What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 3 vs Roosters

soc123_au

Staff member
With Carty in Doubt who comes in? I would be tempted to start JFH and give May a run off the bench. Imagine the possibilities with a pair of Tyrones in the team.

chrisD

Coach
Whoever gets the last spot likely won't get much game time, not likely to be of much consequence.

RCG, Tamou and Merrin do not offer enough dimension in that first 20-25mins, they're all too similar. Feels like we are returning to the start of last season before Matagi/Latu began getting starts.
We can do better and will likely need to, JWH, Lolo, Scott, Fifita and the like are tearing defences from the get go, Korbin Sims is straight trampling people. We need to get Latu or Kikau starting at some point. Unfortunately Latu's fitness looked shithouse on Sunday, he was f**ked 5 minutes into the second half, and Kikau is too raw for now.

JFH is a better wide backrower than Cartwright. Cartwright is the worst defender playing that position bar none, and is about half as effective in attack playing out there rather than in the middle. He does his best work before the line as opposed to line running. But he needs to be in the side for his ability to pull points out his arse when no-one else can, not for games against teams like the Tigers but against better defences.

What I'd like to see us work towards, provided Kikau kicks on, is him having a 10-15min starting stint and Cartwright to replace him off the bench and exclusively play lock.

Don't really care who plays on the wings and in the centres, they're all up to it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Jfh had 22 tackles for 5 missed tackles and 5 ineffective tackles against Tigers.

By far the worst in the team. Didnt cost us points this week. But doesnt seem any different then what you would expect from Cartwright.

He was extremely unlucky not to be fit for the last 50 minutes... the way that game turned is where he would shine. Hes not much good at that tough grindy stuff. But once the game opens up a bit he is by far out most dangerous forward.

He was horrible last week. But given the media reports around him its easy to see why he was that bad.

maple_69

Bench
Carty had a terrible game. Aside from that he hasn't played a game in the second row since June or so. His defence at 5/8 certainly improved a lot during his stint. Let's see what the bloke can do after a few games.

I'd add another forward rather than trying Rein or similar at this stage. As mentioned Latu doesn't look ready for big minutes, Kikau and Aku aren't suited to big minutes. We aren't the battle hardened side we were at the end of last year with Merrin mowing through sides for 60-80 mins. I'd be happy with any of Leota, Browne, May or CHN.

betcats

Referee
Jfh had 22 tackles for 5 missed tackles and 5 ineffective tackles against Tigers.

By far the worst in the team. Didnt cost us points this week. But doesnt seem any different then what you would expect from Cartwright.

He was extremely unlucky not to be fit for the last 50 minutes... the way that game turned is where he would shine. Hes not much good at that tough grindy stuff. But once the game opens up a bit he is by far out most dangerous forward.

He was horrible last week. But given the media reports around him its easy to see why he was that bad.

This is why stats can be misleading, JFH is a much better defender than Carty no matter what the stats say, anyone who has watched them should know that he is much better. He forced atleast 2 errors with his defensive pressure against the tigers and he is aggressive, he hits hard and he doesn't stop working.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Bryce will have this week off to allow his injured ankle to be back to 100% for Round 4.

JFH straight into the starting side for Bryce.

Tim Browne was ruled out of the Tiger's game on the friday due to back spasm's which wouldn't settle. If he get's over the spasm's I suspect he will be the one to come into the vacant spot on the bench.

Whino

Bench
Should be a good game if we are fair dinkum.
Chooks should be missing Ferguson. Have to watch out for Keary & Pearce though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Penrith last year would play Carty. Lets see if we have improved in that area it's round 3 no point risking anyone

franklin2323

Immortal
If Cleary is out My backline would be:

Edwards
Blake
Whare
Peachey
DWZ
TMM
Moylan.

Assuming he is not Edwards misses out.

The pack I would go as:

RCG
Wallace
Tamou
Yeo
JFH
Merrin

Latu
Akouala
Kikau
Hawera-Naera/May

Browne or Leota would give us no flexiblity should a backrower need a rest

snickers007

Juniors
I think Tedesco landed on him awkwardly when he scored his try. He definitely got up a little gingerly.

Panthers v Sydney Roosters
7pm Saturday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Dean WHARE
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dylan EDWARDS
6. Te Maire MARTIN
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. James FISHER-HARRIS
15. Leilani LATU
16. Viliame KIKAU
17. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
18. Moses LEOTA
19. Tim BROWNE
20. Peta HIKU
21. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/03/14/nrl_teamlist_round_3.html

Panthers ISP coach Garth Brennan names his side to face Mounties at Aubrey Keech Reserve on Saturday.

ISP Panthers v Mounties
3pm Saturday @ Aubrey Keech Reserve

1. Tyrone MAY
2. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3. Christian CRICHTON
4. Lachlan STEIN
5. Ratu TUISESE
6. Samisoni LANGI
7. Darren NICHOLLS
8. Kaide ELLIS
9. Mitch REIN
10. Paea PUA
11. Jed CARTWRIGHT
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
13. Sione KATOA (c)

14. Liam COLEMAN
15. Nick LUI-TOSO
16. Corey WADDELL
17. Jack HETHERINGTON
18. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY

Panthers NYC coach David Tangata-Toa names his side to face Sydney Roosters at Pepper Stadium on Saturday.

Get all your gameday information here.

NYC Panthers v NYC Roosters
4.45pm Saturday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Caleb AEKINS
2. Brian TOO
3. Richie MUNCHOW
4. Sam MARTIN-SAVAGE
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Dean BLORE
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Tevita MAPAPALANGI
9. Wayde EGAN (c)