What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla game round 3

Drakon

Juniors
Equal second on the table. Gotta be happy with that!

I thought:-
JDB 3
Vaughan 2
Packer 1

Did anyone notice Packer telling the boys how it is while behind the goal line and Widdop quiet and not saying anything?

Honourable mentions to McInnes, Aitken, Ah Mau, Dugan and Frizz

McDonald really needs to get his wing play sorted out in defence!

Great commitment, effort and passion.

Am unsure whether Josh McCrone's kicking game was always this poor or whether Cronulla pressured him in to all those bad kicks.

Will watch replay again tomorrow before pronouncing him the all time worst half the wear the big red V.

Forwards take a bow !! Super effort.

Duges/McDonald/Aitken played well. Widdop was ordinary. McCrone very poor inside the Cronulla half.

Lafai played ok. Not outstanding but not woeful. Flo gave it his all.

Am going to wake up tomorrow morning a happy man !!!!

Drakon

Juniors
You did what I did but then I noticed the Roosters are 3 from 3 - on 6 points, we're on 4. The same for and against threw me.
Thank you for your classy correction! I do stand corrected. Maybe some wishful thinking on my behalf.

3rd is still good though.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Agreed.

But I can't stop thinking about how good we could be with a couple of replacements namely Mann and Milne and good use of the bench.

Agree Dragsters
How would you feel being kurt mann last week 18th man no game time.
This week getting splinters on the bench.
Then when we need him he will have no match fitness.

jeffdragon

Bench
Vaughn,Packer Ah mau, jack, duges were great ,
I thought lafai was good and strong running the ball and defensively
Mccrones kicking was poor but made a couple of vital tackles on lee in the first half and leutele in the second half
We won be happy not critical
We have come away from that hole of a ground without less than a win many times before

Drakon

Juniors
Great commitment, effort and passion.

Am unsure whether Josh McCrone's kicking game was always this poor or whether Cronulla pressured him in to all those bad kicks.

Will watch replay again tomorrow before pronouncing him the all time worst half the wear the big red V.

Forwards take a bow !! Super effort.

Duges/McDonald/Aitken played well. Widdop was ordinary. McCrone very poor inside the Cronulla half.

Lafai played ok. Not outstanding but not woeful. Flo gave it his all.

Am going to wake up tomorrow morning a happy man !!!!
Mostly agree with your comments. I didn't think McDonald played well. I wish I could say he did. He didn't help Aitken last week in defence and it was poor again tonight also although Aitken was better. Not perfect but much better.

Thought Widdop was OK. Not as good as last 2 weeks but OK.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Precisely ............... why was Field dropped from the bench?

Cause we have McIdiot masquerading as a coach with his understudy McError butchering halfback duties.

Agree old Kogarah Boy
But Field hurt his hammy in the illawarra game and didn't come back on.
So fingers crossed he ok for next week.
Nona had a great game and had a good game against parra he would definitely add to the kicking game.
I would rate his the best in the club.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Ground out a tough win...well done boys......kicking game as per usual was well below par...I'll take the 2 points but jeez I am tense whenever I watch our blokes now just dont have the confidence like I used to.......Mcdonald did some good things at times but his hands worry me and he seems to miss judge a lot of those spiralling passes from the opposition......hopefully the more time he spends with his new team the better he will fit

Tuddy

Juniors
I'm growing to love this current group of players, win lose or draw. McInnes and Vaughan have been great additions and have really changed the way we move up the field. There's still a lot of one out stuff and personally I'd like to see a few more passes, but overall we look pretty good. Just need to get rid of any one who tends to be McProne to errors or anyone who could make us look like a Lafaing stock and I reckon we'll do ok this year.

Also, can't believe Mann didn't get a run today, I would be filthy if I was him. Who could blame him if he left as clearly McGregor has no idea. How many other coaches didn't use all their replacements this round I wonder.

SaintPauli

Juniors

JDB 3
Vaughan 2
Packer 1

Did anyone notice Packer telling the boys how it is while behind the goal line and Widdop quiet and not saying anything?

Packer is a leader and we'll respected by all. Players do look up to him. Good to see this awesome turn around with this kid.

JDB 3
DUGAN 2
Packer and Vaughan 1

Uplifting

Juniors
JDB was good again. Excellent in defence and attack.

Vaughan with made good hitups again, and Packer punishing in defence.

The entire pack played well. McInness very good again. Host doesn't look absolutely ready yet - still doing his apprenticeship - I'd like Luc to get his chance next week.

Btw, I'm a fan of McDonald. He's very effective. He had to go for the intercept a few times simply because of the impeding overlap.

We just need some other slick backs playing FG and we have a good team.

Kicking game was a bit off too often this week.

Bench

JDB 3
Vaughan 2
Packer 1

Packer has been one of our best and I did see him talking up the players. I think he should be offered co captain. Mary won't take away the capitancy from Widdop.