What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would a Tim Simona swap for Copley be a good move?

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Nothing confirmed as yet and as much as I rate Simona as a talent I'm stumped to think this is a good move with someone like Manu waiting for a crack.

Thoughts appreciated!

Tommy Smith

Referee
I know it's been almost a week but anyway...

Simona is a much better attacking centre. Can't comment on his defence though.

Also with Fergo and Mitchell slated to be our centre pairing I'm not sure where Simona would fit. Surely he wouldn't want to come here to play reserves.

I think the club are just desperate to get rid of Copley who from one report I heard is on 400k this year. Which surely, SURELY can't be true.

Copley just sums up 2016's recruitment doesn't he.

He just might be the worst regular first grade player in the NRL.

He is a solid footballer at best and I agree is no superstar, but the worst? Sorry I think quite a few players at the Dragons would have greater claims to that, or a certain ex-Dragons now Broncos player.

adamkungl

Immortal
He is a solid footballer at best and I agree is no superstar, but the worst? Sorry I think quite a few players at the Dragons would have greater claims to that, or a certain ex-Dragons now Broncos player.

The bloke gets concussed every time he tries to make a tackle!

(ok i'm probably exaggerating on actual worst but he's a grade A plodder)

Lambretta

First Grade
How did we end up with Copley again?
I thought we took him for next to nothing to replace that plodder Burgess who went back to England via Souffs

How did we end up coughing up $400k a season for such a player?

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
How did we end up with Copley again?
I thought we took him for next to nothing to replace that plodder Burgess who went back to England via Souffs

How did we end up coughing up $400k a season for such a player?

Was for Jennings for a slight downgrade in pay.

In fact the Broncos were so desperate to get him off their books they threw in a 100k for Copeley's first season with us.

They now got Mead with that 100k lol...

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Must be the same 3rd party deal offered to James Roberts, Anthony Milford and in the past Darren Lockyer, Corey Parker, etc lol.

MKCS

Juniors
Don't rate Copley at all. When does his contract expire? That 400,000 could go towards re-signing our best players or even signing a good bench player or two.

Lambretta

First Grade
Actually, we should swap Simona for Copley
Simona get's banned for life - salary no longer in cap
No longer paying Copley $400,000 - the Tigers would be

Roosters can sign someone decent

Everyone's a winner baby

Actually, we should swap Simona for Copley
Simona get's banned for life - salary no longer in cap
No longer paying Copley $400,000 - the Tigers would be

Roosters can sign someone decent

Everyone's a winner baby

I'm no Copley fan, but who would be available at such short notice, and for 400k?! I would not want that swap as then people would be speculating who else at the club was involved with Simona. That is one headache I think our club could do without. We've had enough dramas the past 12 months thanks.

Lambretta

First Grade
I'm no Copley fan, but who would be available at such short notice, and for 400k?! I would not want that swap as then people would be speculating who else at the club was involved with Simona. That is one headache I think our club could do without. We've had enough dramas the past 12 months thanks.

Me. I'm injured like, but the $400k would be bloody handy. Plus I'd retire at the end of the season so we can spend $400k on someone who can actually run