What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wests Tigers Intrust team

Tiger Woody

Juniors
What a poor side.
Copped another flogging today 52-12 ,to go with the mauling from round 1....
Will be lucky to win a game based on those 2 performances...
We have better players in the under 20's

Clifferd

Coach
The real concern is we pretty much only have 3 players in that team that could potentially make the 1st grade team

The rest are either plodders, inexperienced or just not up to it.

Our depth is shithouse

Final 17 today
1. Watson Heleta
2. Christian Yassmin
3. Nathan Milone (capt.)
4. Toni Tali
5. Jayden Wheelhouse
6. Justin Hunt
7. Jordan Rankin
15. Junior Tatola
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
12. Jackson Williams
11. Bayley Sironen
18. Taniela Paseka
13. Darcy Cox

Interchange:
14. Matt Ballin
16. Esan Marsters
17. Pio Sokobalava
21. Ashley Nisbet

Original 17:
1 Watson Heleta
2 Christian Yassmin
3 Leighton Tali
4 Nathan Milone
5 Jayden Wheelhouse
6 Justin Hunt
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Joel Edwards
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Jacob Felise
11 Bayley Sironen
12 Jackson Williams
13 Darcy Cox
Interchange:
14 Matt Ballin
15 TevitaTatola
16 Masters-Siavale
17 Pio Sokobalavu

Clifferd the No 7, is he one of your 3?

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Final 17 today
1. Watson Heleta
2. Christian Yassmin
3. Nathan Milone (capt.)
4. Toni Tali
5. Jayden Wheelhouse
6. Justin Hunt
7. Jordan Rankin
15. Junior Tatola
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
12. Jackson Williams
11. Bayley Sironen
18. Taniela Paseka
13. Darcy Cox

Interchange:
14. Matt Ballin
16. Esan Marsters
17. Pio Sokobalava
21. Ashley Nisbet

Original 17:
1 Watson Heleta
2 Christian Yassmin
3 Leighton Tali
4 Nathan Milone
5 Jayden Wheelhouse
6 Justin Hunt
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Joel Edwards
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Jacob Felise
11 Bayley Sironen
12 Jackson Williams
13 Darcy Cox
Interchange:
14 Matt Ballin
15 TevitaTatola
16 Masters-Siavale
17 Pio Sokobalavu

hahahahaa....couldnt be surely.........but hes one of Taylors though..

Clifferd

Coach
Final 17 today
1. Watson Heleta
2. Christian Yassmin
3. Nathan Milone (capt.)
4. Toni Tali
5. Jayden Wheelhouse
6. Justin Hunt
7. Jordan Rankin
15. Junior Tatola
9. Jeremy Marshall-King
12. Jackson Williams
11. Bayley Sironen
18. Taniela Paseka
13. Darcy Cox

Interchange:
14. Matt Ballin
16. Esan Marsters
17. Pio Sokobalava
21. Ashley Nisbet

Original 17:
1 Watson Heleta
2 Christian Yassmin
3 Leighton Tali
4 Nathan Milone
5 Jayden Wheelhouse
6 Justin Hunt
7 Jordan Rankin
8 Joel Edwards
9 Jeremy Marshall-King
10 Jacob Felise
11 Bayley Sironen
12 Jackson Williams
13 Darcy Cox
Interchange:
14 Matt Ballin
15 TevitaTatola
16 Masters-Siavale
17 Pio Sokobalavu

Hahahah nice try, but nah

Tatola, Ballin and Felise were my picks. Maybe Paseska

Tigers1986

Juniors
The side took a hit losing Addo-Carr last year. You also need to factor in that Littlejohn is playing up the top grade whilst Ballin recovers and gets match fit.

When Liddle is healthy he'll play 9 allowing Marshall-King to play 6 or 7, moving Rankin to fullback.

Don't give up, it's round 2. These lads put it all in each week and deserve recognition too. Most people only see them at the NRL gamedays and don't make the trips to suburban grounds to watch the stand alone games.

macnaz

Staff member
Any side with Rancid in the team let alone half and Nothin Molone as captian is 100% heading for failure

From the NSWRL site:

Matt Ballin returned to the Rugby League field earlier today for his first game in nine months, after suffering a second anterior cruciate ligament [ACL] injury in as many years.

In his time at the Manly Sea Eagles, then-coach Geoff Toovey described Ballin as one of the toughest players to lace up a boot, after playing 182 consecutive games for the club, and even battling through 22 minutes on the field with a broken leg. The next year he tore his ACL, eventually signed with the Wests Tigers for the 2016 season, and then after just two NRL appearances, tore his ACL again.

Three major injuries in three years is astonishing considering he barely missed a game for eight seasons, and the resilience shown to once again take the field today proves his physical and mental toughness.

“It was just disappointing,” Ballin explains to NSWRL.com.au, referring to the second time he injured his ACL.

“All the hard work that the medical staff put in, and you personally put in, and all of the support shown by your family, and then you know you have to go through it all again, it’s a little bit demoralising.

“In saying that, it’s probably strengthened me as a person, and my family as well, so it was a tough stint, but it’s been good for us in the long run.”

That raw optimism is the difference between Ballin returning to the field today and another player possibly cutting their losses and giving the game away.

He admits he was close to playing in the opening round last week, but wasn’t prepared to take any risks if it meant potentially spending more time on the sidelines.

“It was more just a timing issue, the knee was fine, but the surgeon wanted to wait the full nine months because it’s a second revision surgery,” Ballin says.

“But I’m here now, the knee felt fine, but timing and fitness-wise I’ve got a little bit of work to do.”

Ballin started the Intrust Super Premiership NSW match on the bench, and interchanged the hooker role with rising-star Jeremy Marshall-King in their 52-12 defeat at the hands of Penrith.

He has been training full-time for five weeks, and aims to slowly progress back into the NRL side.

“Personally, I felt I tackled pretty well and passed pretty well,” Ballin says.

“In the first game in nine months it’s pretty good, we defended a lot, but Penrith held the ball well and we struggled a little bit, so they point some points on us.

“[NRL] is the goal, I’ll spend a couple of weeks in reserve grade and get my fitness and timing back. We’ve got Matty McIlwrick and Jack Littlejohn playing pretty well, so I’ve got to have to play well to push them out.”

A host of hookers at the Wests Tigers has created a healthy competition between Ballin, the two players he mentioned, as well as young gun Jacob Liddle.

That is not something Ballin backs away from; in fact, he embraces the situation, once again proving why he is such an asset to the club.

“It’s great, I’m learning a lot of them,” Ballin says.

“Whatever I can help them with I do as well, so it’s a really good environment.”

Vic Mackey

Referee
the entire nsw cup sides spine is pretty much out. 1.hunt 6. rankin/mapesone 7. littlejohn 9. mcillwrick is what it will hopefully be when everyones fit

Tiger Ted

Bench
the entire nsw cup sides spine is pretty much out. 1.hunt 6. rankin/mapesone 7. littlejohn 9. mcillwrick is what it will hopefully be when everyones fit
I don't know anything about mapesone but when everyone is available the only one out of this state cup spine who is a better option than the regular in nrl side is littlejohn.

Unlike last yr when Brooks still had 2 yrs of his contract to run @ bullshit money there is now no reason for the coach to curry favour with the biggest hoax to come out of the Balmain juniors in recent times.At least littlejohn has an ok kicking game & can tackle !

1. Watson HELETA
2 Christian YASSMIN
3 Nathan MILONE
4 Leighton TALI
5. Jayden WHEELHOUSE
6. Jordan RANKIN
7. Justin HUNT
8. Wesley LOLO
9. Matthew BALLIN
10 Jacob FELISE
11 Bayley SIRONEN
12 Jackson WILLIAMS
13 Kyle LOVETT
14 J. MARSHALL-KING
15 Darcy COX
16 Jordan GRANT
17 Pio Sokobalavu
18 E. MARSTERS-SIAVALE

It will be interesting to hear how both Ballin and Lovett go tomorrow.
Lovett, besides being a favourite of JT certainly owes the club plenty, so should be pumped for a big one at what I assume will be a heavy Campbelltown Stadium tomorrow.

Tiger Ted

Bench
1. Watson HELETA
2 Christian YASSMIN
3 Nathan MILONE
4 Leighton TALI
5. Jayden WHEELHOUSE
6. Jordan RANKIN
7. Justin HUNT
8. Wesley LOLO
9. Matthew BALLIN
10 Jacob FELISE
11 Bayley SIRONEN
12 Jackson WILLIAMS
13 Kyle LOVETT
14 J. MARSHALL-KING
15 Darcy COX
16 Jordan GRANT
17 Pio Sokobalavu
18 E. MARSTERS-SIAVALE

It will be interesting to hear how both Ballin and Lovett go tomorrow.
Lovett, besides being a favourite of JT certainly owes the club plenty, so should be pumped for a big one at what I assume will be a heavy Campbelltown Stadium tomorrow.
Old time tiger the problem with Lovett is yes he does owe the club & although I can't question his efforts he is limited & gives us zero impact.Unfortunately for him is he just isn't big & powerful enough to b an asset in the timid backrow that we have.

What is of concern is y is marsters 18th man.I thought he was better than that & particularly in a side that's been pumped 2 wks in a row u'd think he'd b a shoo-in for a starting spot.

Oh I agree 100% Tiger Ted, he does give zero impact and he isn't big and powerful enough.
But because he is or at least was a favourite of JT and maybe still in the top tier of contracted players, Taylor will more than likely use him, unfortunately.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interesting to see who plays tomorrow. I think Ballin and Lovett play then Hunt and Tatola go as 18th/19th man to Canberra.

Clifferd

Coach
I wish we'd have the mentality of going in with 3 big props tbh and Ballin

You play some sort of side like Canberra and you gotta provide atleast some sort of resilience

Latest posts