What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers

Clifferd

Coach
Dam they got absolutely pumped by the lowly Dragons.

I don't think they can play that badly again against us, but if I was JT I'd be instructing Moses/Brooks to send spiralling bombs to Moylan all game he looks very suss.

Target TMM/Cartwright in defense (leaked several tries)

Basically show the same energy Vs Souffs without the errors and we should pip them

I think they'll be fired up next week though. Beware

mepelthwack

Juniors
How can we get our guys (every week) to not concede a try within 5 of half time? It's something that has dogged this club throughout its entire history.

Onto Panthers well also in the past we have been renowned for helping out of form teams get back into form. Would be nice to see this trend reversed, you know, kick them while they are down for once.

Clifferd

Coach
How can we get our guys (every week) to not concede a try within 5 of half time? It's something that has dogged this club throughout its entire history.

Onto Panthers well also in the past we have been renowned for helping out of form teams get back into form. Would be nice to see this trend reversed, you know, kick them while they are down for once.

It's happened 3/3 times so far this year without fail, trials included

In the Dragons trial we were 10-0 up with about 5 minutes before half time. Half time rolls up 10-10

Cowboys game we let in a try before half time also.

And as you saw against Souffs, once again a try before halftime and 2 quickly before fulltime

It's one thing our club can never seem to get a grip on

Vozzy

Juniors
I would rather have played Penrith if the score line for them was the other way around. They are going to be fired up and angry.

I'm not reading too much into our game because we have beaten souths the same way last 4 years. Last year we won our first 2 games playing well and lost 6 straight.

In saying that it's good to have 3 straight tough games

super_coach

First Grade
Early season games you can not read anything into form from week to week. I would have preferred Penrith to have won by 30 but most games for the first month are a toss of the coin

Tiger05

First Grade
I think that this could be a really tough game. They have a good team and that got spanked.

Tiger Ted

Bench

We could say we've improved in that we also didn't leak the customary try 5 mins after halftime !!!

Undoubtedly next Sunday will b a massive test as Penrith will b desperate to make amends.Bring it on !

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Penrith will be low on confidence,but they do have a classy side.
Run Teddy at Cartwright all game..
The guy for his size is a speed hump...Cannot tackle to save himself.
Thats why he will never play Origin...Too much of a liability....

Anything is possible with Loz as the NSW coach.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Them getting flogged like that was a terrible result...

They will be fired up next week and even harder to beat...

Souffs were woeful on Friday night...

simmo1

First Grade
I think they're a little overrated - certainly not deserving of equal premiership favouritism.

They hit form at the right time last season, but were ordinary for a large part of the year. Pretty similar side to us, some talented young halves and a solid pack, but also prone to some terrible defensive lapses.

Clifferd

Coach
Them getting flogged like that was a terrible result...

They will be fired up next week and even harder to beat...

Souffs were woeful on Friday night...

Too right, when we were up 34-8 against Souffs we should have put them to the sword and put 50 on them. But our usual soft selves were already thinking about there post game shower and clocked off

Exactly what I was going to say. Worked a treat against us last year at ANZ. Anyway, I think this week's loss won't fire us up tbh I think we'll be down on confidence. Not expecting too much here and thinking we might start the year with 3 straight losses... only upside to that is that the cows did the same in 2015

super_coach

First Grade
They will get flogged this week by Griffin and come out breathing fire next week, but I think we are probably still a good chance of beating them at home.
I have this gut feeling we are going to get a major boost this week with the announcement of a major resigning of a local boy (thursday) ..no inside info but have been reading between the lines

Clifferd

Coach
If it was the announcement of a Tedesco re-signing, Our fans will pack out Campbelltown in an instant

Tiger Ted

Bench
They will get flogged this week by Griffin and come out breathing fire next week, but I think we are probably still a good chance of beating them at home.
I have this gut feeling we are going to get a major boost this week with the announcement of a major resigning of a local boy (thursday) ..no inside info but have been reading between the lines
Ur certainly on the money with ur intuition re teddy resigning.

Next we need to resign Moses although it's going to b near impossible to resign him on realistic money due to the outrageous benchmark the imbeciles @ st George have set for halves where they've signed an avg half in hunt for 3 times what his worth !

Btw i have no doubt Woods will remain with us.