What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 1 vs Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 1: Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BuffaloRules

Coach
Telegraph was reporting Nofo going to Eels this morning...

My thoughts are that Tigers will pay $250K of his contract and Eels $70K..

Tigers have celery cap issues you see...

He sure put in tonight though in his last game for the club..

Tiger Ted

Bench
Great to get a win 1st up as we normally do especially as I was sitting in a box amongst dreary Souths fans.

We certainly have some guns in attack particularly the phenomenal no.1 & nofo.

Concern is those late tries we conceded & the std one b4 half time.

We will b tested thoroughly over the next 3 weeks.Thats when we will know whether our defence is going to improve enough for us to challenge for a spot in the 8.

Idris needs to get a lot fitter & Suli could b anything.I don't think rapana & leulia will have it so easy down our left side in 2 weeks time as they did in '16.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I think Nofo is pretty close to more important to us than Woods. He is a weapon.

Our right side defence is a mess and it's not Naiqama's fault. Chee-Kam played there and we have the same problems. It's just too many poor defenders there. Moses and Nofo who are two of our key players are defensively poor.

We have a really good team though.

Idris was terrible. Suli wasn't great but he has ability and he is better than Rankin now.

It was a good win and it's good to see the footy back.
Agree
But there is something wrong with our right side again in 2017...It has to be fixed
Every time Goodwin got the ball he scored without anyone trying to stop him.His last 2 tries were soooo soft...

Suli has 2 dropped balls but hes youing and maybe was a bit nervous,plus it was wet.

Agree, Idris was very ordinary and you could see he wasnt happy in his face expressions.
Needs to run harder to make an impact.....Expected more presence from him.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
A good start to the year , but some same old frustrating issues .. conceding a try before halftime and leaking valuable for and against points at the end of the game ... And not our fault but getting f**ked over by the ref again multiple times .
5 mins before halftime I was thinking we were looking good to not concede any points, and then we let in the softest, most embarrassing under 7s try to a guy who could hardly walk.

rabbitohs95

Bench
A promising win for you guys. I think it's a nice little springboard for you to get your season underway.

Forwards looked committed and focused and controlled the ruck beautifully.

I haven't had a chance to observe it tonight but it felt like Tedesco was your main maestro and Moses and Brooks chimed in when required. I've never really seen anything like it until now but whatever works I guess.

Only concern I'd have is if they can keep this up. The offloading game was great and entertaining; typical of the club.

Goodluck for the rest of the season (except when we meet again, hopefully we can have some f*cking luck with injuries and a decent dig this time).

Clifferd

Coach
The scary thing is how we threw the ball around in the wet and most of the time it stuck. Imagine that on a dry track

The first game under our belt and there was a lot to like,Ted was excellent so too Nofo if we even contemplate releasing him then we have rocks in our head.All the other boys were solid,although Jamal looked sluggish at times.Our defence is better but we still let in soft tries through poor reads by not numbering up.

Vic Mackey

Referee
To me we look like a confident, self assured side. It looks like they expect to win games.

Nofa was the best on field, without his dirty work out of our own end the 1/6/7 don't get to do their thing.

Brooks best game in a long time, he looks the fittest I've seen him. Sue was great on the edge and Lawrence was fantastic.

Mcillwrick and JLJ did their jobs, especially in defence but I'll welcome ballin and piddle back.

I don't think this team will get pushed around anymore. Our forwards look up for it and our prop rotation is amongst the best in the Comp.

Looking forward to a real test next week cause lets be serious, Souths we're garbage and they won't be challenging for the 8.

Clifferd

Coach
Robbie Rabbitoh Farah is going to run riot tonyt i cant wait to see taylors face end up in his lap once rabbitoh robbie scores his 1st try against the Tigpies, just the admission alone will be priceless....Everyone is a closet rabbitoh...Oh and lastly by the way you were supposed to march against your merger maybe thats why Alien jumped ship to join the pride of the league (souths) whom has won the most premierships in australian rugby league history with (21) premierships unchallenged and unsurpassed and unequaled from- (1908-2017)...Glory glory to south sydney south sydney marches on to their 22nd premiership...Shadow....SSTID...

Hey man...was unable to catch the game was just wondering if you knew the score? And who won?

macnaz

Staff member
Telegraph was reporting Nofo going to Eels this morning...

My thoughts are that Tigers will pay $250K of his contract and Eels $70K..

Tigers have celery cap issues you see...

He sure put in tonight though in his last game for the club..
Any link ? I cant find anything
If it happens to be true then im seriously done with this club .

BuffaloRules

Coach
Any link ? I cant find anything
If it happens to be true then im seriously done with this club .

It was in the Sport Confidential column in yesterday's Tele...

The full article...

"Could David Nofoalumu become an Eel?Parramatta have identified the Tigers flyer as a perfect replacement for Semi Radradra.With the Tigers over the salary cap and Radradra still to front court again. Nofoaluma's move could be fast tracked."

Clifferd

Coach
It was in the Sport Confidential column in yesterday's Tele...

The full article...

"Could David Nofoalumu become an Eel?Parramatta have identified the Tigers flyer as a perfect replacement for Semi Radradra.With the Tigers over the salary cap and Radradra still to front court again. Nofoaluma's move could be fast tracked."

Yeah seems like bs to me I can just feel it. Normally any little rumour would eventuate from the Wests Tigers official forum and there's been no peep about it at all

Shredder

Juniors
I was happy with that for Round 1.
They will get better as the cobwebs get knocked out.

Scrambling D was great
The attack looked crisp
Suli debuted well.
No major injuries.

Still leaking that try before half time though.....

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Maybe I'm getting pessimistic in my old age but I still see all the problems from last year. Right side defence is still abysmal & decent teams will have a field day down there. It's the same as last year, we'll look like world beaters against teams that are down but against a decent team when we have to defend on our line for multiple sets we don't have the grit to tough it out. We might just scrape into the eight, but we're not a threat. I hope I'm wrong but watching last night felt exactly the same as last year.

Latest posts