What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 : Vs Manly Lotto Land @ 5.30pm Saturday 11th March

Rabbits20

Immortal
I thought Musgrove was fine, without being a star.

Clark was fine in defense, but didn't make a lot of metres with his runs. I'd prefer Tom Burgess to start.

Musgrove: 12 hit ups for 84 metres, 20 tackles, no missed tackles (47 mins)
Clark: 9 hit ups for 58 metres, 12 tackles, no missed tackles (31 mins)

https://matchcentre.nrl.com/match/2017/111/20171110250/#player-stats
They have changed it alien.

Now says Musgrove 13 for 100m.

Now says Sam made 171m and not 160m.

Pommy

Coach
I caught a train from Leumeah to Wynyard, and then caught a bus from Wynyard to Brooky. It took around 2 hours once I got on the train at Leumeah.

That's what put me off. That bus takes forever. Plus getting back was bad enough last time I went on a Friday night never mind a sunny Saturday afternoon.
I'm going to drive up the coast next weekend, do you know if there's plenty of parking at the stadium?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Clark deserves starting prop next week. You don't put impact players on to start the game. Both the Burgess twins were at their best coming off the bench. If we have a bench of cook, g Burgess, Rochow and Crichton. It already looks a lot better than what it was last year. T Burgess should be able to force his way into the 17 but right now there's not a single player who deserves to be dropped for him. You could say Rochow but I think he is a solid workhorse.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Clark deserves starting prop next week. You don't put impact players on to start the game. Both the Burgess twins were at their best coming off the bench. If we have a bench of cook, g Burgess, Rochow and Crichton. It already looks a lot better than what it was last year. T Burgess should be able to force his way into the 17 but right now there's not a single player who deserves to be dropped for him. You could say Rochow but I think he is a solid workhorse.
It's all about using our players effectively. George was good, but what's overlooked is he only played 29 minutes. He was saved from having to work during the first 15 Minutes when teams are fresh and fired up. Musgrove and Clark absolved that early punishment. He came on around the 25 minute, all he had to focus on was 15 minutes of running hard against tired players. He initially had Clark, and Turner was moved to the middle to help in defence. If he went back to starting he loses that impact. Then all he had to do after half time was run hard for a dozen or so minutes.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
It's all about using our players effectively. George was good, but what's overlooked is he only played 29 minutes. He was saved from having to work during the first 15 Minutes when teams are fresh and fired up. Musgrove and Clark absolved that early punishment. He came on around the 25 minute, all he had to focus on was 15 minutes of running hard against tired players. He initially had Clark, and Turner was moved to the middle to help in defence. If he went back to starting he loses that impact. Then all he had to do after half time was run hard for a dozen or so minutes.

All of that as well as Clark actually having some pretty good ball playing skills. That kick for turner was on point if Blake green didn't get in the way he would of scored. Madge actually put George on that perfect time as well which is positive signs for him as a coach

Rsag85

Bench
I thought at about the 20min mark Farah started getting out of dummy half a bit and was trying to change the momentum. It was hard for Farah in the first 20 as we were on the back foot.

Didn't really do much in the first half for my liking. The 2nd half he looked better

DiegoNT

First Grade
Anyone notice all our tries came with Farah on the field?. Cooks improved alot with his running, he's finally learning to just take the tackle, but when we get to within 20m off the try line he loses control and effectiveness

JetRider

Juniors
For mine we still have a lot of work to do defensively. The team balance is much improved and we need to have a lot more energy at the start, Musgrove lacked energy in the first half and needs to play the way he played in the second half. Rochow I am unconvinced about him and maybe he is the work horse.

Chrichton needs to be kept in the team as he will add the punch we need, the twins need to also be in the team because we need the size, especially against teams like the Raiders.

Youth and speed in the backline will hold us in good stead for the future.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Anyone notice all our tries came with Farah on the field?. Cooks improved alot with his running, he's finally learning to just take the tackle, but when we get to within 20m off the try line he loses control and effectiveness
That was what I was alluding too in my earlier post. You may not have seen it because it's buried under 4 pages of lunacy

Latest posts