What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

jak

Bench
within the next few years a mill a year will be at the lower end of the halfback scale hunt will end up being a cheap investment. I said years ago we should have cloned billy smith

blacksafake

First Grade
I watched Bronco's play Panthers 2015 at pepper stadium and Hunt's kicking game was spot on and from memory I think that was under the coaching of Hook, Bennett came and maybe he stifled it , because he simple is not the same player , seems to lost his mojo a little. I think a change will do him well.
Possibly, word is he & Bennett are not getting on & i would not be surprised if some of them ex broncos have been giving it to him about that dropped catch? & if that's the case then a change is all he needs.

Hawkins

Juniors
Possibly, word is he & Bennett are not getting on & i would not be surprised if some of them ex broncos have been giving it to him about that dropped catch? & if that's the case then a change is all he needs.

I always thought that Bennett was classy how he never blamed Hunt for the dropped ball but maintained they lost the game because they played badly for 80 minutes and not because Hunt cannot catch.

Still it is fun to make dropped ball jokes about Hunt. Low hanging fruit

since77

Juniors
I always thought that Bennett was classy how he never blamed Hunt for the dropped ball but maintained they lost the game because they played badly for 80 minutes and not because Hunt cannot catch.

Still it is fun to make dropped ball jokes about Hunt. Low hanging fruit

Actually Brisbane lost that match because they stopped playing football after 60 minutes. They played very well for 3/4 of that game and all they had to do was more of the same. It's Bennett's fault they lost that game by instructing them to close the game down and defend for the last 20 minutes. Hunt dropping the ball was just the last dumb thing Brisbane did in the last quarter of that game.

Hawkins

Juniors
Actually Brisbane lost that match because they stopped playing football after 60 minutes. They played very well for 3/4 of that game and all they had to do was more of the same. It's Bennett's fault they lost that game by instructing them to close the game down and defend for the last 20 minutes. Hunt dropping the ball was just the last dumb thing Brisbane did in the last quarter of that game.

Sure but that was sort of my point, what I meant was Bennett didn't blame Hunt and I thought that was respectful of him.

No argument how good or bad the Broncos played that day I just felt bad for Hunt after that dropped ball.

Ben Hunt played really well last night.
It wasn't just his first half kicking game and try assists that were strong but what impressed me was his talking, energy and even line speed in defence.
Only real concern from last night is he obviously isn't a very good field goal expert which is a surprise as he generally takes the goal line drop outs.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Ben Hunt played really well last night.
It wasn't just his first half kicking game and try assists that were strong but what impressed me was his talking, energy and even line speed in defence.
Only real concern from last night is he obviously isn't a very good field goal expert which is a surprise as he generally takes the goal line drop outs.
I agree with you, he was probably the donkeys best last night. Some of his cover tackles were superb. Deft kicks in goal and great darts around the ruck.
I also wonder why though he is a reluctant field goal taker.
Even so I think that he and Widdop, if he stays, could be a great pairing. Would allow Widdop to play more a running 5/8 as to which he excels.

Dragsters

First Grade

Looks like uncle Wayne just won't learn.

It's like a broken record since that grand final.

The donkeys outplay the cows for 3/4 of the game, then they stop playing footy and JT manages to get them to golden point and more often than not slots it.

If the donkeys kept the foot down the cows looked cooked.

mickeylane

Bench
OMG ben Hunts try Tonite v Storm!!
What a gun!!!
Dragons we are in for many treats when this guy arrives..

JDHD

Juniors
Ben Hunt has to be the unluckiest bastard on the face of the earth. James Roberts knocks down a pass from Ryley Jacks, it bounces straight into Hunt's shoulder and then the ball takes a freakish bounce right into Addo-Carr's hands who only has to fall over to score (and Ben Hunt still somehow turned around to attempt a regather or tackle). Then, in typical fashion, Broncos fans tear him a new one and blame him for the loss despite their team conceding 13 penalties and 13 errors. He just can't catch a break.

St Georgio

Juniors
I have gone through a big problem to accept K.Walter as our next rookie coach, third time lucky with a Rookie.
B.Hunt + K.Walter + ?????+ ?????= Premierships!

BrissyRedV

Bench
Ben Hunt has to be the unluckiest bastard on the face of the earth. James Roberts knocks down a pass from Ryley Jacks, it bounces straight into Hunt's shoulder and then the ball takes a freakish bounce right into Addo-Carr's hands who only has to fall over to score (and Ben Hunt still somehow turned around to attempt a regather or tackle). Then, in typical fashion, Broncos fans tear him a new one and blame him for the loss despite their team conceding 13 penalties and 13 errors. He just can't catch a break.
They are fickle whinging merkins.

JDHD

Juniors
They are fickle whinging merkins.

I just don't understand how Hunt gets blasted but Milford gets a free pass. Milford dropped the ball cold three times tonight. Hunt conceded two penalties at the end but they were try-saving penalties, plus he scored the solo try that got them in front. And he saved a try with fifteen to go.

They must still be bitter about that grand final drop, but then, Darius Boyd dropped a kick off in extra time in the semi last year and no one's mentioned it since. Plus Gillet's trip.

I just feel really sorry for Hunt.

Latest posts