What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread II *Spoilers*

aussies1st

Staff member
Makes no sense to have Goldberg win, they have basically booked Lensar in for the win with the build up. Plus unless Goldberg retires after winning, it's going to look silly have him lose the title to anyone else.

WM looking bloody average, too many old guys coming back trying to make it look good when their time clearly is up.

Wooooooow!!!!

That Styles-Orton main event on SmackDown was epic!!!!

Shocked they gave that match for the first time away for free, Orton/Styles is the type of match that can headline a PPV. I loved the ending to the match, the obvious finish fake out, then the RKO out of no where.

Miz was $$$ again on Talking Smack, his program with Cena has been better than expected, to me Cena's shoot promos are by far his best (Miz is no slouch in that department either), and it seems like the story is going down those lines.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Shocked they gave that match for the first time away for free, Orton/Styles is the type of match that can headline a PPV. I loved the ending to the match, the obvious finish fake out, then the RKO out of no where.

Miz was $$$ again on Talking Smack, his program with Cena has been better than expected, to me Cena's shoot promos are by far his best (Miz is no slouch in that department either), and it seems like the story is going down those lines.

I'm glad they put it on SD - it was a brilliant match!

And Miz and Cena are extremely watchable right now.

Big Pete

Referee
Styles/Orton was handled a lot better than Styles/Harper. Both were phenomenal matches, but having the Wrestlemania qualifying match as a mid-card bout felt off, especially since it was designed to give Harper a rub. Meanwhile Styles/Orton received the attention it deserved and while both men are capable of better they certainly left people with wanting more. If you save the rematch until May and give fans that feeling of anticipation than they'll pay for it.

I hate to be that guy, but the Attitude Era showed everybody how it was done. A lot of their PPV matches were just rematches (Austin/Taker, HHH/Foley, HHH/Rock) but they never felt that way since they knew how to up the ante.

As for Wrestlemania, while it's shaping up to be a middle of the road show, I think we can all agree it's looking better than the previous two Wrestlemanias.

Big Pete

Referee
And Miz and Cena are extremely watchable right now.

I can't help but root for The Miz. Outside of the Ric Flair prodigy gimmick, he's usually taken everything that's been thrown at him and improved it ten-fold.

He's helped made Talking Smack into the best weekly television show as well. It reminds me of TNA Reaction, except it isn't burdened by terrible angles.

InFlames

Juniors
Wasn't nice to see Taker writhing in agony at the end of that raw. Had to take two attempts to stand up aswell..

Miz & Maryse's impression of John Cena & Nikki Bella - wow. It was funny, but a brutal put down at the same time, taking everything the internet has said negatively about the two and putting it into video packages.

Iafeta

Referee
This is the most terrible WM in history

Was it Wrestlemania 9 where Hogan goes "Let me tell you something brothers, Bret Hart brother you are going to do the job, and Yoko brother whatcha gonna do brother, when my 24 inch pythons come back from Hollywood to go over you and destroy your push brother... and then my little Hulkamaniacs, I'm going to Japan brother and, I'm gonna go wild on Japan brother and I'll even let them take my WWF title brothers so I can soothe my throbbing egos brother"

Or Wrestlemania 4, where it's a rubbish tournament, the only redeeming thing is Miss Elizabeth is so amazingly mind blowingingly hot as hell, and Randy Savage wins the WWF Title yet that stooge Hogan literally steals the moment at the end by posing down in the ring even though Savage won.

Or Wrestlemania 1. David freakin Sammartino. David!!! He was just about as bad as David Flair. What is it about sons called David????!!!! It should be illegal to name your son David because of these two losers.

Valheru

Coach
Was it Wrestlemania 9 where Hogan goes "Let me tell you something brothers, Bret Hart brother you are going to do the job, and Yoko brother whatcha gonna do brother, when my 24 inch pythons come back from Hollywood to go over you and destroy your push brother... and then my little Hulkamaniacs, I'm going to Japan brother and, I'm gonna go wild on Japan brother and I'll even let them take my WWF title brothers so I can soothe my throbbing egos brother"

Or Wrestlemania 4, where it's a rubbish tournament, the only redeeming thing is Miss Elizabeth is so amazingly mind blowingingly hot as hell, and Randy Savage wins the WWF Title yet that stooge Hogan literally steals the moment at the end by posing down in the ring even though Savage won.

Or Wrestlemania 1. David freakin Sammartino. David!!! He was just about as bad as David Flair. What is it about sons called David????!!!! It should be illegal to name your son David because of these two losers.

Mania 1 avoids all time worst for nostalgic reasons. You are right with 9 and 4, they are the bottom of the barrel.

11 is only one rung up with 2 and 15 not far ahead.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
This wrestlemania doesn't anything i'm honestly interested in, i'll still watch it and hope its a fantastic show, but the card doesn't scream much, Rollins being injured will hamper the HHH match, Brock vs Goldberg will be worse and quicker than WMXX , Taker vs Reigns will be horrible, I Hope the Raw Womens match, and Neville vs Aries can save the Event from the Raw side, Shane Vs AJ will be a spotfest, but AJ deserves so much better.

Big Pete

Referee
Typical nothing go-home show, it speaks volumes when a Zayn-Owens career match is an after-thought.

Raw is in rough shape, it feels like 1993 all over again except Vince refuses to give up on the Roman Empire.

Latest posts