What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2017 - Round 1
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Friday 3 March 2017

[Times AEDT] Gates 5:45pm | NYC 5:50pm | NRL 8:05pm

SOU-17teamlist.jpg

1. Greg Inglis 2. Alex Johnston 3. Hymel Hunt 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Cody Walker 7. Luke Kelly 8. Zane Musgrove 9. Robbie Farah 10. David Tyrrell 11. John Sutton 12. Kyle Turner 13. Sam Burgess
Interchange: 14. Damien Cook 15. Jason Clark 16. Thomas Burgess 17. Robbie Rochow 18. Angus Crichton 19. Braidon Burns 20. George Burgess 21. Anthony Cherrington

WST-17teamlist.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Kevin Naiqama 4. Jamal Idris 5. Jordan Rankin 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Matt McIlwrick 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Sauaso Sue 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Tim Grant 15. Josh Aloiai 16. Michael Chee-Kam 17. Joel Edwards 18. Jack Littlejohn 19. Justin Hunt 20. Jj Felise 21. Moses Suli

REF-BLUE-2017.jpg

Referees: Ashley Klein, Chris James
Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Rohan Best
Video Referees: Ben Galea, Bernard Sutton

U20s Round 1
Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium, Fri 5:50pm

ISP NSW Round 1
Wyong Roos (Roosters) v Wests Tigers (Wests Tigers) at Morry Breen Oval, Sat 3:00pm
Wentworthville Magpies (Eels) v North Sydney Bears (Rabbitohs) @ Ringrose Park, Sat 3:00pm​

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Souths will miss Reynolds
We have a pretty set side last 2 years so i think we will squeak this one in..
Moses or Teddy to seal the deal just before fulltime.

Clifferd

Coach
So mail is Ballin had to sit out some parts of today's training session. Not 100% fit. Mcillwrick will start at hooker most likely

Suli has been training on the left wing which is very good news. He'll replace Rankin quietly confident

Moses/Brooks look good to go

Most likely team v Souffs

1. Tedesco
2. Nofalouma
3. Idris
4. Naiquama
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods (c)
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seumanifangu/Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. Taylor

14. Grant/Seumanifangu
15. Felise
16. Aloiai
17. Chee Kam

Last edited:

Trollhammaren

Juniors
So mail is Ballin had to sit out some parts of today's training session. Not 100% fit. Mcillwrick will start at hooker most likely

Suli has been training on the left wing which is very good news. He'll replace Rankin quietly confident

1. Tedesco
2. Nofalouma
3. Idris
4. Naiquama
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods (c)
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seumanifangu/Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. Taylor

14. Grant/Seumanifangu
15. Felise
16. Aloiai
17. Chee Kam

That's a pretty solid team and I'm confident of a win if that's who's named.

But Nof has been training at centre the last few weeks I've heard, perhaps mistakenly?

Clifferd

Coach
That's a pretty solid team and I'm confident of a win if that's who's named.

But Nof has been training at centre the last few weeks I've heard, perhaps mistakenly?

Never heard that could only assume its in place of Idris? Which wouldn't really make sense as Nof is an out and out winger and we have a perfect abled body in Chee Kam to cover.

Clifferd

Coach
Or that could be it, yeah

His defense can't be any worse than Kevs in the centres surely, and the only place Kev should ever defend ison the wing

Clifferd

Coach
Also just hit me that Suli could be making his debut after only playing 2 NYC games, wow

Hopefully kicks on and becomes our next Tuaki

Vic Mackey

Referee

1. Tedesco
2. Nofalouma
3. Idris
4. Naiquama
5. Suli
6. Moses
7. Brooks
8. Woods (c)
9. Mcillwrick
10. Seumanifangu/Grant
11. Lawrence
12. Sue
13. Taylor

14. Grant/Seumanifangu
15. Felise
16. Aloiai
17. Chee Kam

i think thats what we'll run with too, only change i see might be littlejohn on the bench as i dont know if mcillwrick can play 80. i suppose the other option is to shift ET there for 15-20mins but i hope that doesnt happen.

it will be won and lost in the forwards, our 1-7 has a lot more points in then souths. if our forwards do the job our backs will take care of the rest.

Clifferd

Coach
i think thats what we'll run with too, only change i see might be littlejohn on the bench as i dont know if mcillwrick can play 80. i suppose the other option is to shift ET there for 15-20mins but i hope that doesnt happen.

it will be won and lost in the forwards, our 1-7 has a lot more points in then souths. if our forwards do the job our backs will take care of the rest.

I dunno if you'd wanna waste a bench spot though, Littlejohn to me is either in the starting team or isn't. If Taylor (and I agree, I hope he doesn't) goes to dummy half for a 20 minute spell for Matt then couldn't Chee Kam play around the middle?

This is why Chee Kam has great utility value imo

Best case scenario is Matt can play the 80 at hooker of course

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd be happy with that team. Kev on the wing though is basically a no go based on past performances. He gets caught out under the high ball.

I really want to see Suli over Rankin. I love a back 3 of Teddy, Nofo and Suli.

I think that bench is great but do we need a hooker on the bench. I'd drop Chee Kam if we need a replacement hooker but I don't want to as I reckon we need someone to cover centres and backrow and he fits that role well. I just can't see many dummy halves being effective over the whole 80 minutes.

It's gotta be tough making some of these decisions. I don't want to see any dumb decisions ala Rankin on the wing.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Also just hit me that Suli could be making his debut after only playing 2 NYC games, wow

Hopefully kicks on and becomes our next Tuaki
I think Alex Johnston and Dylan Walker did a similar thing with us, some of these kids are just freaks. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think Alex Johnston and Dylan Walker did a similar thing with us, some of these kids are just freaks. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

yeah Benji did something similar, infact i think he went straight from school boys to first grade, being in qld he wasnt in any of the ball/matts system.

the thing that gives me confidence with suli is his size. sure he is 18 and very green but at 189cm and 104kgs he is already one of the bigger first grade backs