What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nintendo NX - Next Gen Harware Concept

elyod138

Bench
Picked up Blaster Master Zero, it's a nice little nostalgia trip.

The use of the HD rumble is probably the best I've felt in the Switch games so far, I hope they patch Zelda to include HD rumble eventually.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Really enjoying the Switch. Playing an awesome game like BOTW certainly helps.

Surprisingly I find myself using it mostly undocked. Playing while having the footy on the main TV has been handy.

Storm13

Juniors
I can't get to grips with playing undocked with a game like Zelda as the buttons where they are position makes my hands start to cramp. Think it would feel better on more arcade style games where the button complexity isn't high.

elyod138

Bench
I've played in handheld mode exclusively. I'm sharing it with my housemate and he got a pro controller, it's the best controller I've ever held, I highly recommend it.

jargan83

Coach
I saw a bloke playing the Switch on the train yesterday afternoon.

I didn't realize it was that portable!

elyod138

Bench
Should this thread be renamed to Nintendo Switch now?

Breath of the Wild keeps surprising me. 30 hours in so far and I'm probably only about 25% through the main quest.

Storm13

Juniors
Played Zelda for the first time with the joy cons in each hand with the system undocked on the kickstand on the patio just kicking back. Felt so natural playing with a detached control with both hands.

elyod138

Bench
Killed my first Lynel tonight, then went and found another for round 2. Feels good after being constantly 1 hit by those bastards in the past.

This is easily my favourite open world game of all time, possibly my favourite game of all time full stop.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
After having a few weeks to let it cool off, I have to admit I feel Nintendo really hit it out of the park with the hardware. As soon as the console's on board features are up to snuff with the likes of Youtube and Netflix, this thing is gonna be a hit that Nintendo has rarely seen.

Obviously the sheer brilliance of Zelda helps, with MK8 not far around the corner. I'm also getting Yooka Laylee on the Switch as well so I'll have plenty to play on it.

perverse

Referee
Gamestop reckon it could outsell the Wii. That's a huge call this early in the game. If they can keep a strong pipeline of quality titles coming, it's possible. At the end of the day the launch couldn't have possibly gone better. I don't really regard the sporadic technical issues across the internet as anything outside the norm for any new device.

Everyone I've spoken to that owns one is full of praise, with no issues reported. Can't wait to get my own.

sandshark

Bench
Been looking at the Switch a lot lately, considering buying one for my work travels but not sure if I should wait until more games are released.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Definitely looking into trading in the ps4 for a switch. The ps4 has been a huge dissapointment. The games are technically good, just none are fun. Plus my Niece who I Care for is getting into gaming and there's just no good games for kids, or games we can play together. Her 10th birthday is coming up in early may so I'm looking into then to grab a switch, Mario kart will be out by then, Zelda is a no brainer and I'm liking the look of snippet clips as it's a game I think my niece will like. Maybe 1,2 switch if the price comes down enough or yookie-laylee. Rayman Legends is definetely on the cards and Mario oddeysey when it comes out.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Definitely looking into trading in the ps4 for a switch. The ps4 has been a huge dissapointment. The games are technically good, just none are fun. Plus my Niece who I Care for is getting into gaming and there's just no good games for kids, or games we can play together. Her 10th birthday is coming up in early may so I'm looking into then to grab a switch, Mario kart will be out by then, Zelda is a no brainer and I'm liking the look of snippet clips as it's a game I think my niece will like. Maybe 1,2 switch if the price comes down enough or yookie-laylee. Rayman Legends is definetely on the cards and Mario oddeysey when it comes out.

You could conceivably do this to get the Switch now and later on, if the PS4 gets more games that suits your tastes, hopefully by that time the PS4 Pro has come down in price significantly.

elyod138

Bench
Anyone else playing the free Splatoon 2 test fire?

Pretty fun, just frustrating because I suck, haven't played a console shooter since the original Halo.

Storm13

Juniors
Haven't been able to play as of work but the original Splatoon was a fun shooter. Be interesting to see how the Switch version plays without dual screens???

Parra Pride

Coach
I was interested in Splatoon, however the lack of an ethernet port in the dock has turned me off any kind of MP games on the console. It's a shame but is what it is.

elyod138

Bench
I was interested in Splatoon, however the lack of an ethernet port in the dock has turned me off any kind of MP games on the console. It's a shame but is what it is.
Ran really well on the wifi.

Cheap usb LAN adapters work with the switch dock, FYI.