What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JDB

He plays his best footy when his first thought is run which he did yesty when he starts doing his turn ya back and lollypop it out the back thats when ya know he isnt on imo

100%.

There's a fine line between a hard running forward who has the ability and vision to ball play when it's on, and a middle forward who thinks he's a #7.

JDB was on the right side of that line yesterday. Continue to perform like that and we have our very own, big minute version of James Graham.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If we are to chase Tedesco I say throw the bank at him. In saying that feel sorry for Dufty if we sign. But it is a business and teams will always going to try and get the best available even it that results in Dufty being on the outer.
It's cutthroat now the million dollar mark is going to be quite common now and in years to come
I like the look of Dufty. He looks like a very exciting prospect. He may make it and become a top line fullback? But there is still a question mark if he will make it. Will he be as good as Tedesco?, I doubt it. I think Tedesco is one of the most valuable players in the game. He will also put bums on seats. If we signed Tedesco, he would be the best signing that we have made in over 40 years.

If we do manage to sign Tedesco, then Dufty will still make it at another club if he is as good as many of us on this forum think he is.

David Moroney

Juniors
1. No. 1 Priority - Man become a man! Keep that beard going.
2. Let Widdup go!
3. Play Jai Field a 5/8 as much as you can - preparing him for 2018

Frank Facer

First Grade
Another great game by Jack DeBelin. He looks to finally be playing to the potential that I thought he had at the beginning of his career. I think we missed him when he went off for a short stint on the interchange bench.

Keep it up Jack. I think you can push for origin if you can continue in the same vein of form that you are in. I would pick you if I was the selector.

j0nesy

Bench
Best player on the ground tonight, as he was against the Panthers. Also think he was our best against Parramatta. Tackling hard, running hard, with the occasional good offload.

Has everyone watched the team song after the game.
JDB could literally turn into a Dragon he just has pride and passion running through him singing that.
Great game again and very happy we have him for another few years.

Red V for life

Juniors
JDB, Vaughan, Packer and Frizz...aka the Beast Brothers.

Hope they can stay injury free coz we're gonna need them given the style of footy we play.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
Keep it up Jack. I think you can push for origin if you can continue in the same vein of form that you are in. I would pick you if I was the selector

Agree Frank. His attack and defence is superior and Josh can only dream about the try at Kogarah against the Panthers.

Old Timer

Coach
Great game again by JDB he seems to have really focussed on eye balling the opposition, then running straight and hard in attack.
He has also increased his intensity and leg drive in defence as he is now making a lot more hard first contact.
He has really improved over the off season and I believe is benefiting greatly from having Vaughan in the side.

blacksafake

First Grade
Has everyone watched the team song after the game.
JDB could literally turn into a Dragon he just has pride and passion running through him singing that.
Great game again and very happy we have him for another few years.
Yes he sure does. Also noticed how into it Gareth was as well.

He is running harder this year

good footwork as he approaches the defence

excellent pass in traffic sent Vaughan on a long gallop

Much improved, there is a lot to like about JDB so far this season

Reactions: jak

Bench
From seeing videos of him, I think he bleeds red and white. That is the type of player we need at the club. He said he was never going to test the market.
He should be our captain

Frank Facer

First Grade
I recall hearing that Sterlo did not mention DeBelin being in contention for NSW this year. I am starting to think that DeBelin should be the first forward chosen, with Frizzell not far behind and this has nothing to do with being biased towards Saints. He has taken his game to another level this year and he is made for origin. DeBelin could even be future Saints captain and NSW captain material.

Last edited:

Drakon

Juniors
I recall hearing that Sterlo did not mention DeBelin being in contention for NSW this year. I am starting to think that DeBelin should be the first forward chosen, with Frizzell not far behind and this has nothing to do with being bias towards Saints. He has taken his game to another level this year and he is made for origin. DeBelin could even be future Saints captain and NSW captain material.
I heard the tail end of Sterlo talking about JDB after the Manly game. Sounds like he is in the picture but Sterlo did emphasise that it is Laurie's call. Laurie has final say on the selections.

Life's Good

Coach
I back JDB to hold his own against LoLo and Hess which will help lay the foundation for the rest of the team. He has been in good form and like others have said is really reaching his potential.

The Doc

Juniors
The guy has come along in leaps and bounds this year.
I was a big critic of his over the last 2 years.
Gladly eating humble this year.

Latest posts