What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment so far..........

Slippery Morris

First Grade
.......So good.

There were 3 new boys on Saturday and all had great games. Although Panthers were poor Vaughn, McInness and McDonald really played well. Great fit and were the type of players we needed. Got to give it to recruitment. Has been pretty lame in recent seasons but this year looks like they have it spot on. And with a few players (dead wood) coming off contract, hopefully they can have the same success for next years squad. Saints have a really good pack at the moment and awesome depth in the backs. The new buys could be the reason for the change in tactics and removal of this bull$hit structure that we have been bored with for a couple of years.

People here are calling out for Mann and I am sure he will get a run and is next in line. I am not sure how Lafai got picked ahead of him but he did ok on Saturday. Goes to show Saints have some pretty good depth though. Parra will provide a good test.

Both halves are playing for contracts so they really need to perform and did ok in rd 1. Lets see if that continues.

Gareth67

First Grade
Hopefully young Josh Kerr will have the opportunity to show his wares also . Big , strong lad , apparently went alright in the Cutters side on Saturday .
It is indeed nice to know , that the players that could come into the top grade have those qualities , rather than the smaller size forwards that have become a fixture in recent years .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Hopefully young Josh Kerr will have the opportunity to show his wares also . Big , strong lad , apparently went alright in the Cutters side on Saturday .
It is indeed nice to know , that the players that could come into the top grade have those qualities , rather than the smaller size forwards that have become a fixture in recent years .

Gareth
He in the starting line up for illawarra on sunday .
It will be interesting watching him and mose running around.
Also havilli back playing hooker .
Playing wentworthville sould be a good game.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
He in the starting line up for illawarra on sunday .
It will be interesting watching him and mose running around.
Also havilli back playing hooker .
Playing wentworthville sould be a good game.
Sammy , that is a great front row , more so with Havlli as hooker . Young Kerr at the very least will be able to pick-up a few tips on how to play prop from the man mountain.

And as you mentioned , Wentworthville are a top team , were for many years Premiers in the 2nd Division , going back sometime ago . I saw that you thought Mose will need a number of games before being match fit once again .

I believe that most of us thought that would be the case . Just as long as he can back to his former solid body , and he can regain his confidence , he will be able to help the Dragons out when needed .

denis preston

First Grade
The video on that was unsettling.

"I think Mary's a great coach" - Laurie Daley

Daley is a myth. If Mary was so direct , knowledgeable , hard but fair then what explains our record under him , his team selections and use of the interchange . I don't care if we make the 8 he still has to go for I believe if we do it will be because his game plan ( or lack ) has gone out the window and " playing what is in front of them ' which is code for very minimal tactics that promotes more ad lib football.

Crush

Coach
Daley is a myth. If Mary was so direct , knowledgeable , hard but fair then what explains our record under him , his team selections and use of the interchange . I don't care if we make the 8 he still has to go for I believe if we do it will be because his game plan ( or lack ) has gone out the window and " playing what is in front of them ' which is code for very minimal tactics that promotes more ad lib football.
That's unfair IMO. If you are to blame the coach when the team is playing poorly then you must praise the coach when the team is playing well.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sammy , that is a great front row , more so with Havlli as hooker . Young Kerr at the very least will be able to pick-up a few tips on how to play prop from the man mountain.

And as you mentioned , Wentworthville are a top team , were for many years Premiers in the 2nd Division , going back sometime ago . I saw that you thought Mose will need a number of games before being match fit once again .

I believe that most of us thought that would be the case . Just as long as he can back to his former solid body , and he can regain his confidence , he will be able to help the Dragons out when needed .

Gareth
He played 26mins last week was blowing a lot.
Will need more work.
Illawarra have a massive pack with
Sele 104kg, hind 108, Moses 130, Leilua 112kg, kerr 115 kg and Havilii 104kg. Interesting to see how they go.

Ray McKigney

Juniors
You guys have recruited well but you just need one more to complete your squad.
A bench utility.
Someone like Ray Thompson

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Easy to sit behind a keyboard and say a player isn't upto it.

Any guy who would put himself through a game like league has alot of guts imo.
LOL some people are so touchy, Marketo isn't in our top squad of 17 he is a quality reserve grader, I NEVER said he had no guts, thats the truth he aint a quality player, thats just life....

Latest posts