What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers 3 2 1s

Valheru

Coach
Our best win since round 24 2015 with defence obviously being the positive. Just need to reduce those errors but at least this week they were mostly made at the right end of the field.

3 flash
2 cordner (what a man)
1 JWH - made a lot of crucial tackles to stop half breaks

Honourable mention to the rest of the forwards.

Fangs

Coach
Though seriously. Boyd Cordner was fantastic. And your halves looked more dangerous with the ball in hand.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Though seriously. Boyd Cordner was fantastic. And your halves looked more dangerous with the ball in hand.

Both sides were not at their best but it was still a good physical hard contest. I've always rated RCG for you guys, and he was fantastic tonight against us. Can see him wearing the blues Jersey sooner rather than later.

My points for us in this one are:

3 - Cordner
2 - Pearce
1 - Gordon

Was happy with our defence, think if we can get back to the defensive effort and standard of 13-15 then we'll be playing finals football for sure.

Still lots to work on but there's a cracking football side in us for sure.

Tommy Smith

Referee
We made 17 errors and yet still beat Penrith on their turf; conceding the one try.

That's an unbelievable effort and bodes well for when it all clicks.

Bad news for the Riff if they can't beat us when we make so many errors.

3. Pearce - best long kicking game in the comp
2. Cordner - his runs are immense
1. Toops - thought he was outstanding and is in career best form

H.H

Juniors
3 - Gordon
2 - JWH
1 - Cordner

Thought Pearce and Napa were tremendous too. Lattrell too actually, most seem to have missed his play in that last ditch try saver at the end.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
3. Cords.. just leading from the front every week
2. Pearce
1. JWH

Silly errors still killing us. Wasn't a win I thought we'd get though so its fair to say I was pretty happy.. especially with our defence

Lambretta

First Grade
Cordner
Gordon
Pearce

I thought we got lucky with some of the calls when I was at the game, but watching on review on Fox the next day, we were slightly less lucky than I thought on the night. Must have been the home crowd which influenced me!

Thank goodness forward passes aren't allowed to be ruled on by video refs!

Cordner was immense - he got us going forward more than once
Gordon shows what experience at the back does for you - he is class
Pearce controlled things well

Napa, Latrell, JWH & Toops also put in some very solid work.

adamkungl

Immortal
Having finally watched the highlights, the pass wasn't even forward. Flat ball. I retract all sympathy towards dopey Panthers fans.
Only in the game because they were handed 6 points via dud penalties.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
yeah for all the hype around it the pass sure as shit wasn't even the worst one in the game let alone the round.. borderline at worst.. and that's with the camera angle from behind not exactly helping things. is there actually a side on shot that anyone's aware of? or is Tony the tit keeping it for his private fapping collection....

3 points: Boyd Cordner. Showed why he should be a walk up start for NSW this year. Great all round game.

2 points: Michael Gordon. "Flash" is coming along nicely. Two tries, with one the result of some interesting soccer skills, and a cruncher of a tackle on Peachy to deny the Panthers a try at the death. Only thing, needs to work on his goal kicking. From what I can see, he seems to be placing the ball aimed towards the left hand upright too much, and that is where it winds up going, outside the left hand upright.

1 point: Latrell Mitchell. Scored a great try after he'd put Pearce away, and then killed off the Panthers attack right at the death after Peachy had offloaded.

bgood, no, there is no "side on" shot available that I'm aware of. If there was, the NRL would have used it when Archer made his pronouncement. Best shot would be a sky cam shot from above as they are usually the best as they have the least distortion .It's like all the Dragons fans who said Tony Martin scored off a forward pass in the 1999 GF based on the side on camers. When the skycam footage was shown months later, it definitively proved the pass was not forward.

Latest posts