What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Madge

Vote for next coach after Madge - possibles.

• Tooves

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Cartwright

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Furner

• Dean Pay

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Another Assistant coach from top tier club

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Taylor (Rip)- New South Wales cup best coach

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Madge with a fair pay cut.

• Gardiner (bears)- going ok with so so side

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Bradford ( super league)- uber coach

• None of the above, I will nominate my own schmukles.

• Total voters

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Serious question for everyone here.

If Inglis had come off immediately instead of playing til the 60th min, would that decision have changed your personal view of Madge, as a current coach?

He made some tough calls before the game. Kelly in, George out, Not giving Burns a run.

But for me personally watching inglis out there struggling for that long seemed selfish. Yes, he's the capt, yes he scored the try, but we'll never know if his injury was worsened by that choice.

I guess what I'm trying to convey here is it seems a lot of people are already open to seeing Madge move on ( I'm thinking along these lines more now ) recent history builds upon it too.
That a MASSIVE turn of opinion after 1 terrible game.

So who's an alternative?

Pommy

Coach
Serious question for everyone here.

If Inglis had come off immediately instead of playing til the 60th min, would that decision have changed your personal view of Madge, as a current coach?

He made some tough calls before the game. Kelly in, George out, Not giving Burns a run.

But for me personally watching inglis out there struggling for that long seemed selfish. Yes, he's the capt, yes he scored the try, but we'll never know if his injury was worsened by that choice.

I guess what I'm trying to convey here is it seems a lot of people are already open to seeing Madge move on ( I'm thinking along these lines more now ) recent history builds upon it too.
That a MASSIVE turn of opinion after 1 terrible game.

So who's an alternative?

Madge can only work with the information he's given if GI says he's happy to continue and the medical staff say they think he's good what's Madge supposed to do?

themacemaceman

Juniors
The only reason he should be moved on is if he had lost the dressing room but I don't believe that has occurred.

We don't want to become a basket case club sacking coaches and paying them out.
The Tigers were paying 3 coaches at one stage. Their current and the previous 2.
In madge we trust!

No one wanted to move him on after Burgess played 80 minutes in the GF with a busted head.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Big difference between a grand final facial injury and a round 1 busted knee.
At least once Inglis called to be taken off and remained on. That in itself is an issue. if madge had his best interest at heart he'd have made the call

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Madge can only work with the information he's given if GI says he's happy to continue and the medical staff say they think he's good what's Madge supposed to do?
Do you honestly think GI at any stage, looked happy to continue after the initial injury?

Pommy

Coach
Do you honestly think GI at any stage, looked happy to continue after the initial injury?

Looking happy and wanting to come off are two seperate things. Sam didn't look extatic when he had his face smashed it. Do you honestly think GI told the trainer he wanted off and they kept him out?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
it was despicable choice or act to leave inglis out there anyone with half a brain and no footy knowledge could see inglis was a busted a$$ for gods sake inglis was in a very high degree of pain and should had been taken off immediately.....sammy was still ok to play on but inglis was on one leg therefore if sammy had the same condition as inglis sammy would not had lasted the next 79 mins i can assure you for gods sake...from this morning since i woke up i have elevated from a bad morning migraine and have now ended up with a high temperature flu i just woke up to rattle the keyboards......Shadow...

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Do you really think that a player of GI's stature in the club and game would be too scared to say to the coach he's no good and come off ?
If he wanted to come off I think he would of.
Looking happy and wanting to come off are two seperate things. Sam didn't look extatic when he had his face smashed it. Do you honestly think GI told the trainer he wanted off and they kept him out?
The thing is he did. He clearly waved to the bench as a sign to get him off. Yet he remained on the field for quite sometime after.

So no I don't think he would be too scared because he DID indicate it. Yes I do believe he told the trainers he wanted off and was kept on.

He went to half time and then came out in the 2nd half strapped to the hilt. Am I supposed to believe that after knowing he's knee is already shot to pieces that a bit of strapping will help him see the night through? Bearing in mind, Hunt was already gone for the night Madge wouldn't have wanted a full half chasing a slick tigers wih an interchange down by 2 men.

Simply put, he should have come off immediately after the initial injury.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
To me, at no stage did Inglis look like he wanted to be out there. Plus at no stage after the injury did Inglis look anything more than a passenger.
That's how it looked to me. At times he was barely able to walk. Now if your that injured you know you're hindering rather than helping your team

Pommy

Coach
The thing is he did. He clearly waved to the bench as a sign to get him off. Yet he remained on the field for quite sometime after.

So no I don't think he would be too scared because he DID indicate it. Yes I do believe he told the trainers he wanted off and was kept on.

He went to half time and then came out in the 2nd half strapped to the hilt. Am I supposed to believe that after knowing he's knee is already shot to pieces that a bit of strapping will help him see the night through? Bearing in mind, Hunt was already gone for the night Madge wouldn't have wanted a full half chasing a slick tigers wih an interchange down by 2 men.

Simply put, he should have come off immediately after the initial injury.

All conjecture.

Pommy

Coach
Id agree with you but then we'd both be wrong

Well if the coach thinks so little of the captains opinion as to ignore his pleas to be withdrawn, GI should resign his position out of principal for the good of the team.

alien

Referee

We could all see that he couldn't really run though. If I recall correctly, it wasn't until around the 60th minute until he went off. That really pissed me off. It was like 13 v 12 out there!

Pommy

Coach
We could all see that he couldn't really run though. If I recall correctly, it wasn't until around the 60th minute until he went off. That really pissed me off. It was like 13 v 12 out there!

My point is if the captain says he can go on and the medical staff say it's ok then it's not all on Madge.
He seemed to free up and then slow down again. I was as shocked as anyone to see him coming out for the second half.
I'm just not going to crucify Madge without knowing the facts about what GI and medical staff were saying to him.

Travitoh

First Grade
The moment GI moved on to a wing he was done. If he was alright he would've stayed at FB or switched to 5/8 with Cody going FB.
I know Cook is first and foremost a hooker but he had to come on to that right wing in place of GI, it was very poor coaching leaving him until the game was dead and buried.
The biggest concern i have of him as a coach is how poor we are in the backs compared to some other clubs. The game is no longer about who has the biggest forward pack but Madge can't seem to get past that. I called it after the 9s and I'll say it again, our backline is weak and not of top 8 standard.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
The moment GI moved on to a wing he was done. If he was alright he would've stayed at FB or switched to 5/8 with Cody going FB.
I know Cook is first and foremost a hooker but he had to come on to that right wing in place of GI, it was very poor coaching leaving him until the game was dead and buried.
The biggest concern i have of him as a coach is how poor we are in the backs compared to some other clubs. The game is no longer about who has the biggest forward pack but Madge can't seem to get past that. I called it after the 9s and I'll say it again, our backline is weak and not of top 8 standard.

so are the forwards but if we use r20 and my team in rd2 we will go a lot better.....Shadow.....

Latest posts