What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
But the problem is who could we get???

It's not easy to just sign quality forwards!!!!

How would it affect Sam???

Based on the current output from the twins, we could sign someone like Fonua-Blake or Luciano Leilua on less money and get better value out of them, allowing money to be spread around the squad more. Possibly even use it to give someone like Chrichton a bit more to ensure he sticks around.

I wouldn't try getting rid of them just yet but if they don't improve soon then it's something that should be considered i believe.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Fonda-Blake and Leilua are nowhere near the class of the Burgi twins.

It'd be a step backwards signing players like that up.

So I completely disagree.

The twins haven't shown class since 2015. Leilua and fonua Blake are dirt cheap and are hard runners and hitters. Burgess' need to step up R20. As you say it is a business.

themacemaceman

Juniors

Aaron Woods is off contract and I read that he has not re-signed with the Tigers as he is waiting to see who the coach is. He was quoted as saying he did not want to spend three 3yrs with a coach he did not like. I'm not sure how he would know if he likes the coach unless he has already been coached by him......hmmm.

Travitoh

First Grade
Fonda-Blake and Leilua are nowhere near the class of the Burgi twins.

It'd be a step backwards signing players like that up.

So I completely disagree.

On current form they at worst break even with the twins.
Musgrove and Chricton have been far more impressive than the twins have in the past season and a bit. I'd be more concerned about them going as a result of the twins being overpaid

Travitoh

First Grade
Aaron Woods is off contract and I read that he has not re-signed with the Tigers as he is waiting to see who the coach is. He was quoted as saying he did not want to spend three 3yrs with a coach he did not like. I'm not sure how he would know if he likes the coach unless he has already been coached by him......hmmm.
I heard him say that on NRL360 and found it interesting. Is JT falling out of favour there?

DiegoNT

First Grade
I wouldn't read to much into woods talking about Jt. Rugby league is a small community, players talk especially the rep players so you know pretty much know what all the coaches are like. For example it's rumoured that one of the reasons Inglis came to us is that Hodges got in his ear about how shit Ivan Henjak was like as a coach

themacemaceman

Juniors
I heard him say that on NRL360 and found it interesting. Is JT falling out of favour there?
I think he's been out of favour there for sometime.
My brother spoke to a senior Wests Tigers player before the beginning of last season.
He ran into him in a pub at the rocks.
My brother , a tigers supporter asked him "what's the go with JT".
The player responded "mate we all $*@£ING hate him".
My brother was quite taken back by his candid response.
True story.

themacemaceman

Juniors
Gee Reynolds took some shots last.
It seems he was constantly picking himself up off the ground after being hit after kicking or passing.
We didn't seem to get any pressure like that on their kickers except for when Musgrove was penaltised.
For me it didn't look that bad either but probably the penalty came because Musgrove retailiated after the kicker retaliated.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
George gets a 2 week suspension with early guilty plea. Hymel hunt gets a 4 week suspension with an early guilty plea. Haven't heard anything regarding burns. Thought you guys would be interested.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Hymen hunt suspension is about right, It was a pretty bad swinging arm, totally unneeded.
George is very lucky to only get 2 weeks