What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we need to recruit in 2018?

Clifferd

Coach
Quote from Woodsy "The young guys just don't give a shit" from a reliable source.

Not here to shit talk, just here to pass information. Take it or leave it.

And imagine if we had Bellamy as a coach they would be belted into submission & probably not play nrl again this year

But because we have a piss weak park footy coach he will take it on the chin and just pray things improve next week

Clifferd

Coach
I reckon I could put more effort into the jersey then some of these f**king bludgers out there and I haven't played league in a good 4 years

JT I'm waiting for the call up

WT Unity

Juniors
I saw an article that brooks is a done deal for the dogs.
Well so be it!
If that is true then the rumours that they (The Dogs) are not offering Reynolds a big deal means we should jump on Reynolds ASAP. Go after him hard and let Moses and his Manager know it...maybe that might make them a bit keener to put pen to paper. I think Reynolds with his fiery competitiveness could be just what the Doctor ordered. In fact a Moses / Reynolds partnership might just be very good!

Tiger Ted

Bench
I saw an article that brooks is a done deal for the dogs.
Geez I so hope it becomes reality.

Only problem is the moronic coach hasn't got the balls to drop the biggest hoax currently playing in the nrl !!

It'd b great if we could also swap coaches with the dogs.

Well so be it!
If that is true then the rumours that they (The Dogs) are not offering Reynolds a big deal means we should jump on Reynolds ASAP. Go after him hard and let Moses and his Manager know it...maybe that might make them a bit keener to put pen to paper. I think Reynolds with his fiery competitiveness could be just what the Doctor ordered. In fact a Moses / Reynolds partnership might just be very good!

I think we need a bit of merkin in our side like Reynolds, but just not him. He's a competitor and hard nosed but he lacks what we need in a half. We need a merkin front rower like JWH.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I bumped into Josh Hodgson last Thursday and was speaking to him about the upcoming game. He was quite animated and said that we were really just plodders in the forwards and Canberra had the size and power to get over the top of our forwards. He said there was not one player in our side that Canberra would want over those in their team and you know, he is spot on. Who from our team would make the Canberra top side...Teddy at a pinch but Wighton out played him on the weekend.

We need to sign several dynamic forwards that can play a power game. Woods does make yards but gee he is slow. I reckon we are nearly at the point where we cut loose those we are paying overs and bring in some power to our team. We have never had a pack that put fear into oppositions. I remember a few years ago we had Taupau, Gavet, Ave and Sue on our bench....nice. Look what we had yesterday for out bench.

Players like Paulo etc can't be that expensive but geezus they take the ball up hard. Get a couple of guys like him and then we can afford the likes of a SOO/international to top up the pack.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I reckon I could put more effort into the jersey then some of these f**king bludgers out there and I haven't played league in a good 4 years

JT I'm waiting for the call up

Ok.
You can have any jersey except #1...Name your poison.
See you at training Tuesday morning..
I'm applying for the recruitment job..Happy to take 120k a year ..lol

Tiger Woody

Juniors
I bumped into Josh Hodgson last Thursday and was speaking to him about the upcoming game. He was quite animated and said that we were really just plodders in the forwards and Canberra had the size and power to get over the top of our forwards. He said there was not one player in our side that Canberra would want over those in their team and you know, he is spot on. Who from our team would make the Canberra top side...Teddy at a pinch but Wighton out played him on the weekend.

We need to sign several dynamic forwards that can play a power game. Woods does make yards but gee he is slow. I reckon we are nearly at the point where we cut loose those we are paying overs and bring in some power to our team. We have never had a pack that put fear into oppositions. I remember a few years ago we had Taupau, Gavet, Ave and Sue on our bench....nice. Look what we had yesterday for out bench.

Players like Paulo etc can't be that expensive but geezus they take the ball up hard. Get a couple of guys like him and then we can afford the likes of a SOO/international to top up the pack.

Its a pity people say every time we lose that Tedesco "was outplayed"
Not his fault...He never dogs it ever....Hes a class act and the media love him when we win,but jump on him if we lose....Hes not a messiah or a god.
How would anyone be scared of Woods......a plodder....
Just look at the guys appearance,he has no respect for himself...Living in a time warp.Not a great person to look up to as a captain.How this guy gets picked for origin is beyond me.
We really need a hard edged captain and coach....At least Robbie hated losing and never gave up.He must be laughing his head off at us now....Woods sits at press conferences looking like a zombie.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Not his fault...He never dogs it ever....Hes a class act and the media love him when we win,but jump on him if we lose....Hes not a messiah or a god.
Just look at the guys appearance,he has no respect for himself...Living in a time warp.Not a great person to look up to as a captain.How this guy gets picked for origin is beyond me.
We really need a hard edged captain and coach....At least Robbie hated losing and never gave up.He must be laughing his head off at us now....Woods sits at press conferences looking like a zombie.

Yes, agree totally about Tedesco. He has a huge heart and always has a go. I was more making a point supporting what Hodgson said to me about their side. It is easy playing behind a pack of forwards that is getting a role on, Teddy often doesn't have that luxury.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Thing that pisses me of is how undignified the dealings were with the one bloke who personified toughness grit & intensity qualities that the majority of the impostors currently in our roster r bereft of.

Its of vital importance that we make the correct coaching appointment so that we avoid continuing to tread water.This club should b 1stly doing there utmost to attract the hard nosed Hasler & give him total autonomy in running things !

Quote from Woodsy "The young guys just don't give a shit" from a reliable source.

I didn't go back and search through old treads, but I remember that Farah said much the same thing and people knocked him for being a grumpy old bastard.

Others said that he was correct and we needed more of his type - so we still have the guys who don't give a shit and as long as clubs keep paying big bucks for under performers, we will still have generation me, not giving a shit.

Latest posts