What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

grouch

First Grade
I knew he'd be a good buy, and he played very well.

But.. I see some obvious McGregor-isms already creeping in... the useless over-coached crab sideways upon picking up the ball for examply. He needs a different coach asap before we screw him completely

GC Dragon

Juniors
Just want to give some credit to this kid . He is a major reason why our forwards our doing far better this year . His passing from dummy half is first class . He can ball play at the line very well . He has a good short kicking game . Is a genuine 80 min player. And most of all makes very good decisions based on what is in front of him . Young Robson is a very good young hooker but he will be doing very very well to displace McInnes any time in the next few years . In fact McInnes could well be one of the best 9's in the game in the not to far distant future .

Pro Dragons

Juniors
McInnes is giving good service from dummy half which is why our forwards are getting a good roll on. With this better service we are seeing an improved forward pack running with more confidence. Packer is now showing why we signed him. Our biggest problem is consistency, if our forwards turn up every week to play tough we will definitely make the 8. McInnes also shows more creativity than Rein which will develop further if our forwards can keep making good yards every game.

GC Dragon

Juniors
This guy is a quiet achiever

Does all the little things right

Good service from dummy half

Can play 80 minutes

Good short kicking game

Has presence of mind to play what is in front of him

He is clearly an upgrade on Mitch Rein
You are spot on " Quiet Achiever" well said .

jak

Bench
I was a little disappointed as I saw signs he may be a niggler and have poor discipline.
In the space of 5 mins in the first half I saw him block a tackler from clearing the play the ball and then falling over in the search for a penalty then ....late in the tackle count give away a penalty by making a good tackle then trying to slow the play the ball by hanging on too long.
Hope he gets this out of his game as I think he can be a big improvement on Rein.
I'm 68 and I would be a big improvement on Rein.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Correct. He froze at times too.

You guys in here must accept low standards.

He constantly gives a silly penalty away in most matches too like he did today.

Cam made a very good dart but he seems pedestrian overall to me.

I'm glad you have him and we've got Farah and Cook.

I find his passes are slow, not in the class of Farah or Cook.

Oh by the way, we could give you Tyrrell lol.
Don't ever change Alien.

McInness is a good footballer. Played well again last night. If I was to be critical at all I would have liked to have seen a couple of dummy half runs towards the end of each half.

Why? Seemed like almost every time we got a quick play the ball, we had a forward ready to run a hard line on an angle back in behind the ruck.

Belta

Juniors
He continues to be a very tenacious hard working hooker, put a clever little kick through for our first try..yep its early days but so far our new recruits are really gelling and making noticeable contributions

Oki

Juniors
I liked Mitch Rein we he started for the Red V but he never took his game to the next level and I think he actually got worse over the past 2 seasons. A lot of forward passes and knock ons from dummy half, spreading the ball the wrong way and taking a step or 2 before passing. McInnes seems to be a much better dummy half so far heres hoping he can go to the next level as combinations gel