What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt

j0nesy

Bench
I just don't understand how Hunt gets blasted but Milford gets a free pass. Milford dropped the ball cold three times tonight. Hunt conceded two penalties at the end but they were try-saving penalties, plus he scored the solo try that got them in front. And he saved a try with fifteen to go.

They must still be bitter about that grand final drop, but then, Darius Boyd dropped a kick off in extra time in the semi last year and no one's mentioned it since. Plus Gillet's trip.

I just feel really sorry for Hunt.

Pay me a million for 6 months work and you can bag me or call me whatever you like.

possm

Coach
Hunt is a great buy however, we need a 6 and 1 to go with him. Mary needs to give prospective five-eighths a go now. Field, Dufty and Mann are the obvious players that should be given time at five-eighth this year. We already know what Widdop can do at five-eighth, so maybe its time to move him to 7 or to 1.

I'm of the opinion we will lose both Dugan and Widdop at the end of this season, if not before June 30, so 2017 needs to be a year of settling on a team for 2018 when Hunt arrives in 2018.

possm

Coach
Don't forget Drew Hutchison
I haven't forgotten Hutch however, he will have to compete with others for the 6 job. I doubt we could hold Field, Dufty, Mann and Hutch if we signed Bird. Hutch and Mann are off contract at the end of 2017.

BrissyRedV

Bench
I just don't understand how Hunt gets blasted but Milford gets a free pass. Milford dropped the ball cold three times tonight. Hunt conceded two penalties at the end but they were try-saving penalties, plus he scored the solo try that got them in front. And he saved a try with fifteen to go.

They must still be bitter about that grand final drop, but then, Darius Boyd dropped a kick off in extra time in the semi last year and no one's mentioned it since. Plus Gillet's trip.

I just feel really sorry for Hunt.
Broncos fans will be over critical of him purely because they are bitter over him leaving. Previously quality players never left the thoroughbreds.

blaza88z

Coach
Broncos fans will be over critical of him purely because they are bitter over him leaving. Previously quality players never left the thoroughbreds.

It's obvious that we see Milford as the brighter prospect, can't keep them all (especially when other clubs get desperate)

Old Timer

Coach
That's probably true. Unlike Wayne to make such an error in judgement.
Yet to be proven that he has in fact made an error.
In our busted system Hunt could hit rock bottom pretty easily.
Imagine Hunt comes, Widdop, Milne, Mann aren't there and Dufty leaves sooner rather than later (based on Field to FB talk by Millward), Leilua never hits the mark in 1st grade and we extend Nighty.
Hunt with Lafai, Aitken, Nighty outside him and Marketo or Matthews off the bench, yep a real winning combo that is.

blacksafake

First Grade
Imagine Hunt comes, Widdop, Milne, Mann aren't there and Dufty leaves sooner rather than later (based on Field to FB talk by Millward), Leilua never hits the mark in 1st grade and we extend Nighty.
Hunt with Lafai, Aitken, Nighty outside him and Marketo or Matthews off the bench, yep a real winning combo that is.
OT throw that crystal ball of yours out as you've just depressed me.
Especially after all the whispers of L plate being signed. :hushed:

Old Timer

Coach
OT throw that crystal ball of yours out as you've just depressed me.
Especially after all the whispers of L plate being signed. :hushed:
Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow and it is all just a bad dream.
Remember even if your depressed there will be enough shit written and predicted in here to at least put a smile on your face some of the time.

The Doc

Juniors
The fact marketo hasnt played first grade yet should give us all a small glimmer of hope lol
Mathews and Marketo getting resigned wouldnt bother me personally.
They will be depth and not bad players for depth.
Lafai, Nighty, and Mcrone.... them 3 should be sent packing.
They will not be any good, even as depth they will be a waste of money.
Widdop and Dugan intrigue me.
Iv lost faith in Widdop... out of the 2 id prefer Dugan.
But then... i think with Hunt here next year, Widdop and Hunt could be lethal.
But, Dugan playing from the back with less pressure as Hunt can and will direct the play, Dugan will go to another level hopefully.
But then, with widdop and Hunt in the halves, imagine adding J. Field to chime in from FB...
Thats got points written all over it...
But then again... if Mary is still coach, well that says it all doesnt it.

mickeylane

Bench
Hunt said one thing that he wanted when signing w the Dragons was a huge forward pack ! As soon as he knew the forward pack he was comfortable enough to sign.. I think we will sign one more top class big prop or back rower that's my tip along w a big backline player.. I expect WIDDOP will stay to form the Dragons most lethal scrum base since Barrett/Mundine..

possm

Coach
Widdop is asking big bucks and we really can't rely on him. I'd go for the following in order of preference:
Bird
Moses

Field out with a hamstring, Dufty looking ok in with Illawarra but I doubt he will be ready for first grade next year. He looks very small but tries his heart out.

JDHD

Juniors
Widdop is asking big bucks and we really can't rely on him. I'd go for the following in order of preference:
Bird
Moses

Field out with a hamstring, Dufty looking ok in with Illawarra but I doubt he will be ready for first grade next year. He looks very small but tries his heart out.

I dunno about Moses. For every try he scores or sets up, he lets two or three in. He's a freak with the ball but a liability without it.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
Look at how negative we have become, Bloody clubs fault, RUN BY A BUNCH CLOWNS.

Latest posts