a lot of things in our favor to get a result here and we tend to play well against the Storm.
I think we will get home by 8. (Not sure what I predicted in the game day thread)

Timmah

Staff member
If you look only at the result sure.

Reynolds and Mbye were a lot more active with the ball and I felt Lichaa ran it from DH far more often. On a dry track I'm confident we can challenge the top teams.

___

Juniors
I sure hope so. But the way we played wasn't the least bit flattering. The first 10 was bad, the last 10 was bad. The only thing I was happy with was our defense after the first 2 Storm tries, however given we had the majority of the ball, that's says something else.

What hurt the most about this loss was that it was our first loss to Melbourne at our sacred kennel.

Timmah

Staff member
Don't be sad.

Two out of three ain't bad.