What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass Effect or Wildlands?

Zoidberg

First Grade
I need opinions on which of these games I should buy.
I know it's difficult seeing as neither of these games are even out yet, but any thoughts are appreciated.
I've not played either series (for no reason in particular) but I am looking to probably only get one of these.
I see them as similar sorts of gameplay and what I'm after right now, online co-op 3rd person shooters.
I did play the beta for wildlands and the more I played the more I liked it (minus quite a few glitches), but I know previous Mass Effect games have been received very well.

Parra Pride

Coach
Mass Effect's co-op wont be nearly as in depth as what Wildlands is looking like, so if that's a big selling point then Wildlands is your go.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
If you're a ps4 player, Horizon Zero Dawn.

Personally I'd steer clear of both of those games until reviews are out. The mass effect series is awesome, but the release press for this game has been underwhelming to say the least. It has all the signs of being a rushed product.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is a ubisoft game, so I'd wait simply because of that. They've release some hot garbage AAA games of late, especially when it comes to server reliability.

knaus

Juniors

any worries I had about the new mass effect due to the poor marketing have been put to rest after this gameplay trailer.

Wato

Juniors
Reviews will go out tonight for Horizon Zero Dawn but the early word is it is pretty damn good that's my most anticipated game and can't wait to get my hands on it next. Horizon and For Honor will be all I play to the uni break unless the story DLC for uncharted drops in may.

simmo1

First Grade
Can't say I know a lot about Wildlands however if Mass Effect is anything like the earlier games then you won't be disappointed. Awesome series.

Wato

Juniors
Does Horizon Zero Dawn have multiplayer co-op missions?

No it's a single player RPG getting amazing reviews thou 9.3 from IGN, 9.5 from Polygon, 5/5 from Giantbomb, 9.5 from Jim Sterling and a 9 from Gamespot. Has a meta critic average of 89 too.

Eelectrica

Referee
I ended pre-ordering MEA from GMG. It was $45US which translates near enough to $60Aus.
I figured why not.
Should get a few hours out of it. Still more excited for the Stellaris expansion and of course Tides of Numenera.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I just tried the Open Beta of Wildlands, deleted it after about an hour. Absolute garbage. Future Soldier controlled much better than that, movement is janky as hell and if you run down a mountain you basically float down it. It feels so unpolished for a game coming out in a few weeks.

The latest video out and early impressions of mass effect seem solid though. Gamespot weren't particularly enthusiastic about it though saying there are a ton of technical issues on the test build they used. Not a fan of auto cover, I think that would drive me insane. Seems like the RPG elements are pretty strong compared to ME3.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I've decided to definitely get Mass effect. I've been watching some videos on it and it looks great, however I'm not sure about the multiplayer for it. Does it have co-op missions?

Firey_Dragon

Coach
I've decided to definitely get Mass effect. I've been watching some videos on it and it looks great
Which videos? Man I so hope this game is good as I loved the originals, even 3. But the production quality I've seen looks like they've been left behind by a decade. There's videos I've seen where they've recycled animations from Mass Effect 2. In a time where we've had games like The Witcher, Horizon Zero Dawn and a new Zelda, this looks terribly dated. The dialog sounds even worse. I'll be waiting for reviews and a couple of weeks before pulling out the credit card for this one.

Giant Bomb is currently streaming it and they're tearing it to shreds.

061da65793.gif

qacqFqQ.gif

wKduUYz

tumblr_olycxgTChG1qzm8mpo1_540.gif

h6eiv64ed1ly.png

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just videos on YouTube, mainly IGN.
I've never played a previous Mass Effect so can't compare.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Just videos on YouTube, mainly IGN.
I've never played a previous Mass Effect so can't compare.
If you have a PS3 they were selling the trilogy for $5 the other day in North America, not sure how much it is in Australia. They're definitely worth picking up at that price.

I need opinions on which of these games I should buy.
I know it's difficult seeing as neither of these games are even out yet, but any thoughts are appreciated.
I've not played either series (for no reason in particular) but I am looking to probably only get one of these.
I see them as similar sorts of gameplay and what I'm after right now, online co-op 3rd person shooters.
I did play the beta for wildlands and the more I played the more I liked it (minus quite a few glitches), but I know previous Mass Effect games have been received very well.

NEITHER! PLAY HORIZON ZERO DAWN!

Pommy

Coach
Ive got wild lands its not the best game I've ever played but I feel its a pretty solid effort. Although it is very familiar feeling if you play many ubisoft games. Tried to get back in to the division recently and feel this is heaps better.

Ive got wild lands its not the best game I've ever played but I feel its a pretty solid effort. Although it is very familiar feeling if you play many ubisoft games. Tried to get back in to the division recently and feel this is heaps better.

Wildlands was too blocky and stiff for my taste

Pommy

Coach
Wildlands was too blocky and stiff for my taste

I don't have a whole heap of time on my hands at the moment and I'm finding it's great to play 20-30 mins of when I get a chance.
What do you mean blocky? I've got it on a PS4 pro and 4k tv and it looks great.

Latest posts