What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh FREAKING McCrone

Como Connection

First Grade
Im going out on a limb here...
Im calling it from now McCrone will be dropped for next weeks clash.
Field done his hammy this week... it will be Mann given the #7 jersey.
We all know mary is dumb...
But he isnt that dumb that he will play McCrone again next week.
He will name him in the team on tuesday, but McCrone wont play.
Nona might even be a chance... But it definetly wont be McCrone.
And expect Leilua to get a spot on the bench this week also.
Thats my tip for next weeks game.
Dragons 13+ put your house on it.
You never change a winning team.
CC

Mann needs to go in at 6 widdop 7.
I've been thinking the same. But maybe Widdop isn't getting moved to No.7 because he's going to be there next year? They don't want to rock the boat? Hunt at No7 and Widdop at No.6 would be nice. Any injuries would be covered by whom ever were sign, Mann, Field, Nona Hutch... Thoughts?

Life's Good

Coach
Would love for that to be true but I think McGregor sees McCrone as some sort of Jeff Robson. Difference is Robson is half decent with a level of footy smarts McCrone just doesn't possess.

Mann and Nona are the options.

Mary views Mann as a "utility" so don't feel he will be selected at 7. Nona has a small chance.

Widdop is not considered by Mary as a 7 so I fear we will be stuck with McCrone till 2018.

Drakon

Juniors
Mary won't drop McCrone - they won tonight.

Mann can't even get a run off the bench. I hope you enjoyed your stay at Mullaway On The Beach. Wishing you safe and interesting travels, Peter he gets paid his money anyway - he's earned it - week in and week out.

He is that dumb to play McCrone again. They won didn't they? And he won't change a winning team unless he has to due injury or suspension.

Leilua to bench. Maybe but I doubt it. Not saying it's not deserved.

kit66

Bench
What's Jamie Soward up to ? With a good kicking game we could have won that with a lot less stress and arguably kept them scoreless ( OK maybe 1 try ). Even our touch finders from penalties were atrocious, a penalty on our 20 and the touch finder gains us 3 metres, wtf.
I'd give Nona a shot, his long kicking game is a lot better than either Widdop or McCrone. His short kicking game would be an improvement also and his defence is solid.

P.S. no way will Mary change a winning team, this we know.

The team was forced to defend far more than they would have if Josh had a decent kicking game.

He may be a good defender, but he is a liability in attack. Might as well play McInnes as half and put Havili or Robson in at hooker. McInnes is no slower, is an excellent defender and a better kicker of the football.

Lets hope Mann/Nona get a run or perhaps Hutch late in the season as he has an excellent kicking game.

Dragsters

First Grade
The problem is that McGregor sees Widdop as a running 5/8 and the halfback he wants is one that steadies the ship - Mann and Field are attacking players but mCrone is simply atrocious....we cant keep going on like this - if Mcrone has to play he cant cant b allowed to kick...never!!! Widdop should be ok w Mcineess

Yeah coz 2 running halves ain't working very well for the rooters is it?

Oh wait...

Drakon

Juniors
What's Jamie Soward up to ? With a good kicking game we could have won that with a lot less stress and arguably kept them scoreless ( OK maybe 1 try ). Even our touch finders from penalties were atrocious, a penalty on our 20 and the touch finder gains us 3 metres, wtf.
I'd give Nona a shot, his long kicking game is a lot better than either Widdop or McCrone. His short kicking game would be an improvement also and his defence is solid.

P.S. no way will Mary change a winning team, this we know.
Hey don't exaggerate Kit, it was a 2metre gain! LOL

Dragsters

First Grade
I would rather have two five eighths line up for us, one of them being an untried rookie and the other apparently "not being able to to play his natural game without an organising halfback".. than have a number 7 who consistently makes costly mistakes and diabolical errors in judgement.
I never want to see McCrone's face again, he is not first grade standard. This hundred and whatever game veteran bullshit argument doesn't work, the coach needs to stop riding off the few games he played for Country back in 1975. Drop him before he single handedly costs us a game.

Back to bench hooker in the reggies me thinks.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Mc Crone was worst on field tonight. Kicking game was more off than on. We really lack an organizer. If we had Malone we would have smashed the sharks. On top off that we put no pressure at all on sharks kickers. We were the better team tonight but our kicking game and no pressure on opposition kickers is a real worry. Give MANN a shot!

Bench
We all agree Mccrone needs to go, but we are logical thinkers, Mary is an illogical thinker and that is the end of the story.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I would have given Mann first shot at the number 7 jersey. I think he would add something to us. I hope that Mary gives him a shot. But because we won tonight, Mary may keep Mcrone in for next week.

Mcrone is not a first grade standard halfback, fullstop.

I would still be giving Milne one of the center positions.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I said the same thing several times during the game. Needs to go. A letterbox would do a better job than him.

Agree brissyredv
I think that josh is playing as well as he can.
Unfortunately he just doesn't have the skills or the ability.
It not his fault that McGregor picks him ever week.
Mary give mann a go.
If not give nona a go he has played well for illawarra expecially the last two weeks.
I would put young field in there but unfortunately he went of yesterday with a hammy and didn't come back.
Not sure how bad it is or not but must be it doubt for this week at least.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I've been thinking the same. But maybe Widdop isn't getting moved to No.7 because he's going to be there next year? They don't want to rock the boat? Hunt at No7 and Widdop at No.6 would be nice. Any injuries would be covered by whom ever were sign, Mann, Field, Nona Hutch... Thoughts?

Pat
Field will definitely be there as he has signed till 2019.
But nona hutch and mann are of contract.
Can't see them all staying.
Expecially mann.

Last edited:

BennyV

Referee
I think the only part of the above that you got correct is that we will beat the Warriors. Mary is 100% that dumb, if he didn't make any changes after getting pumped by Parra last week then he isn't going to change a winning team, no matter how shaken.

For the second week in a row, Mary has left an underperforming player on the field while Mann sits on the bench. Wouldn't surprise me if Mann gets dropped all together from here.

Latest posts