What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos NRL Matches Discussion + Voting

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I think against the top teams we need to take a gamble and go for tries. We just don't have the clutch players to seal these tight games and really we just play into the hands of guys like Thurston.

3. Hunt (his best game for probably over a year)
2. Gillett
1. Boyd

Nightward

Juniors
3. Hunt.
2. Milford.
1. Boyd.

Lack of size in the forwards bit again.At one stage they showed the metres gained after a tackle and the Cowboys had an extra 100 metres on us. Put that kind of performance together with a pack that can dominate the other team and it would have been a win, but...

Vaisefuder

Juniors
I think against the top teams we need to take a gamble and go for tries. We just don't have the clutch players to seal these tight games and really we just play into the hands of guys like Thurston.

3. Hunt (his best game for probably over a year)
2. Gillett
1. Boyd

Gillett missed half the game but he gets 2 points?

I thought Ese'ese was enormous off the bench, and probably our best forward.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Gillett missed half the game but he gets 2 points?

I thought Ese'ese was enormous off the bench, and probably our best forward.

No-one is stopping you from putting your votes in.

Gillett kept the best player in the world very quiet and if he could have stayed on we would have won that game.

I didn't realise how much work Esese managed to get through until I saw the stats and in hindsight deserved some points. He did make a very crucial error though.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
I only caught the 2nd half but overall it was a little disappointing to see Brisbane get so close but again bottle it in the clutch plays. That last kick from Milford did decide the outcome (a 7 tackle set to the Cowboys is going to see them in drop goal range against ANY team) but it wasn't far from being a well weighted kick. A bomb would have been the safer option in hindsight.

3. Hunt
2. Boyd
1. Milford

DeeJ

Bench
Annoying to lose that one to a piece of luck at the end.

3. Gillett
2. McCullough
1. Hunt

Nerd

Bench
Considering the penalty count was 13-7 to the Storm it was a pretty good effort. Hunt followed possibly his best kicking game ever with a fairly average one. He really has to get himself in a better position when receiving the ball so that every long range kick doesn't end up being a rushed midfield bomb. With the amount of ball we turned over and flogging we got in the penalties Melbourne should have put a much bigger score on us. Our defence seems to be in order we just need to hang onto the ball to win a few games. Oh and get a few 50/50 decisions go our way wouldn't hurt either.

3. Gillett
2. Oates
1. McGuire

League guru

Juniors
f**k Melbourne in every orifice. Loathe their play style. It's everything wrong with this game

A style that turns average players into world beaters. A Style that Wayne can't find an answer to. Bronks are just not good enough. 13-7 penalty count, thank Sims, Blair and co, no discipline.

Nightward

Juniors
Disappointing in a lot of regards, especially with discipline. The lack of size in the forwards is already starting to bite three games in and is only going to get worse as the bigger players from other clubs gain match fitness.

3. Gilett.
2. Milford.
1. Oates.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
blairs pushed pass a mcguires cold drop were where this one was lost. not to mention some woeful refereeing

renouf

Juniors
I don't get why they always let Melbourne/Cameron smith run riot, it was comical the number of sets Melbourne had inside our half. Same problems different year.

Bronco18

Juniors
I don't get why they always let Melbourne/Cameron smith run riot, it was comical the number of sets Melbourne had inside our half. Same problems different year.

A lot of dropped ball and silly penalties (some weird calls too, but they went for both sides tbh).

Nerd

Bench
Finally we win a close one. What's going on with Milford these last few weeks? I also think that teams have worked out that if they rush up in defence out wide it stops when Boyd sweeps around to make up an extra man.

3. Gillett
2. McCullough
1. Hunt
-2. Milford

Nightward

Juniors
What's going on with Milford these last few weeks?

I would be completely unsurprised if Benji Marshall was getting into his head and white-anting him in the hopes of getting a regular first-grade slot. I thought Hunt would be given an early release to go to the Dragons and Marshall would play most games but that hasn't happened; instead it seems like Milford is the more vulnerable of the two to mental games at the moment.

3. McCullough
2. Boyd
1. Kahu

Nerd

Bench
What we saw against the Dogs is the refusal of our halves to take on the line. As usual we got another kicking lesson from our opposition halves. Hunt is a great defender but that's not what he's in the team for. Maybe it's time to give Benji a run at halfback as surely his kicking game is superior to the drivel served up by Hunt again tonight.

3. Gillett
2. McCullough
1. Oates

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
What we saw against the Dogs is the refusal of our halves to take on the line. As usual we got another kicking lesson from our opposition halves. Hunt is a great defender but that's not what he's in the team for. Maybe it's time to give Benji a run at halfback as surely his kicking game is superior to the drivel served up by Hunt again tonight.

3. Gillett
2. McCullough
1. Oates

Milford needs a spell before Hunt I'm afraid.

Lots of disappointing things about that game. Totally dominated in the forward pack (we only had 2 forwards over 100m whereas Bulldogs had 6). Apparently because we are smaller we are supposed to be fitter but Kasiano made more runs then our starting props (Sims/Blair) combined. Klemmer made 22 runs for 266m ffs.

We were so boring in attack and honestly didn't look like scoring. 0 line breaks for the whole game.

The only good thing about our game at the moment is our on-line defence. But that can only take you so far.

I don't even know how to distribute points but I think Oates was our best player.

Latest posts