What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get CONSISTENCY

ybur

Juniors
Hate to use this as a excuse but Parramatta was allowed Tobe a metre or two offside inside the 10 all fu#ken day.
That's why the forwards couldn't get a roll on and we're dropping the ball.
If the NRL continue to allow these inept reffees to ruin games by subpart performances, to the dismay of the home crowd, the game will end up out the back door & fans will go elsewhere.
Some of the adjudication was so poor it was unwatchable. The voluntary tackle must be a thing of the past,because the ref on Sunday, not only
didn't inforce the rule on two occasions but penalised us on their goaline.
The state of the game as we know it will hopefully improve, as NRL next year take back more ownership from the TV networks.
If that was the case why didn't our great leader Widdop harass the referee like Smith, Boyd, Thurston and Graham would have to get his team earning a fair deal. Just another nail in Widdops leadership coffin, No wonder England came last in the recent series!

Reactions: Qdf

Carlton

Juniors
Maybe we were like some racehorses who suffer from 2nd up syndrome, so it will be interesting to see how the Tigpies play this weekend.

Confidence is a huge factor with Dragons footy. When we are in front we seem to be all over the opposition like a cheap suit, however, once behind, we just default to what they know best, and that's what we saw last Sunday.

The best teams never contemplate that they are out of the contest, no matter what the score is. Teams that expect to win do well until they are behind and then drop their bundle. If you watched the Storm in the Grand Final the clock was up but they still couldn't believe they would lose and played as if they still had a chance. Goods teams do not give anything easy to the opposition, even if they are losing they fight to not give them the next try.

SGI do not display the grit and fight that good teams do. Everyone can be a world beater when things are going right the real test of character is how you grit it out when things aren't going your way. Steve Waugh was the perfect example of not giving in and gritting it out even when your own form was suffering.

ybur

Juniors
Some of you on the forum, Stop making excuses and Stop trying to work it out. Until the day we get rid of Mary, Doust, Widdop, McCrone, and Lafai, and even Nighty..... we will continue to win 2 and lose 8. Stop analysing every game, every player ....and who should play where and who should be in the team. NOTHING will change UNTIL the above 6 people are BONED and HUNG OUT to DRY!

Some of you on the forum, Stop making excuses and Stop trying to work it out. Until the day we get rid of Mary, Doust, Widdop, McCrone, and Lafai, and even Nighty..... we will continue to win 2 and lose 8. Stop analysing every game, every player ....and who should play where and who should be in the team. NOTHING will change UNTIL the above 6 people are BONED and HUNG OUT to DRY!
Been here what a few days and telling people what to do lol.

thebigredv

First Grade
It's sad when the fans, who get paid nothing, spend so much of their spare time trying to make suggestions to fix our problems and the highly paid coach does nothing but try the same thing over and over again. I thought I was cranky when Price didn't fall on his sword. I will not pay a red cent to watch a Paul McGregor team, not one. He is holding our club to ransom.

In all honesty, I don't profess to know what goes on at training, or in the locker room at half time, but you only have to watch the game to know the guy is delusional. No offence, Paul, you're probably a great guy but you shouldn't be coaching our team.

While I am rambling, I do really hope the players can hold the ball against the Sharks or we might be looking at 70-10 all over again. There are signs of improvement when we hold the ball, but it's not altogether too promising when you see Dugan and Widdop busting a gut just to make a half break. One would expect more from the coach after so long in charge. In my profession, I am accountable for everything I do, and will be hauled over the coals if I don't put in for a second. Who is this guy answerable to?

Dannyboy80

Juniors
It's a forum, analyzing every game and player is exactly what this is for last I checked..What are we supposed to talk about, the weather??

ybur

Juniors
It's a forum, analyzing every game and player is exactly what this is for last I checked..What are we supposed to talk about, the weather??
Talking about the same thing over and over and over again for more than 4 years is laughable, debilitating, boring and pathetic. The same shit... day after day after day for more than 1,600 days is T.E.D.I.O.U.S. In summary. Dugan should be centre. Nighty should retire. Aitken should go to reggies. Lafai should piss off. Mccrone should piss off. Widdop should be let go. Mann, Milne and a few others should come in. YES WE ALL KNOW THIS NOW. 9,897 posts have told us this. It is now B.O.R.I.N.G!! VERY B.O.R.I.N.G!!!

SBD82

Coach
Talking about the same thing over and over and over again for more than 4 years is laughable, debilitating, boring and pathetic. The same shit... day after day after day for more than 1,600 days is T.E.D.I.O.U.S. In summary. Dugan should be centre. Nighty should retire. Aitken should go to reggies. Lafai should piss off. Mccrone should piss off. Widdop should be let go. Mann, Milne and a few others should come in. YES WE ALL KNOW THIS NOW. 9,897 posts have told us this. It is now B.O.R.I.N.G!! VERY B.O.R.I.N.G!!!

Dannyboy80

Juniors
Well I'll just say I'm looking forward to all the fresh, thought provoking ideas and conversation you'll bring to this boring forum.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
i must say this is getting boring we all say the same sh$t everyday, our opinions won't change a thing we're just fans that is it. lafai widdop mcrone out bla bla bla. yes we get it they aren't first graders!! move on people it's obvious doust and co ain't reading the forum. lol@us

OzDragon

Coach
Hate to use this as a excuse but Parramatta was allowed Tobe a metre or two offside inside the 10 all fu#ken day.
That's why the forwards couldn't get a roll on and we're dropping the ball.
If the NRL continue to allow these inept reffees to ruin games by subpart performances, to the dismay of the home crowd, the game will end up out the back door & fans will go elsewhere.
Some of the adjudication was so poor it was unwatchable. The voluntary tackle must be a thing of the past,because the ref on Sunday, not only
didn't inforce the rule on two occasions but penalised us on their goaline.
The state of the game as we know it will hopefully improve, as NRL next year take back more ownership from the TV networks.
Can't place that loss on the refs. If they'd have held onto the ball, i reckon they would have won. They just weren't switched on

possm

Coach
Administrative change will only happen if the Club is sold or if the NRL takes over. The Dragon's fans have already made it known that they are not happy with the current system.

The immediate need is for a change in coaching staff.

LINESPEED

Juniors
i must say this is getting boring we all say the same sh$t everyday, our opinions won't change a thing we're just fans that is it. lafai widdop mcrone out bla bla bla. yes we get it they aren't first graders!! move on people it's obvious doust and co ain't reading the forum. lol@us

Social media matters BIGTIME these days !
So maybe some of them have read this thread - looking for answers like normal people do?
All ya gotta do is watch for sustained & blistering in your face line speed against the Sharks cum Sunday!!
You'll find out soon enough in the opening exchanges if they live in a bubble or listen to their loyal fan base, who not only have great knowledge of the game & the Club, but that important perspective from the grandstand!

I've always thought that the fans collectively can pick better teams than the selectors across most sports - because they aren't hamstrung by the politics of officialdom, favouritism & bias.
Cricket is a good example of selectors dragging the chain on the bleeding
obvious?
When you see the ball heading across the Dragons backline at present there's no rush for the fans because there's NO speed or X-factor - no expectation that there'll be that Langlands' sidestep or Gasnier magic??
EVERY other team is giving their young X-factor speed merchants a proper go. Did you see that pass from French to Radrada??? Bird left because of the Club's slow blooding processes? What an unforgivable loss.
Have a crack Mary - give us some speed and imagination. Give Field & Dufty a full game. Give Bird something to worry about before your goose is cooked??

Qdf

Juniors
If that was the case why didn't our great leader Widdop harass the referee like Smith, Boyd, Thurston and Graham would have to get his team earning a fair deal. Just another nail in Widdops leadership coffin, No wonder England came last in the recent series!
Because Widdop isn't a captains bootlace... Just another bad desicion by our coaching staff..

LINESPEED

Juniors
Social media matters BIGTIME these days !
So maybe some of them have read this thread - looking for answers like normal people do?
All ya gotta do is watch for sustained & blistering in your face line speed against the Sharks cum Sunday!!
You'll find out soon enough in the opening exchanges if they live in a bubble or listen to their loyal fan base, who not only have great knowledge of the game & the Club, but that important perspective from the grandstand!

I've always thought that the fans collectively can pick better teams than the selectors across most sports - because they aren't hamstrung by the politics of officialdom, favouritism & bias.
Cricket is a good example of selectors dragging the chain on the bleeding
obvious?
When you see the ball heading across the Dragons backline at present there's no rush for the fans because there's NO speed or X-factor - no expectation that there'll be that Langlands' sidestep or Gasnier magic??
EVERY other team is giving their young X-factor speed merchants a proper go. Did you see that pass from French to Radrada??? Bird left because of the Club's slow blooding processes? What an unforgivable loss.
Have a crack Mary - give us some speed and imagination. Give Field & Dufty a full game. Give Bird something to worry about before your goose is cooked??
I think it's amazing that the same centre pairing that leaked so many tries against Parra is kept for another round. Poor form is rewarded? I've seen Flanagan hook a player during a game for not playing well!
There's no selection consistency at the Dragons
You can only suspect that the coach is too close to established players & doesn't want to rock the boat because the first sacking might create the domino effect - so the hierarchy sticks tight with the status quo.
A lot of heads might roll??

Latest posts