What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wants Dylan Walker back?

Pommy

Coach
I think we should sign Tedesco. GI looks done unfortunately - let him retire.

Lol let him retire. Why is he going to retire with a contract worth almost a million a year?
I love no idea why people have suddenly changed their opinions on him. He's got a freak injury that any player could have got.
I personally didn't want to resign him as I thought he was already done but this injury from what we know so far changes nothing.

alien

Referee
I personally didn't want to resign him as I thought he was already done but this injury from what we know so far changes nothing.

Well he already had 1 bad knee that always gave him problems, and now he might have 2. If he keeps having problems for a few more years then it's going to hurt the team bigly, because he is taking up around $1,000,000 of the salary cap per year.

Pommy

Coach
Well he already had 1 bad knee that always gave him problems, and now he might have 2. If he keeps having problems for a few more years then it's going to hurt the team bigly, because he is taking up around $1,000,000 of the salary cap per year.

I understand that although his knee could also be fine.
But why is he going to say I don't want that $1m a year and retire?

OVP

Coach

Never knock a champion alien.

p.s. "bigly" ... did you go to Trump University ?

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

souths_reborn

Juniors
Lol let him retire. Why is he going to retire with a contract worth almost a million a year?
I love no idea why people have suddenly changed their opinions on him. He's got a freak injury that any player could have got.
What I find funny is that the people who want to "get rid" of Inglis are calling for a player who is probably just as equally prone to injuries in Tedesco. In my book you would be robbing Peter to pay Paul by signing Tedesco despite his obvious playing talent.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Thing to remember about Dylan Walker is his only 22.
It took Sam Burgess years for him to gain consistency and balance on and off field. It really wasn't until the Second half of 2014, when he was 25, that Sam put it all together. Take Cody Walker, he took until he was 26 to even debut. Goodwin didn't have a decent season of footy until he was 24, and then it took him another 4 seasons after that to have a second decent season. Issac Luke blasted onto the scene in 2007, but even he took a Few Years to get the right attitude. Dylan is still young, he was 20 when all that bullshit went down, I'd still give him a second chance

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Thing to remember about Dylan Walker is his only 22.
It took Sam Burgess years for him to gain consistency and balance on and off field. It really wasn't until the Second half of 2014, when he was 25, that Sam put it all together. Take Cody Walker, he took until he was 26 to even debut. Goodwin didn't have a decent season of footy until he was 24, and then it took him another 4 seasons after that to have a second decent season. Issac Luke blasted onto the scene in 2007, but even he took a Few Years to get the right attitude. Dylan is still young, he was 20 when all that bullshit went down, I'd still give him a second chance

Subtle

Pass on Walker. He burned that bridge and pissed on the ashes.

As for GI... One knee reco.. Ok. If he does it again then I'd be pushing him toward the exit.

callmack1

Staff member
Pass on Walker. He burned that bridge and pissed on the ashes.

As for GI... One knee reco.. Ok. If he does it again then I'd be pushing him toward the exit.
Not the exit. He is now a Souths legend so he will get a role within the club I hope.

Lets hope his retirement is a fair way away but who knows?

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We just signed GI there's no point of getting rid of him now. Players can actually return from injuries believe it or not. James Tedesco significantally struggled with injuries at the start of his career. G.I. Is the heart of our team. This is a great opportunity for Alex Johnston to finally play fullback as well for when GI does retire. He's being tutored by an immortal.

Pommy

Coach
Not the exit. He is now a Souths legend so he will get a role within the club I hope.

Lets hope his retirement is a fair way away but who knows?

Isn't he supposed to be desperate for a move north for family reasons?
Seemed like he only resigned when it became clear he wasn't going to get a deal in Queensland. Well a deal that wasn't on the GC anyway.