What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best line up for round 3:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oi r20 and alien,i did not include burns or johnston becoz they are wingers predominantly especially with inglis out at present for johnston and i believe goodwin is better than all the back line players at wing or centre excluding inglis of course, i rate goodwins performances since his debut at souths from the dogs as stable and highly professional whether he has lost a bit of pace or not he is still the no1 back bar inglis....id suggest once goodwin retires the 1-5 will be this below unless dylan returns or we buy or produce a gun back from souths junior ranks-...Shadow...
1.inglis
2.johnston
3.gray (i prefer dylan walker though over gray)...or if dylan returns it may be a gray/dwalkz centre pairing then jennings may have to fight it out against burns for a wing spot,tyrrel fuimaono might want a centre spot shortly id prefer fui than hunt fui has a bigger motor than hunt and can play 2nd row also...so maybe just maybe it may be a gray/fuimaono centre pairing in the future if dylan walker does not return to souths?lots of centre and wing spots are up for grabs in 2017/2018 especially when you throw talakai in the mix as well whom is a bit slow id suggest but the hunt/jennings centre combo may lift in time?i would not mind a jennings/dylan walker centre pairing though...
4.jennings
5.burns

The fact Tom is a bigger body which we will start needing against these big forward packs.

Tom is more powerful by far!!!!!!!!

In a couple of weeks think about it, does Hargreaves want to face Clark or Tom. He'd rather face Clark as he can ragdoll him.
Clarke as that passing game around the ruck and also has an offload on him while tom is just a battering ram and we have one of them in George.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
oi r20 and alien,i did not include burns or johnston becoz they are wingers predominantly especially with inglis out at present for johnston and i believe goodwin is better than all the back line players at wing or centre excluding inglis of course, i rate goodwins performances since his debut at souths from the dogs as stable and highly professional whether he has lost a bit of pace or not he is still the no1 back bar inglis....id suggest once goodwin retires the 1-5 will be this below unless dylan returns or we buy or produce a gun back from souths junior ranks-...Shadow...
1.inglis
2.johnston
3.gray (i prefer dylan walker though over gray)...or if dylan returns it may be a gray/dwalkz centre pairing then jennings may have to fight it out against burns for a wing spot,tyrrel fuimaono might want a centre spot shortly id prefer fui than hunt fui has a bigger motor than hunt and can play 2nd row also...so maybe just maybe it may be a gray/fuimaono centre pairing in the future if dylan walker does not return to souths?lots of centre and wing spots are up for grabs in 2017/2018 especially when you throw talakai in the mix as well whom is a bit slow id suggest but the hunt/jennings centre combo may lift in time?i would not mind a jennings/dylan walker centre pairing though...
4.jennings
5.burns

If talakai doesn't get a first grade spot at Souths he will 100% get one somewhere else. The guy is bigger than some of our forwards. As we have seen big centres can succeed like Konrad Hurrel, Inglis, Solomone Kata. Talakai takes a lot of runs too making 160+m in his first game. I can definitely see him being a solid first grader in a few years, maybe even sooner.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
talakai is too slow to be a centre but would be better served in the forwards dept in turners spot becoz he hits a lot harder than turner or clark or tyrrell can and he is a lot younger (19) i think id be using him thru state of origin as a 2nd rower to see how he performs just ask Shadow he knows SSTID ....Shadow...

rabbitohs95

Bench
I think a big hurdle for many of our centres is that a lot of them predominantly play on the left, only Hunt and Fuimaono are right side centres, the likes of Goodwin, Gray, Jennings, Inglis and Talakai are all left side players which will hurt their chances.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Goodwin issues in defence let in 2 tries on the weekend.
Imo he let in 1 as he didn't trust Jennings. Jennings struggled making the tackle though so Goodwin should've stayed on his wing and let the Manly guy go straight through Jennings. But then of course Bryson would still get blamed and you'd say he should've come in.

It was both their fault imo.

Don't remember another try where he stuffed up!!!!??????

I don't want to argue about this as I know what I saw with my own eyes.

If you're talking about the try in the second half that Manly scored if Goodwin came in then Tom would have passed to the unmarked man anyway. Also even if he came in he was never going to catch Tom. They were going to score either way. I think we just got caught short on numbers for whatever reason and Trbojevic went straight past Cody and Jennings.

(Also I don't wish to get into an argument here Rsag)

Latest posts