What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v's Stains

bluefox1968

Juniors
The problem with Taga's cameo, Latimores was better.
Latimore also seems to fit our game better.

Yes - I noticed that - he played a bit like Heighno - made metres without looking sensational - my point being 'metres are metres'...

You hold your breath every time Taga lines up for a run, because there's a 50/50 chance he'll drop it (slight exaggeration)...!

shaggs

Coach
Yes - I noticed that - he played a bit like Heighno - made metres without looking sensational - my point being 'metres are metres'...

You hold your breath every time Taga lines up for a run, because there's a 50/50 chance he'll drop it (slight exaggeration)...!
Latimore has always been the same. Even from when he first came to club as an 18 year old.
Nothing flashy. Gets the job done with limited fuss and limited mistakes.
Hard to get noticed as a youn bloke, but judging by the longevity of his career, he is the type of guy clubs want, to provide that professional no fuss activity.

Knew his role against Canberra and did it well. If he keeps going like that I can't see taga outing him.

coolumsharkie

Referee
So you have Boogs, Heigno and Latimore.

Only leaves one bench spot... Won't be Beale and it won't be Brown.

So Paulo until Seggy, if it ever happens.

Bakuya
Heigno
Latimore
Seggy

Now thats a bench.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Although that is essentially a pretty small bench cb4. You need one big bopper, and 2 impacting ruck type players and an all rounder

cb4

First Grade
Although that is essentially a pretty small bench cb4. You need one big bopper, and 2 impacting ruck type players and an all rounder

Whilst this is true, we essentially won a competition with this formula. We also beat Canberra Canberra and North Queensland in finals games with a bench of Beale, Bukuya, Heino and Capewell. Taga played limited minutes in the GF.

Keeping Lee on the wing?

Faaark

Yes. Despite the flaws in his game, Edrick Lee is a very talented winger. The bloke is in a new environment and a new city, with new weather conditions and new training styles.
This plays heavily on a players ability to adapt. Add to the fact, he is a quiet, shy natured individual.

Edrick is extremely talented, a natural try scorer and was on the cusp of Origin selection a few years back. He has now played with a Centre who had no confidence in tackling in round 1 and a centre thrown into a new position in round 2.
Once settled and a combination develops, I expect him to have a solid season.

cb4

First Grade
Is Val playing this weekend?
Hopefully. Probably.
I was told before the Broncos game that Parra was his likely return but wouldn't surprise me to see him back. maybe on the bench.

Latest posts