What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack De Belin

Tiger05

First Grade
I just posted how he resigned with minimal fuss. Let's see how our guys play the game.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
saw Hillbilly Woods on NRL360...
He said the "Big 4" wont sign until they see who will be coach in 2018 and which direction the club is heading in.

Tiger05

First Grade
I reckon that is typical coming from our club. I don't reckon it's fair at all. So much for Woods being a Tiger through and through. Either stay or go. We shouldn't be paying overs for juniors that we have given plenty of chances and support too.

I'd sign other players if these guys are going to play games. If we have money left over no problems. If not bad luck. The club shouldn't be held to ransom to players ever again.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I reckon that is typical coming from our club. I don't reckon it's fair at all. So much for Woods being a Tiger through and through. Either stay or go. We shouldn't be paying overs for juniors that we have given plenty of chances and support too.

I'd sign other players if these guys are going to play games. If we have money left over no problems. If not bad luck. The club shouldn't be held to ransom to players ever again.
The soft cock spoilt pricks can all f**k off !

Who the f**k do they think they r thinking they can force the club to sign the coach who submits to these clowns.These pricks are acting like concord is a leisure centre.R they also going to personally pay Taylor's salary.Talk about the tail wagging the dog !

Tiger05

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ing-west-tigers-big-four-20170313-guxa5k.html

Here we go.

I completely agree with you Tiger Ted. Woods should also be stripped of the captaincy. Our captain is stating that he needs to know who the coach is and we won't sign until it's all finalised and we know the club is going well. We don't want people like that at the club. He should simply piss off.

I reckon they will all sign anyway. I reckon we will pay overs.

How good would it have been if he said "we all want to stay because we love the club and I am sure that I will get a deal done and I hope all the other guys do as well".

Instead we get this crap.

This is what De Bellin stated.

"It was a pretty easy decision for me. I've been here for a long time now. I love the club and I love living in Wollongong so it's a great honour to be able to re-sign with the Dragons for another three years," de Belin said.

"I've been here for honestly that long now - it's going on 10 years pretty soon. I obviously wanted to stay, and at the same time you want to test your value and see where you're at, but as I said, it was a pretty easy decision and I didn't even bother to do that.

"I just got the contract out of the way so I could focus on playing some good footy and have a good year with the Dragons."

Clifferd

Coach
It's all media beat up tbh. Every player at every club will say it's an easy decision, itsbalmost as if interviews are scripted to say the same thing

If Tedesco got re-signed by us you can bet your bottom dollar the same "it was an easy decision in the end" will come out

What woodsy said last night is a tad concerning but

Tiger05

First Grade
Clifferd - why don't they just sign ? I'm positive they are being offered good contracts.

Clifferd

Coach
Not sure - but you'd like to think they would want to be loyal to the very club that gave them a shot at 1st grade in the first place

Loyalty is hard to find these days it seems

All this contract talk should be done in the Fkin off season anyway. It's bullshit it gets dragged along all season

I'm going to be 100% honest I think their decisions will be based on how we are going at about round 10, I think they want success and it frustrates them being @ the Tigers and not playing finals footy

Would be an outstanding signing for your joint but I'd have to think it means letting go of someone else. I wonder who? Dragons would be willing to do a swap for Teddy I think.

We're notorious for paying ridiculous money to fringe first graders so we could probably part with a couple of pieces of deadwood and still afford Jack De Ripper.

EDIT: just saw the post announcing his resigning. Disappointing.

On the 4, it could mean either way... They may be happy to resign if JT stays on because the coaching stocks are thin out there, or they may want him gone before they put pen to paper.

As if you'd let that get out into the media though. It makes for gossip and now the media circus will continue and speculate about rifts between the players and coach. FMD do these merkins ever learn?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Woods shouldn't of said what he did. But at least it's honest talk - that's how all decent players assess whether they'll re-sign. That & money.

I don't buy into that 'loyalty is hard to find these days' thought.

A player tells the club that he's completely loyal, & will be signing no matter what. You know what the club is going to do? Give him the absolute bare minimum wage.

Players should do what's best for them first & foremost, because the club certainly won't do what's best for them.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Woods shouldn't of said what he did. But at least it's honest talk - that's how all decent players assess whether they'll re-sign. That & money.

I don't buy into that 'loyalty is hard to find these days' thought.

A player tells the club that he's completely loyal, & will be signing no matter what. You know what the club is going to do? Give him the absolute bare minimum wage.

Players should do what's best for them first & foremost, because the club certainly won't do what's best for them.
Case in point Robbie Farah & the undignified way this dysfunctional club dealt with him last yr!!!!

Tiger Ted

Bench
On the 4, it could mean either way... They may be happy to resign if JT stays on because the coaching stocks are thin out there, or they may want him gone before they put pen to paper.

As if you'd let that get out into the media though. It makes for gossip and now the media circus will continue and speculate about rifts between the players and coach. FMD do these merkins ever learn?
Charlatan I've got no doubt it's more the former as Taylor has defended to the hilt the over-rated overpaid under-delivering halves & has been outspoken in wanting these 2 softcocks to run the team at the expense of the one player @ this club u could always count on turning up & busting his gut for the entire match in Farah!

TheFrog

Coach
He said the "Big 4" wont sign until they see who will be coach in 2018 and which direction the club is heading in.

Sounds like something Wobbie might say. Perhaps his ghost lingers.

A player group apparently wanting to influence the running of the club is not a good sign. It was this sort of cancer that infested the Panthers a few years back leading to Luke Lewis being shown the door.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
A player group apparently wanting to influence the running of the club is not a good sign.

It's crap. We had Benji and Robbie who were always going to stay with us but wanted overs and now we have guys who aren't signing or showing any signs of wanting to be here.

simmo1

First Grade
You're all being a bit emotional here. I don't think there's a player in the game who would not be interested to know who their coach is going to be before putting pen to paper.

For what its worth, I think its a near certainty Woods will re-sign anyway.

Tiger05

First Grade
You're all being a bit emotional here. I don't think there's a player in the game who would not be interested to know who their coach is going to be before putting pen to paper.

I think they will all resign with us. My concern is that they appear to be wanting to push up their price as far as possible. The end result is a salary cap that is a mess and we can't attract any other players. Fair enough if we win the comp say 5 out of the next 10 years.

I don't know I think Manly are light up front and would be keen to lure him across.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I don't know I think Manly are light up front and would be keen to lure him across.
He was an avid manly fan throughout his youth & they did chase his signature hard b4 he committed to remaining with us re his current contract.Also he has a couple of ex team-mates in the manly pack in the bludger siro & the dopey idiot who unsurprisingly is currently suspended.