What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 2 vs Panthers @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 2: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was on tge road and missed this game.

Thank f**k.

I only have to analyse the stats of it without seeing it.

Clifferd

Coach

Thank f**k.

Some stats are misleading, we bombed about 5 tries that on any other day we would have scored

Other than that....our defense, my oh my. Similar to that round 24 game vs Penrith last year

Diabolical

Vic Mackey

Referee

Thank f**k.

Some stats are misleading, we bombed about 5 tries that on any other day we would have scored

Other than that....our defense, my oh my. Similar to that round 24 game vs Penrith last year

Diabolical

Yep Clifford is right MU. Suli and teddy dropped the ball over the line, kev and Idris dropped it only meters out in try scoring situations, we had a (I thought fair try) disallowed for a forward pass, Suli kicked ahead after a break, there were 3 tigers chasers and 1 panther, the ball took a wicked bounce directly into the panthers hands. Penrith scored a try off a bomb, replays showed the try scorer clearly offside.

Our defence was poor and we didn't deserve the win, but most weeks we would have been up at least 12-0 after 20 mins.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Diabolical
What about our brutal & rugged defence against raiders in rd 26 last yr !! There will b a lot more of that next Sunday arvo in the nations capital.I reckon midway through the 1st half it will time to switch the TV sets of !

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yep Clifford is right MU. Suli and teddy dropped the ball over the line, kev and Idris dropped it only meters out in try scoring situations, we had a (I thought fair try) disallowed for a forward pass, Suli kicked ahead after a break, there were 3 tigers chasers and 1 panther, the ball took a wicked bounce directly into the panthers hands. Penrith scored a try off a bomb, replays showed the try scorer clearly offside.

Our defence was poor and we didn't deserve the win, but most weeks we would have been up at least 12-0 after 20 mins.
Any early 12-0 lead by us would b eroded @ 35th-40th minute period when it's siesta time for the assiduous hard working Trojans based @ Concord !!!!

Tiger Woody

Juniors

Thank f**k.

Wasnt pretty buddy.
Should have scored 2 tries before Penrith even got a sniff.
Could have been a different story then

Tiger Woody

Juniors
What about our brutal & rugged defence against raiders in rd 26 last yr !! There will b a lot more of that next Sunday arvo in the nations capital.I reckon midway through the 1st half it will time to switch the TV sets of !

What annoys me is hearing "how hard we train"..training is tougher than a game."
And we were spent in the 2nd half.Toughen up you guys....

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Some observations to add to others on here:
Chee Kam is not a centre....has FAILED...so need someone else..On the bench or in forwards for him.
We need 2 centres who can hold a line in defence and tackle...(no idea where we get these from though)
Non tacklers below
Grace Jones (Kevy)
Brooks (Let the guy leave,hes not getting any better)
Lawrence (tries hard but misses too many tackles that end in tries)

Idris is not showing anything so far.....doubt he will after all his hype and talk.

Need some big energetic forwards to help Hillbilly....he cant play long minutes
Grant was missed......played well against Souths.

Probably lots more to whinge about but that will do for now

Tiger05

First Grade
TigerWoody - heaps of good points here.

Chee Kam looks really good but he gets caught out in the centres. He doesn't have the lateral movement or speed to defend there. Kev is also a poor defender. Sue should probably be played up the middle especially when we are missing some middle forwards.

Brooks and Moses were ordinary. These guys need to start performing regularly.

JT made some poor decisions when Grant went down especially because we were soft up the middle.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any team that doesn't field at least 2 props and a backrower on the bench is going to be in for a hard time.

We have the worst depth in the comp. Even Newcastle has better depth. Too many nrl players in our side are overpaid by obscene amounts.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The issue is more like a $1 million plus of the salary cap is running around each week playing for other clubs...

Tiger05

First Grade
The issue is more like a $1 million plus of the salary cap is running around each week playing for other clubs...

This may be a big part of the problem but who knows. I'd love to see where all the money is going. Are we paying Woods $1 million per year ?

Tiger Ted

Bench
On yesterday's effort all of them are overpaid,what is very noticeable once our team become rattled there is no coming back.
I'm fed up to the back teeth with this clubs frequent timid efforts over the last decade whereby we r so inept that the result is a foregone conclusion (that we have no hope of winning )early in the 2nd half !!!

I've left so many games over the last decade thinking this rabble r not worthy of participating in NRL.Many of this spineless clubs efforts have provided a strong arguement for a 2 tier competition which involves relegation for the dysfunctional inept clubs like this mob!

simmo05

Bench
After calming down i am prepared to write this one off. Bounce of the ball, brooks not losing momentum by kicking dead, not take the penalty goal, and we would have been up at one point. But thats the problem. We always say she'll be right, next week will be different. And before you know it the season is fuc#ed for another year.

Why is no one in this club held accountable? Is it a case of be happy who we have because we cannot attract any decent candidates? Im talking management, board, coaching, football dept. Im at a loss as to why every club seems to cycle through shit times then rebuilds and has a few decent seasons, yet we are consantly shit year after year.

Tigers1986

Juniors
It's round 2 and Penrith had a rocket up them from their previous week. Odds are we were up big time for the Souths game and struggled to back up this week. Dropped ball and poor defence but it's easy fixes. Suli & Noffa hold onto the ball we go 12-2 up. Forward pass not called we have 3 tries. Momentum is a strange thing.

Perhaps they find the motivation here to really galvanise themselves and use the disappointment to spur them on. Perhaps.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Not making excuses but the biggest factor that screwed us over was the bench selections. We were right in it for the first 30 minutes then as soon as the bench rotation came into affect we were blown out of the park. Penrith ran right through the middle, caused our back rowers to come in and help and just generally steam rolled over us. Shot the halves confidence to pieces and the whole damn defensive line fell apart.

This confidence caused a lot of the handling errors imo. 4 tries bombed that we would have scored any day of the week and that Latu try (I think) was offside by a mile. Scorline should have been something like 32-22 but either way, we lost.

We need 3 middle forwards on the bench next week

Latest posts