What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Taylor has lost his job

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Probably stating the obvious like a fat burch to the face, but considering the amount of noise in the media surrounding the so called "big four" and Taylor's contract as well, that was a remarkably insipid performance to respond to that with. Canberra in Canberra is never gonna be easy, but you have to at least show a bit of heart if your coach that you're supposed to respect has had his feet to the fire for the past week. When the media were blathering on about Bennett losing the playing group, the Broncos came out and responded. I can't say the Tigpies have done the same this afternoon.

The personality war between Taylor and Farah hasn't helped matters, but you have to wonder if Farah's poison didn't really walk out the door with him, and instead just infected the other players.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He's certainly lost the plot lol. Tigers on paper are better than that, then again it has been a topsy Turvey start to the year.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Listen I'm not sure a lot can be drawn from that game. The tigers have become horrendous at defending size. Particularly on their edge. Both halves get no support out wide.

It takes time to overcome such a huge flaw. The amount of times they have allowed Josh papalii to get the ball with literally nobody in front of him the last three games is staggering.

I honestly think they need to ditch Brooks and put that money into some edge defenders

Heck just good edge players. Throw Whitehead and papalii into the tigers team and they are significantly more capable of holding us out Imo.

Clifferd

Coach
That sort of defense is something we've been having for years it's nothing new. However it seems to be getting worse, not better

Another major concern is we can't score points

Vozzy

Juniors
Even if Taylor is not the man for the job it's going to be hard to find the right person to do so like seriously. Holden cup 54-10 reserve grade 36-0 and 1st grade 46-6. Last week was similar to me this is beyond the coach this is a sign of players who are not tough enough for nrl standard. Few players show tia Tedasco Suaso Sue and Elijah Taylor but when you have Woods saying I want to see who our coach next year is like seriously the bloke worked harder sitting at the Fox table then on the football field today.

The Tigers defence was poor because their ball control was poor. I mean the Tigers had a 59% completion rate according to the NRL's website, and 16 handling errors. It is no surprise they then only had 45% possession and had to maike an extra 70 tackles than the Raiders. Once you give the other side that much ball, usually you are gonna crack as you get tired doing all that extra tackling.

Clifferd

Coach
The Tigers defence was poor because their ball control was poor. I mean the Tigers had a 59% completion rate according to the NRL's website, and 16 handling errors. It is no surprise they then only had 45% possession and had to maike an extra 70 tackles than the Raiders. Once you give the other side that much ball, usually you are gonna crack as you get tired doing all that extra tackling.

Agree. Not discrediting Raiders but we had a ton of the dropsies tioday. You give any side that much ball they will demolish you

Can't count how many times we dropped the ball on the 1st tackle or got bundled out on the first

rabbitohs95

Bench
If they sign a decent EXPERIENCED halfback and an aggressive big backrower they aren't going up the ladder anytime soon.

It's a crime they've been put to ransom by their younger players, absolute frauds. They should honestly move on and let them be someone else's problem.

Tiger5150

Bench
That sort of defense is something we've been having for years it's nothing new. However it seems to be getting worse, not better

Another major concern is we can't score points

Exactly, and who is ultimately responsible for both?

Tiger5150

Bench
Agree. Not discrediting Raiders but we had a ton of the dropsies tioday. You give any side that much ball they will demolish you

Can't count how many times we dropped the ball on the 1st tackle or got bundled out on the first

Agreed but the most shocking stat of the game is that Canberra were also crap having a completion rate in the 60s for most of the game. Canberra were poor and beat us by 40.