What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An open letter to the Wests Tigers board

magpie4ever

First Grade
And we let Blake Austin go to sign the 6 and 7 to fairly big contracts for kids with minimal to no NRL experience

Can someone explain that?.

simmo1

First Grade
I don't think its as simple as just 'getting Toovey/Cleary' to come coach us. Why would they want to? They have to actually want to do the job. Both were axed (IMO unfairly) from their previous clubs, so why would they come to a club that is now looking at sacking their third coach in a row, and is at least 2-3 seasons off being top 8 quality? Why put yourself through it again?

The club has had the same issues with defence and consistency since long before JT was here. I don't think sacking him will solve our problems. There are some much worse options out there than Taylor.

This team always seems to blame external reasons for its poor results.Truth is if you don't run and tackle hard plus play smart you are more likely going to lose.

Tiger05

First Grade
That last line. At least Melbourne had a win.

Piss off Taylor.

That article was spot on. Our big 4 really need to sign on fair wages or go and we shouldn't be paying them overs. They aren't winning us games and they aren't performing. Tedesco can get a good contract but the other 3 should be offered minimal contracts. If they go that is a positive.

Brooks and Moses had all last year to sign with us but want to get what they are worth. I think we should give them what they are worth. The problem for them is it's not much. Then give Woods a decent props salary. Don't pay Woods marquee player money or anything close to it. If they can get better elsewhere see you later.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I'm not referringto the article as a whole, just that last line.

It sums up Taylor's attitude. He doesn't give a shit, he knows he's a dud coach and this will be his last top grade year so he's just flippantly bumbling along.

Tiger Ted

Bench
A large percentage of the problems can be fixed by appointing Todd Payten as coach for 2018.
R u for real !

They r going to all of a sudden defend stoutly play with intelligence & fight to the death when it's a tough close game just because Payten who apparently the fraudsters (ur luv child the no.6 & the pathetic no.7)prefer as the coach becomes the coach.

What the f**k has Payten achieved as an nrl coach that u r so enamoured in?

This club has got to make decisions that r detached from emotion & that give this club the greatest chance to get out of the horrendous predicament they r in.This means steering well clear of someone who may have developed partiality towards certain players & vice versa from prior involvement with the club.

I have no problem for payten to coach these fraudsters but somewhere else maybe in park footy where these over-rated pansies belong.

It's time for this club to initiate talks with Hasler Toovey Kev Walters & Cleary & to suspend negotiating with the deluded player manager of the fraudsters.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Anyone else find Woods' performance a bit suss, after saying what he did during the week

No impact at all, & couldn't wait to pass

Clifferd

Coach
All 3 grades have a combined score of 34-260 in the last 2 weeks. Scoring less than 6 points per game & conceding over 43 points per game.

Clifferd

Coach
Anyone else find Woods' performance a bit suss, after saying what he did during the week

No impact at all, & couldn't wait to pass

He was shockingly poor, and the attitude from him carries onto the rest of the team which simply couldn't give a f**k about the jersey

Concede 1 try and this peaheart team loses the plot and it's all downhill from there

simmo05

Bench
Just read the smh article, maybe johns should just stop saying every young bloke who comes through is going to play origin? Fair dinkum he says it about every single player.

WT Unity

Juniors
I would just like to state here that this is the last time I will use the term "Big 4". With the exception of Teddy none of the others (Woods, Brooks or Moses) deserve to be categorized that way. The term was appropriate when describing Slater, Inglis, Cronk and Smith at Melbourne, however, it does not apply and it is ridiculous to think it has taken hold in the media, in terms of it being a reference to (in particular) Brooks & Moses. I saw another post suggesting the club withdraw any offers to Brooks and Moses and the article referred to in this post from the SMH states a similar course of events, but in my opinion, the club management should come out immediately and PUBLICLY state that they have ceased negotiations until mid-season as they need to see some consistent performances and considerable improvement. This is a negotiating tactic - Yes....But it will put the ball back in the court of the under-performing players with over-inflated opinions of themselves (that their manager shares) to perform or else they know they will rapidly lose contract value. It's all about supply and demand and IMO if their current club was to be "not so fussed" to re-sign them and the prospect of both of them ending up on the open market was looking likely to become a reality, then their value would start to diminish rapidly. From there the club could look at potentially look at luring a replacement. I would hope the club has considered sounding out Hasler based on reports that keep surfacing that all is not rosey at Belmore. He could bring Reynolds with him as far as I am concerned and keep whichever of Brooks and Moses he sees as being the best fit in terms of a halves pairing. We should also offer to give him carte blanche to do as he sees fit to turn the mediocrity (and that term may actually be praise too high) into tenacity, grit, toughness and professionalism. We should offer the power of recruitment, hiring and firing of current players, he can bring his own staff and re-build from this current appalling mess!

God-King Dean

Immortal
I saw another post suggesting the club withdraw any offers to Brooks and Moses and the article referred to in this post from the SMH states a similar course of events, but in my opinion, the club management should come out immediately and PUBLICLY state that they have ceased negotiations until mid-season as they need to see some consistent performances and considerable improvement. This is a negotiating tactic - Yes....But it will put the ball back in the court of the under-performing players with over-inflated opinions of themselves (that their manager shares) to perform or else they know they will rapidly lose contract value

Couldn't agree with this more.

Would put them on notice that they don't run the club.

Clifferd

Coach
Looks like this letter worked

Taylor set to be sacked, replaced by either Payten or Cleary (please be him)

Latest posts