What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Taylor

Gareth67

First Grade
Phil (the) Rothschild , mentioned in yesterday's Tele that a very successful coach (?) , had been offered around to other clubs .

Perhaps the Tigers have already made a grab for him , whomever it is , and have now taken the final step in securing him , by showing Taylor the front door .

A damn shame that our front office could not have similar thoughts and think about our future .

Last edited:
Phil Rothschild mentioned in yesterday's Tele that a very successful coach , had been offered to around to other clubs .

Perhaps the Tigers have already made a grab for him , whomever it is , and have now taken the final step in securing him , by showing Taylor the front door .

A damn shame that our front office could not have similar thoughts and think about our future .

But we've won 2 out of 3 games. Mary is doing really well.

Straight Shooter

blacksafake

First Grade
Well i'm not totally surprised,however to me it shows the "big 4" in a bad light.They are supposed to be professionals & they have hardly put in & now they demand the coach goes before they sign WTF.
at least Duges,Widdop etc have always put in when they have gone onto the field.Duges could have spat the dummy but just to show what a perason he is he has as usual given 100%.

FlameThrower

Bench
I posted elsewhere that a domino effect would occur with so many coaches having an axe swinging over their heads.
But no way did I think 3 games in this would already happen..
I've heard that Todd Payten is favourite to coach. But they Tigers are in same boat and would want to avoid an untried rookie for another 2 or 3 years.
Meanwhile vast majority of the Tigers are coming off contract this year... what a mess!!

FlameThrower

Bench
Great move by the Tigers, but they'll be targeting Cleary and Hasler now which makes life difficult for us.

It might also put unnecessary ideas in the heads of our board, who will probably be considering Taylor now as a replacement for McGregor.
Todd Payten is players favourite- who is running that joint!!!

mickeylane

Bench
I rec
I posted elsewhere that a domino effect would occur with so many coaches having an axe swinging over their heads.
But no way did I think 3 games in this would already happen..
I've heard that Todd Payten is favourite to coach. But they Tigers are in same boat and would want to avoid an untried rookie for another 2 or 3 years.
Meanwhile vast majority of the Tigers are coming off contract this year... what a mess!!
i reckon Clearly will be appointed - they can't get any worse even though the fantastic 4 want Payten their former U20 coach

mickeylane

Bench
The tigers will go for an experience coach, they will definitely get Cleary, McGregor will be doing cartwheels!
Let me tell you if Mcgregor wins his next 2 out 3 games the club will give him a 2 year extension - there doesn't seem to be any movement for a new coach - players look happy and so does Mcgregor - plus Millward would be overjoyed if Mcgregor stays as he still stays in a position of power..
I hope I'm wrong

Reactions: Qdf

red rocket

Juniors
Let me tell you if Mcgregor wins his next 2 out 3 games the club will give him a 2 year extension - there doesn't seem to be any movement for a new coach - players look happy and so does Mcgregor - plus Millward would be overjoyed if Mcgregor stays as he still stays in a position of power..
I hope I'm wrong
Heard that the coach getting shopped around is maguire

Red V for life

Juniors
I hope I'm wrong
It'll be like the never-ending-bloody story.

If he gets a 2 year extension, he'll get another 2 years on top of that coz, you know, it will take the new halves time to gel and Mary has a bright future as a coach yadda yadda.

Mary 2020 and beyond!

giboz71

First Grade
It's not altogether surprising.

His coaching record at the Tigers is hovering around 39%. Mary's is 48%.

And he's had a champagne spine containing Tedesco, Moses and Brooks (and Farah until this year).

If Mary is such a clueless coach (which I agree he is), what does that make Taylor?

Latest posts