What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

thebigredv

First Grade
Just think people. One day, in the not too distant future, we will look back and chuckle at the thought of Paul McGregor as our coach. We will say "they were lean years, that was a struggle and a test of my fortitude as a Dragons fan, but I am glad it's over and I survived".

We will have a coach who won't win us every game, but it will be a coach with actual talent as a tactician, a leader, a mentor, someone who does what is best for the team, has a bit of stubbornness but isn't arrogant. The coach will have us moving forward and will not tolerate mediocrity. They will make common sense selections and will attract and improve talent. They will have positive things said about them frequently by players. That day will come soon, and our love and passion in this club will be renewed. This is inevitable. The memory of Paul McGregor will be blotted out from our minds almost completely. I can't wait.

Bench
Harry Bath was one of the best coaches we have had. He had the respect of the players and he respected them.
i believe there are a few coaches now that have that respect. I doubt that Mary has the players respect
Mary should have realised early in the game where our weakness was and taken steps to fix that.
The centres were really bad and yet he did nothing.Mann should have come on at half time.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Me expectations for 2017 were always low based on no Halfback and a clueless dud of a coach. We might jag some wins based on teams having off days and injuries, but in reality it will be another struggle,
Sure our team has a strong back row, but in all the other positions our players rate poorly against opposition. Recent ratings for pairings by position always seem to have our guys in the bottom 4! It is what it is.....we lack speed, creativity and a kicking game.
We are left with a power game devised by a coach whom drives a JetSki to work. Until there is change then I expect much the same.....Normal Transmission!

SBD82

Coach
I believe we should not call them St George when they lose, We should call them the Illawarra Marys
Why should Illawarra take responsibility for Mary?

Maybe St George can take responsibility for the f**kwit CEO that made Mary our coach. .

St Georgio

Juniors
Why should Illawarra take responsibility for Mary?

Maybe St George can take responsibility for the f**kwit CEO that made Mary our coach. .
He is only there bcoz only the Illawarra part of the Marriage want him there.
Dousy only wanted to make wifey happy!

SBD82

Coach
He is only there bcoz only the Illawarra part of the Marriage want him there.
Dousy has no balls!
I think that's a pretty suspect argument.

Any decent CEO would have the coach he wants, he would make it happen.

So either he got the coach he wants, or he is too inept to do so. Either way, he is to blame for Mary.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Me expectations for 2017 were always low based on no Halfback and a clueless dud of a coach. We might jag some wins based on teams having off days and injuries, but in reality it will be another struggle,
Sure our team has a strong back row, but in all the other positions our players rate poorly against opposition. Recent ratings for pairings by position always seem to have our guys in the bottom 4! It is what it is.....we lack speed, creativity and a kicking game.
We are left with a power game devised by a coach whom drives a JetSki to work. Until there is change then I expect much the same.....Normal Transmission!

You are right Coffs dragon however, after the trail's, I had some hope with what Mary was saying regarding picking positions on trail form and there were some strong performances however, that didn't last long.

Rocked up to Kogarah hoping for a competitive game due to new year and at home. I came away with egg on my face and thought Mary has ability to put together a game plan and presumed a similar result against Parra.

Well, that didn't last long either. Mary got toweled up in the coaching department and as you say, we are now in normal transmission.

On the Jetski thing, for goodness sake. Shock horror, the spot light was taken away in the negotiation of a very good player in a position the club has struggled with for years and he shows up with a "look at me" gesture.

ybur

Juniors
(Doust) Mary i need to see you in the office. (Mary) OK, whats up? (Doust) Your time is up, take your favs with you, Ive got you a mini bus to fit them in. Lafai, Mccrone, Widdop and Aitken. Oh, and on the way home Phil Gould wants you to pick up Rein and Merrin and told me to tell you thanks for nothing. (Doust again) Save a seat for me too! (Mary) Nahhh, I will catch the jet ski home.

Gomarchin

Juniors
"We made 6 handling errors and they scored points straight after."

Translation: I'm an idiot and I have no idea what I'm doing.