What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

chahrour123

Juniors
Just was scrolling through this forum and realised there is no thread that has round by round TV Ratings for all games. We have crowd attendances thread's but nothing for TV Ratings. We need to focus on NRL TV Ratings and how they compare to previous seasons. Last night there was 506,000 viewers for the NRL season opener for 2017 on channel 9. Fox Sports will be soon released. Can someone tell us how the channel 9 ratings compared to previous seasons openers?.

Last edited:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
On a 1 to 10 for tv ratings, I give the new Samsung an 8. Extra points given because it doesn't catch on fire

GAZF

First Grade
Thank f**k the offseason is over. Finally a new thread that isn't cave-worthy on face value.

Diesel

Coach
500k on 9 for a season opener with one QLD team and one NSW team shows how much Fox has canilablised their viewers

Panfas

Juniors
FTA Metro = 545,000
FTA Regional = 349,000
Fox League = 231,000
Total = 1,125,000

moffla

Bench
Would be good if we could get round by round comparison's to last year and the end of each weekend. Am interested to see how the new scheduling stacks up

T-Boon

Coach
Rothfield is an absolute disgrace.

He is completely ignoring Regional numbers in his rant against Channel 9.

For some reason regionals always get left out. So it is the correct comparison. He is basically saying its big time down on last year for metro opener.

Panfas

Juniors
2016 opening match was Eels vs Broncos
FTA Metro - 674,000
FTA Regional - 205,000
Fox Sports - 210,000
Total - 1,089,000

Warriors Fever

Juniors
Are we happy with that fox number? Seems low as well.
It really isn't that low, it's higher than last years and 231k on subscription tv is pretty good in its own right. Considering A-League derbies get just over/under 100k. I saw an article in the herald with Super rugby beating their chests to 110K for the Tahs opening game.

cleary89

Coach
Rothfield is an absolute disgrace.

He is completely ignoring Regional numbers in his rant against Channel 9.

I haven't seen his rant, but doesn't this just indicate sharks are less popular than eels? Sharks should get less 9 games then?

Perth Red

Post Whore
It really isn't that low, it's higher than last years and 231k on subscription tv is pretty good in its own right. Considering A-League derbies get just over/under 100k. I saw an article in the herald with Super rugby beating their chests to 110K for the Tahs opening game.

Really, were comparing ourselves to soccer and union? Basketball and netball comparisons next? Force opening game drew a crowd of 7,000 and a tv audience of just 38K. Union is slipping into oblivion, hurrah!

No doubt the 16/17 difference is in Sydney viewing and eels being more popular than sharks. No idea why they focus on metro and leave out regional but they always do. Fox slight increase is good given they aren't offering anymore than last year and are charging more. The Leaguechannel is a bit of a dud and of little value add to most and certainly not a subscription driver Id say.

Diesel

Coach
I'm not overly surprised it's slightly down on last year. Sharks v Broncos isn't something I was interested in watching, both teams trial form in England was poor and while I don't watch 9 outside of the footy or much FTA TV, I haven't seen much advertising of the game

Latest posts