What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 3 vs Raiders @ GIO Stadium Canberra

Who will win? Round 3: Raiders v Wests Tigers

• Canberra Raiders 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clifferd

Coach
The only positive is....well there is no positives

We play a clinical Melbourne team next week lol

Tiger Ted

Bench
The only positive from today was that I just logged into my Luxbet account and found out that I accidently but 2 bets on the raiders -8 instead of 1
Geez that was easy money & to think that on Thursday arvo Canberra were $2 @ the -8.5 & we were $1.80 @ +8.5Who in there right mind would back us @ with that measly start.Actually come to think about it Tim 'stupid' Simona would !!

Well this is going to be a long winter. Be interesting to see what excuses Taylor comes up with today. I'd inform him now his services aren't required any longer. I'd immediately offer Cleary whatever is needed to get him here.

For the rest of the year we need to restructure our starting line up and bench rotation so that it differs to what we currently have that has so far let in 6 tries in the last 5 mins of each half. I also think that Tedesco is being used way too much in attack to the point where the opposition have 2 players watching him the whole time. We'd be better off using him as a decoy right now. You would think that a professional team would have some of these plays in their kit bag for this type of situation............ Makes you wonder what these people are doing at training.

Pay Tedesco anything up to $1mil as he's clearly the best we have by far. Set realistic targets for the rest. The cap will be about $10mil next year. Woods $600K. Moses and Brooks no more than $350 each. I'd rather have money left over that can be put aside to nab players mid season. To be honest with this team I would love to put everyone on an incentive contract. 30% and the other 70% on performance. You get the full 70% for winning the comp, 60% for making the GF 50% top 4, and 25% the 8. If they can't make the eight then they go hungry.

We are currently coming last and I can't see that changing anytime soon

Tiger Ted

Bench
Well this is going to be a long winter. Be interesting to see what excuses Taylor comes up with today. I'd inform him now his services aren't required any longer. I'd immediately offer Cleary whatever is needed to get him here.

For the rest of the year we need to restructure our starting line up and bench rotation so that it differs to what we currently have that has so far let in 6 tries in the last 5 mins of each half. I also think that Tedesco is being used way too much in attack to the point where the opposition have 2 players watching him the whole time. We'd be better off using him as a decoy right now. You would think that a professional team would have some of these plays in their kit bag for this type of situation............ Makes you wonder what these people are doing at training.

Pay Tedesco anything up to $1mil as he's clearly the best we have by far. Set realistic targets for the rest. The cap will be about $10mil next year. Woods $600K. Moses and Brooks no more than $350 each. I'd rather have money left over that can be put aside to nab players mid season. To be honest with this team I would love to put everyone on an incentive contract. 30% and the other 70% on performance. You get the full 70% for winning the comp, 60% for making the GF 50% top 4, and 25% the 8. If they can't make the eight then they go hungry.

We are currently coming last and I can't see that changing anytime soon
Ur way to generous.The inept halves r not worth even 350k coz they r perpetual speed humps have no f**king basic understanding about who to mark up on in defence, they have abominable kicking games & neither can b relied upon to steer the team around competently.

Woods isn't worth $1 > 450k.

I'd b also approaching Kev Walters & Toovey.Obviously Cleary would have favouritism ONLY if his son came with him !

Front-Rower

First Grade
To me, today it looked like Brooks had no idea what was going on. Some of those early passes to Lawrence looked to be last minute decisions because he didn't know what else to do.

It was like Brooks was that ring in player whose first interaction with the team is 5 mintues before they run out.

Tiger Ted

Bench
To me, today it looked like Brooks had no idea what was going on. Some of those early passes to Lawrence looked to be last minute decisions because he didn't know what else to do.

It was like Brooks was that ring in player whose first interaction with the team is 5 mintues before they run out.
Totally agree.Dumb footy is par for the course for this gump.Weve copped 3 yrs of dysfunctional brain deadening garbage from this imbecile.To top it of ive never seen a more timid & pathetic defender play the game.

U can just imagine that this gump & his dickhead manager would asking for more money than what Corey Norman is on !!

Tiger05

First Grade
We need some big changes. Taylor is a dud coach and has to go but our squad needs tough decisions to be made.

We have some players that we can rely on. Woods, Nofo, Ava, Grant, Aloiai and Sue are all decent players that we should retain on the right dollars. These guys are probably worth $300k + per year but no more. If they leave the club for more than that it is a positive for us.

Then we have our halves. The real question is should we bother with them. I think they are both worth the risk on the same sort of money as the players listed above.

Then we have Tedesco who is worth really good money but we shouldn't pay him like he is Thurston or something similar. We really need to keep him but not at the cost of screwing us over ala Robbie.

Then we need to go to market with a war chest of dollars and get some backrowers and centres especially. We need two gun wingers as well. Nofo at a fair price is a great option but we need someone on the other side. Suli is probably okay there or in the centres.

The big change that needs to happen is that we need to pay these guys what they are worth and not buy into BS like the big 4. The big 4 can be the big 4 when they win us competitions not fall apart in games like today.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Then we need to go to market with a war chest of dollars and get some backrowers and centres especially.

We also need hardened front rowers who hurt and stand over the opposition. As much as I like Ava, he is a good bench player and would relish coming on after two pigs up front have belted their opponents. Not only that, it may help the halves by opening up some space for them.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Totally agree.Dumb footy is par for the course for this gump.Weve copped 3 yrs of dysfunctional brain deadening garbage from this imbecile.To top it of ive never seen a more timid & pathetic defender play the game.

U can just imagine that this gump & his dickhead manager would asking for more money than what Corey Norman is on !!

The next Andrew Johns..lol
Who was the goose that first mentioned this.
The guy never looks interested and cant tackle either.
Let the guy loose...no contract for you Lukey.

Tiger Ted

Bench
We also need hardened front rowers who hurt and stand over the opposition. As much as I like Ava, he is a good bench player and would relish coming on after two pigs up front have belted their opponents. Not only that, it may help the halves by opening up some space for them.
Where the heck r the blocker roach clones & a les Boyd & Gareth Ellis clone in the backrow.Id play halfback for nothing with those 3 in the pack

Shredder

Juniors
How much more of a risk are we going to take on halves that already have more than 50 FG games under their belts?

I reckon you were right 05 when you said they were duds - they are. They are so inconsistent that they are a liability.

We will never win the comp with both of those two in the team - I hope Im wrong, but I said it.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Where the heck r the blocker roach clones & a les Boyd & Gareth Ellis clone in the backrow.Id play halfback for nothing with those 3 in the pack

Now your talking Boyd and Ellis...Now thats scary..
We have zero forwards that scare any opposition.
I could never understand how Hillbilly gets to play SOO....must be a Daley favourite..
And as much as Lawrence seems to be a nice guy,hes no second rower.....
We trot out Lovett and Edwards today.seriouslyyyyyy.dont we have any better options?...the rot set in before a ball was kicked.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The next Andrew Johns..lol
Who was the goose that first mentioned this.
The guy never looks interested and cant tackle either.
Let the guy loose...no contract for you Lukey.
It's been pissing me of big time for ages re how lifeless & unenthusiastic this overpaid fraudster always looks.Its beyond belief that someone so incompetent in a key position can hold a 1st grade gig for so long.

Only at this f**king club which holds nobody accountable for there performance .This club is a train wreck ! From the board to the players nobody has shown they r adept at fulfilling their job duties !!

A quote from Cholla,leader of the Black Widows motorcycle gang from the Clint Eastwood movie always comes to mind after another inept performance like today.
"Why me lord?you made other men out of clay,mine...you made out of shit..!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
17353138_720270294817596_7006011212699357524_n.jpg