What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best line up for round 3:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Goodwin was all at sea and as a result the 1st try was scored down his side.

Then he kicked it out on the full restarting the next set, manly scored within 6 tackles.

1st 2 tries against us both involves him.

From there he was solid and not spectacular.

I think Goodwin can only improve from there he's a senior player and I still think he's a better choice than talakai. although in saying that he probably shouldn't stay in the team just because he's experienced.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I think Goodwin can only improve from there he's a senior player and I still think he's a better choice than talakai. although in saying that he probably shouldn't stay in the team just because he's experienced.
Senior player to improve? How much more time does he need?

Rabbits20

Immortal
What makes you want to drop Clark? He had a good game on Saturday
The fact Tom is a bigger body which we will start needing against these big forward packs.

Tom is more powerful by far!!!!!!!!

In a couple of weeks think about it, does Hargreaves want to face Clark or Tom. He'd rather face Clark as he can ragdoll him.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
1. AJ
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. Tom
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13 Sam (C)

14. Cook
15. Turner
16. Rochow
17. George

oi r20 my line up on here was r95"s team i was filling in players and getting rid of turner and clark for tom and cherro and i put crichton in the run on side above on r95"s team....... my original line up for rd3 is different than r95"s...oi r20.this is my original line up below for rd3 Shadow...
SOUTHS TOP 17
1. AJ
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Cody
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Farah
10. G. Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. S. Burgess

14. Cook
15. Rochow
16. T. Burgess
17. Cherrington

Rabbits20

Immortal
oi r20 my line up on here was r95"s team i was filling in players and getting rid of turner and clark for tom and cherro and i put crichton in the run on side above on r95"s team....... my original line up for rd3 is different than r95"s....Shadow...
I think R95 would have Clark there.

I'd have Clark as 18th man.

Rsag85

Bench
Goodwin was all at sea and as a result the 1st try was scored down his side.

Then he kicked it out on the full restarting the next set, manly scored within 6 tackles.

1st 2 tries against us both involves him.

From there he was solid and not spectacular.

I agree

Rsag85

Bench
It was especially strange considering he's the most experienced in our youthful backline.

True but to be fair to Goodwin his best position is at centre. Would have Jennings go to the wing. Using his size and speed. I think the guy who might miss out judging on the first 2 rounds is Hunt

souths_reborn

Juniors
I don't think there will be any changes to the side. Its very hard to change a winning team and I struggle to think how Madge could possibly justify dropping anyone when the team has won 38-18. Also, continuity breeds confidence and stability so I think it is in everyone's best interests if we keep the same team.

DiegoNT

First Grade
The fact Tom is a bigger body which we will start needing against these big forward packs.

Tom is more powerful by far!!!!!!!!

In a couple of weeks think about it, does Hargreaves want to face Clark or Tom. He'd rather face Clark as he can ragdoll him.
Tom gets pushed back and forced into slow play the balls alot. In terms of who you'd rather run at, you'd pick Tom over Clark anyday. The slightest bit of footwork and Tom is stuffed. He is bigger so he tends to find it hard to wrap people up, clark sticks to people like a spider monkey. Tom rarely forces a slow play the ball, while Clark is great at the wrestle. Game goes both ways.

Turner and Clark both made a glut of tackles ,why on earth would you drop 2 guys who between just them absorb around 11 full sets in defence ?

callmack1

Staff member
I'd stick with a similar, probably same line up. As others have said, you can't really justify any changes because no one had a bad game.

However, I'd like to see Goodwin and Jennings switch because Bryson is better in the centres and Jennings speed on the wing could be a huge asset.

Rabbits20

Immortal
True but to be fair to Goodwin his best position is at centre. Would have Jennings go to the wing. Using his size and speed. I think the guy who might miss out judging on the first 2 rounds is Hunt
I also think Hunt will miss out.

I love the Goodwin haters coming out.

That first try Manly scored Jennings missed the tackle and he shouldn't have. Bryson came in as he didn't have confidence in Jennings and the Manly guy passed and it was an easy try in the corner.

Goodwin should have stayed on the wing and just let the Manly guy go straight through Jennings as he was going too!!!!!

Kicking out on the full was poor.

Bryson was good after that. He ran the 5th most metres in the side and 4th most metres last week.

Re Hunt he doesn't gain anywhere near as many metres as Bryson and isn't the best at the shit work!!!!!

On Hunt he was poor in defence for Manly' second try.

Another bad habit Hunt has is knocking on in our own half!!!!!

rabbitohs95

Bench
I also think Hunt will miss out.

I love the Goodwin haters coming out.

That first try Manly scored Jennings missed the tackle and he shouldn't have. Bryson came in as he didn't have confidence in Jennings and the Manly guy passed and it was an easy try in the corner.

Goodwin should have stayed on the wing and just let the Manly guy go straight through Jennings as he was going too!!!!!

Kicking out on the full was poor.

Bryson was good after that. He ran the 5th most metres in the side and 4th most metres last week.

Re Hunt he doesn't gain anywhere near as many metres as Bryson and isn't the best at the shit work!!!!!

On Hunt he was poor in defence for Manly' second try.

Another bad habit Hunt has is knocking on in our own half!!!!!
To be fair Hunt was at marker when Kelly went through. Sure, he probably shouldn't have been there but he made a significant tackle beforehand.