What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Segeyaro Gate

Arnold

Juniors
If we are winning and Seggy is i. The team after all he has been through he will sit back and enjoy it.

I disagree with that.

No way in the world our club would go through that much effort and money for a 20-25 minute player

Before Brailey played two matches I'd agree with you Snoop. But the way Brailey has started the season I do see it panning out that way.

I think of course Brailey might tire at the back end and may need a rest but who knows how players will adjust to a first season in First Grade.

I really think Seggy will be the second hooker in the team to pick up back end minutes in a game and of course to be starting hooker if Brailey gets injured.

I think their combination will be awesome.

Quote from Flanno in today's paper. " I'm not naive in thinking Jayden will be able to play 80minutes for the 26 rounds, he's only young and will need support around him."

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Before Brailey played two matches I'd agree with you Snoop. But the way Brailey has started the season I do see it panning out that way.

I think of course Brailey might tire at the back end and may need a rest but who knows how players will adjust to a first season in First Grade.

I really think Seggy will be the second hooker in the team to pick up back end minutes in a game and of course to be starting hooker if Brailey gets injured.

I think their combination will be awesome.
Agree....can't think of another player who could be more destructive after 25-30 minutes than Seggy. Can and will be a deadly combination as Brailey continue to gain in confidence with more experience.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Wake up people
1) Brailey is going to be good but he is way too young and inexperienced to be the no. 1 hooker.
2) Flano will slot seg straight into hooker with Brailey coming off the bench - if at all.

The end
Think you're off the mark here Carch....Seggy will have far more impact off the bench than Brailey ever will. Seggy has never been an 80 minute player. Will be interesting to see how it pans out but nice problem to have. Might sound strange after only a couple of games but I see Brailey as having a slicker passing game than Seggy. This gives us the opportunity to get on top in the early battles before Seggy comes on to carve up the tired forwards.

carcharias

Immortal
Flano is the coach
He'll pick experience over youthful skill every day of the week.

I'm not saying he's right ( but he did win us a comp ) I'm just saying that's what he'll do.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Flano is the coach
He'll pick experience over youthful skill every day of the week.

I'm not saying he's right ( but he did win us a comp ) I'm just saying that's what he'll do.

2 games in ok but he's doing the job and handling the situation very well. I'd agree with you if this wasn't the case.

Anyway Seg will come off the bench, I'll have a carton on it.

shaggs

Coach
Some fullbacks can find the line too. And centres lately.

As for brailey. We all saw what happened to lichaa. Became a slow boring tackling shit passer. It's a long slog. Even for experienced old heads.

The club and flanno appear to be doing everything right and saying the right things to keep him confident and level headed.

Shorter stints should encourage him to build his tuning game. Playing 80, and doing 40 tackles will sap so much energy from a smaller young bloke that he won't run.

I think it's the right move. Whatever combo/sequence they use

They are both signed until the end of next season, the competition for the position is red hot.
Can only be good for our team.
May the best hooker win.

southland

Juniors
Brailey and Seggy > Brailey and Mortimer/Cherrigton/ Paulo/ Nu

the "and" is just something we live with this year post 80min Ennis.

Chimp

Juniors
Brailey for 25 mins - Segeyaro comes on for an explosive 15 mins to finish half...

Segeyaro for 1st 10 of 2nd half, Brailey returns at 50 mins, either replacing Seggy or Seggy to 13... If Seggy is replaced, he's back for the last 10, either replacing Brailey or at 13....

That's how I'd have it on paper, and then adapt dependent on what's happening.

If we just need cool, calm, crisp service, let Brailey have more minutes - if we need speed, tempo, or a bit of X-factor, give Seggy more minutes.

Before the last 2 games, Id have also favoured Seggy for games where we need steely defence - but actually, Brailey is a beast - snaps them in 2.

Latest posts