What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Italy have gained RLEF full membership

Italian RL, ffs, their RU system is struggling big time. They should stop playing ru as well as RL.

Just have a club RL WC. And Kangaroos v Europe every other year. Scrap the NZ Warriors, replace them with the West Coast Pirates. Just have 2 international sides, Aus. and Europe.

langpark

First Grade
I was under the same illusion too. I thought the rebel organisation had given RL up and gone to RU. Why are the RLEF sanctioning a match involving an organisation they no longer recognise? Some strange goings on.
They didn't. Where did you hear that they did??

adamkungl

Immortal
Italian RL, ffs, their RU system is struggling big time. They should stop playing ru as well as RL.

Just have a club RL WC. And Kangaroos v Europe every other year. Scrap the NZ Warriors, replace them with the West Coast Pirates. Just have 2 international sides, Aus. and Europe.

Stop commenting in the International forum you loon.

adamkungl

Immortal
The italians rebels aligned themselves with union, that is why they are banned. They played against the same 'Greece' that was expelled from the RLEF last year. They cannot really play with anyone else.

So what is the official mob doing? What competitions do they run?
It's very hard to find any information on them or Italian RL in general.

jim_57

Staff member
So what is the official mob doing? What competitions do they run?
It's very hard to find any information on them or Italian RL in general.

Italy always seem to have been one of those nations it's hard to squeeze any info out of, second only to Russia.

In regards to the rebel organisation, very interesting that they are run by RU as a Rugby League competition. What would be in that for Union though? I guess the more RL played the better right?

adamkungl

Immortal
I'd like to see acceptable levels of public communication/information as a compulsory standard for Federation membership.

We have to cop teams without any local players in the World Cup for numerous good reasons, but we should at least be able to see that the local comp exists and follow progress.

siv

First Grade
I think the RLEF/RLIF needs to parashoot a administrator into Italy and call the two parties together and get them to sort out their differences

deluded pom?

Coach
I'd like to see acceptable levels of public communication/information as a compulsory standard for Federation membership.

We have to cop teams without any local players in the World Cup for numerous good reasons, but we should at least be able to see that the local comp exists and follow progress.
I asked about the lack of transparency on the TRL forum and was told to look at Facebook and that a new website is "coming soon". I don't do Facebook and I'm not a great fan of social media full stop. Is it too much to ask for a basic website, especially for full members of the RLEF, which reflects the situation in the relevant nation?

langpark

First Grade
I asked about the lack of transparency on the TRL forum and was told to look at Facebook and that a new website is "coming soon". I don't do Facebook and I'm not a great fan of social media full stop. Is it too much to ask for a basic website, especially for full members of the RLEF, which reflects the situation in the relevant nation?

For full members yes, I agree. But for the rest, most are volunteers with their hands constantly in their pockets, so facebook the perfect, quick (and most of all, FREE) solution.

deluded pom?

Coach
For full members yes, I agree. But for the rest, most are volunteers with their hands constantly in their pockets, so facebook the perfect, quick (and most of all, FREE) solution.
Plenty of other nations who haven't been around as long as Italy can manage a basic website. Take a look at the Canada website? And that's not a recent thing either. I take on board the comment about the cost but how much does it cost to run a basic website? I seriously don't have a clue how much it would be.

deluded pom?

Coach
The cost of a pint or two for the domain name/hosting per year...Then personal time to keep it upto date
So peanuts in actual money. From what I can gather the Italian domestic season only lasts a couple of months, four matches a week, six weeks then play offs.

Ari Gold

Bench
Italy always seem to have been one of those nations it's hard to squeeze any info out of, second only to Russia.

In regards to the rebel organisation, very interesting that they are run by RU as a Rugby League competition. What would be in that for Union though? I guess the more RL played the better right?

Check their Instagram or Twitter, their account is very active (daily postings). A quick browse over the last forenight shows me the Women's national team playing in Lebanon and the Italian domestic team which is currently playing in the French leagues.

Pretty impressive.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Check their Instagram or Twitter, their account is very active (daily postings). A quick browse over the last forenight shows me the Women's national team playing in Lebanon and the Italian domestic team which is currently playing in the French leagues.

Pretty impressive.
Yeh I get more from their twitter but it would be nice to get a good concise website so as fans we can see the progress in easy to reach terms

Ari Gold

Bench
Good news - 89 capped Italian rugby national Mirco Bergamasco has signed for the Saluzzo Roosters and looks set to debut against French side St Martin XIII.

Should be a good boost off the field for Saluzzo who are starting to become more competitive in the French league. Hopefully their success story leads the way for other Italian clubs to join the French competition as well.

I assume Mirco will be in WC squad now after debuting in the qualifiers last year.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Yeah but it's not like he's playing NRL/SL or even League 1 standard and if he gets picked for the wc side, it'll be more or less for the publicity.

Latest posts