What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment so far..........

Drakon

Juniors
Watched Kerr in the lightning disrupted trial game against the Dogs at WIN stadium and saw him play against Penrith. I don't think he is ready for first grade yet. Watched Mose against Penrith and saw him interviewed after the game. He needs more time at Cutters level to get match fit for sure. He readily admitted he was puffing hard. Hopefully they both progress well.

Glenn01

Juniors
No doubt, but he shouldn't be picked again if we have a full squad available...

I just think he (Marketo) cops a lot of unfair criticism on this forum. If he were 15kg heavier and just as fast and fit he would be a superstar. I know that's purely hypothetical but even as is, he has never been a star but never hopelessly let the team down either.

GC Dragon

Juniors
Watched Kerr in the lightning disrupted trial game against the Dogs at WIN stadium and saw him play against Penrith. I don't think he is ready for first grade yet. Watched Mose against Penrith and saw him interviewed after the game. He needs more time at Cutters level to get match fit for sure. He readily admitted he was puffing hard. Hopefully they both progress well.
Yeah I agree with you . Kerr looks way off first grade pace and I am doubtful Mose will make first grade this year . Sele is well ahead of them two at this stage . The Cutters will miss Wakemann this year badly .

BennyV

Referee
what do you expect him to say, considering Mary was part of the NSW SOO staff...
I dont expect him to say anything, but as soon as one of the media old boys touts Mary as a good coach, the rest of the media wont say a word against him. Couple that with the fact that the Board would prefer to keep him on regardless of results as he's one of their mates, it all points towards 2 more years, at least...

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I just think he (Marketo) cops a lot of unfair criticism on this forum. If he were 15kg heavier and just as fast and fit he would be a superstar. I know that's purely hypothetical but even as is, he has never been a star but never hopelessly let the team down either.
Well he ain't 15kg heavier nor faster so that's mute, again I will repeat, Marketo is all heart but that doesn't cut it he is a reserve grade standard player who gives his all..

Glenn01

Juniors
Well he ain't 15kg heavier nor faster so that's mute, again I will repeat, Marketo is all heart but that doesn't cut it he is a reserve grade standard player who gives his all..
I said "just as fast" but regardless, considering he is probably on a minimum wage and as you said "he gives his all", that is enough for me not to denounce him.

Glenn01

Juniors
It seems Trent Merrin is on the outer at Penwiff. Only getting limited game time for a guy who obviously isn't "an impact player". Personally I was never upset about him being let go and I wouldn't swap him for JDB now, even if they were taking up the same amount of salary cap space. I was just upset about letting him and Morris go and only getting a Fijian porter to replace them.

possm

Coach
It seems Trent Merrin is on the outer at Penwiff. Only getting limited game time for a guy who obviously isn't "an impact player". Personally I was never upset about him being let go and I wouldn't swap him for JDB now, even if they were taking up the same amount of salary cap space. I was just upset about letting him and Morris go and only getting a Fijian porter to replace them.
You forget, Doust needed his entertainment fund topped up.

Fangs

Coach

;)

Merrin got some more minutes today didn't he?

Don't worry, he won't get benched. Chalk another one up for Mary for that call.

Glenn01

Juniors
;)

Merrin got some more minutes today didn't he?

Don't worry, he won't get benched. Chalk another one up for Mary for that call.
Well he got benched. For literally half the game last week and for a portion this week. Doesn't matter. I don't care about Penwiff. Just glad they have Merrin on more money than we have JDB for.

mickeylane

Bench
I think our recruitment is complete w Hunts arrival - we really need one more strike back...either Centre/5/8 .....I can believe we resigned Aitken

Reactions: Qdf

Glenn01

Juniors
I think our recruitment is complete w Hunts arrival - we really need one more strike back...either Centre/5/8 .....I can believe we resigned Aitken
I think McIdiot is an incompetent moron but I can't really blame him for signing Aitken. How many halves or outside backs who were apparently going to be stars but in reality were fringe first graders at best were management crucified for letting go of over the last several years? Anyone remember Evander Cummins or Beau Henry?
But having said that, I agree. Aitken is a bitter disappointment this far and by now, I can't see him getting much better.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I have no problems what so ever that we will be paying Hunt around 1 mil a season. I would be fine if we spent that on a top fullback and 5/8 too. Those are the positions that we should be spending the big dollars on (as long as they warrant big $) and building a team around.

Reactions: Qdf

mickeylane

Bench
I look at pa
I have no problems what so ever that we will be paying Hunt around 1 mil a season. I would be fine if we spent that on a top fullback and 5/8 too. Those are the positions that we should be spending the big dollars on (as long as they warrant big $) and building a team around.
era and lets be serious damage done by 3 players..
No 7 - Norman
No 3 - Jennings
No 1 - French
No 2 - Radrada

just shows u a top line halfback can do (enter Hunt)
and a top line centre can do (enter Dugan)
Fullback? Field?
Winger - Mcdonald?

Fangs

Coach
Well he got benched. For literally half the game last week and for a portion this week. Doesn't matter. I don't care about Penwiff. Just glad they have Merrin on more money than we have JDB for.

Checked out Trent Merrin's minutes for the first 5 rounds of 2016:

Round 1 - 58 minutes
Round 2 - 63 minutes
Round 3 - Injured
Round 4 - 59 minutes
Round 5 - 56 minutes

He averaged 66 minutes a game in 2016. Middle and back end of the season he started playing over 70 minutes, sometimes 80.

He ain't on the outer, he is just getting warmed up.

Always been a big JDB fan as well, but he is no Trent Merrin. Not yet anyway.

Latest posts